Author Topic: European Infantry Cup [Season 1] *Completed*  (Read 162611 times)

Offline Heist

• First Lieutenant
  • 22nd Cheshire Regiment of Foot Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Col_Murphy
  • Side: Neutral
Re: European Infantry Cup [Season 1]
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2017, 04:45:24 pm »
Good event, finals was pretty intense last time

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2017, 04:59:37 pm »
I think the problem is that referee in last seasons of NWL etc had really small amount of power and respect from the regiments and it is kinda hard that even the reg leaders who agree on referee are actually screwing him during the match.

All chat i think if somebody missclick and write global instead of team chat should be fine. Every normal referee can recognize if the player is bantering referee and opponents or if wasnt intentional.

What we really need to be fair is a strict schedule for the regiments what basicly means that nobody will fkin wait 5 weeks for some regiment.

Inb4 bitching on me , sorry for this essay but i really would like to prevent this.

Regarding to the all chat I don't really see an issue having people just typing stuff in the all chat up to a certain point where it gets insulting and or spam in which the ref should interfere, I recall from the last NLC where Herishey recorded a match between Crumpet his regiment vs the 77y where 4 members of the 77y typed GL&Hf to which all 4 were slain during that round, we really don't want that.

Also me and John Price agreed that when a league table is made you have to stick to the match weeks offcourse if you cant play a match during that week due to both regiments not being able to play then you can postpone the match BUT it eventually will come down that you have to play 2 matches in a week in order to catch up with the rest of the regiments :)

Offline Falk

• Captain
  • WATCH OUT DUSAN IS USING MY PROFILE SOMETIMES
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] Falk
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2017, 06:06:57 pm »
If you want good refs that ppl could eventually take serious ??? Why do u accept lone all the time ?

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2017, 06:09:46 pm »
If you want good refs that ppl could eventually take serious ??? Why do u accept lone all the time ?

Hahahah Falk fuck sake man he has a point tho, I expect a Ref application from Lone the moment he gets a free moment to post.

All jokes a side it's good to see atleast that some people are willing to help out an event by using the spare time they have Reffing a match/event.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2017, 06:16:16 pm »
As the thread says guys it's a work in progress. However with regards to timekeeping it's one of the first things we talked about. I am sick and tired of regiments postponing our NWL matches for even months. Certain long standing Russian regiment left us hanging for 7 weeks. 7 fucking weeks.

Rant aside, the all chat rule is abit of a fickle mistress. I think the best way to deal with it is to allow referee discresion. 18e has had plently of awesome 1v1's including our 1v1 against 85e on the Monday where we have had no issues whatsoever. What it comes down to is certain individuals in regiments instigating. So how would you all feel about the rule stating something such as this;

"All chat is allowed and welcomed. As long as it is either constructive or friendly in nature. Any silly instigation or general abuse will result in all chat being removed by the referee. Failure to abide by this rule will result in slays and if the individual(s) still cannot behave they will receive a temporary ban, if sever a match ban. Regiment leaders are welcomed to request no all chat prior to he events start if they wish."

Obviously a work in progress, i an on the train to Leeds right now and thought I would read through your comments :) haven't had the chance to speak to Pieter since the thread went up as I a man going away for the weekend (Network Security training, exotic!)

I agree with discipline really making a tournament go that much further. However what I don't agree with is strangling regiments with 10 pages of rules and regulations. You may not all agree however I personally feel as though this would be there best middle ground for both sides of he argument?

Kaide, as much as I am sure the community really does value your opinion, please do not post here if you have nothing to add to this thread other than silly, unwanted instigation.

EDIT well you already did t while I was typing, no more posting for you thank you.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2017, 06:16:50 pm »
Sorry for the big wall of text guys, it's definitely worth reading though.

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2017, 06:21:48 pm »

Hahahah Falk fuck sake man he has a point tho, I expect a Ref application from Lone the moment he gets a free moment to post.

All jokes a side it's good to see atleast that some people are willing to help out an event by using the spare time they have Reffing a match/event.
myself and Lone already had a big conversation about this already for the 10v20 tourney. He wa not accepted for this very reason. Mostly because during the previous 10v10 tourney before hat he completely ignored what I told I'm to do. However he has proved he is dedicated to getting better and I give respect to that. So when the sign ups come around Pieter and myself will speak about it :)

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2017, 06:24:18 pm »
Did you just triple post, mister John Price!?!?!?!

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2017, 06:26:30 pm »
Did you just triple post, mister John Price!?!?!?!
so much to say and type haha. What can I say people have taken a lot of interest and I am excited to live up to expectations ::)

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2017, 06:27:15 pm »
10v20 tourney sounds pretty fair

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2017, 06:28:55 pm »
10v20 tourney sounds pretty fair
my phone :'(

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doublebread´s husband basically.
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2017, 07:07:46 pm »
If you want to get help i was planning to make a Cup in late summer so i have some ideas of rules etc.

Offline Moskito

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2017, 07:17:26 pm »
GL
Bagins: In terms of who I wouldnt like to play, Germany, they're cancer and bring the game down.

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2017, 07:25:05 pm »

Spoiler
The reason is pretty much what they were discussing now, why would I take it serious if you have like 20 people constantly trashtalking (you) in allchat. I find it rather interesting that you insult people spending their time so tourneys and so on keep going, you retard. I guess I don´t need to show that I can Ref good and organize stuff (1v1 of Tardet etc etc) properly unlike you who´d be too silly to take fast decisions. Nor is it my problem if you don´t take me serious, shows me more that you´re just a kid. Won´t turn this into a personal thing, but since you started I think I can react.
[close]

myself and Lone already had a big conversation about this already for the 10v20 tourney. He wa not accepted for this very reason. Mostly because during the previous 10v10 tourney before hat he completely ignored what I told I'm to do. However he has proved he is dedicated to getting better and I give respect to that. So when the sign ups come around Pieter and myself will speak about it :)

Well that one event was shit by me ikr, but I enjoy to help people taking afford to keep the comp scene alive nevertheless, so well, past is past.
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2017, 09:03:40 pm »
Agreed with nearly everything Chriseh said, waiting for the rest of the work in progress.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.