Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 409049 times)

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5895 on: September 01, 2021, 09:44:54 pm »
Is it a bad thing that I think Democracy is a joke and I wish the world still welcomed authoritarian style leadership and governments?
weak bait
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #5896 on: September 01, 2021, 11:05:13 pm »
Can we discuss inflation / if American is immune to it and they can just let the machine go brrrr because the banks own the money and not the people?

As this is a game forum let's keep it on topic, if the dollar does go nuclear the entire games industry will be wiped out.

People will game regardless if the dollar is worth zero.

Majority of large western development companies use dollars to pay developers / fund their own development staff. Customers aren't the issue.

You'll see the rise of Eastern influence in video game media just like we're seeing with social media.

ALL HAIL CHAIRMAN XI

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5897 on: September 01, 2021, 11:13:05 pm »
Is it a bad thing that I think Democracy is a joke and I wish the world still welcomed authoritarian style leadership and governments?
weak bait

No, I am serious. Democracy is slow, weak and inefficient. We need a new form of government that combines the good morals of democracy with the efficiency and strength of an authoritarian government.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: September 01, 2021, 11:26:44 pm »
weak bait

No, I am serious. Democracy is slow, weak and inefficient. We need a new form of government that combines the good morals of democracy with the efficiency and strength of an authoritarian government.

External powers - previous administration Vs good intentions - morals

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: September 02, 2021, 12:43:21 am »
weak bait

Slow isnt bad if you ask me. Also history isnt really backing your argument pal
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #5900 on: September 02, 2021, 03:57:02 am »
weak bait

let him be its been 5 years that he has been trying to be a pro csgo player

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #5901 on: September 02, 2021, 05:13:43 am »
weak bait

Slow is bad when you live in a massive country like the US. Where our democracy is an absolute shit show and is filled with corruption on both sides and a pile of shit so big and deep that there is no real fix at this point.

Also explain to me how history isn't backing my argument? Look at Napoleon and Hitler (countless others), both used their authority to quickly turn their nations into global superpowers. And are you implying that the democracy's we have today are the pinnacle of government? Do you honestly believe there is not a better system? If you don't think it can be better then I pity you. Do you really think that mankind's peak is a bunch of disjointed countries spread across our planet with massive differences between us and systems that take lifetimes to see change and progress? I sincerely hope not.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #5902 on: September 02, 2021, 06:00:55 am »
weak bait

Slow is bad when you live in a massive country like the US. Where our democracy is an absolute shit show and is filled with corruption on both sides and a pile of shit so big and deep that there is no real fix at this point.

Also explain to me how history isn't backing my argument? Look at Napoleon and Hitler (countless others), both used their authority to quickly turn their nations into global superpowers. And are you implying that the democracy's we have today are the pinnacle of government? Do you honestly believe there is not a better system? If you don't think it can be better then I pity you. Do you really think that mankind's peak is a bunch of disjointed countries spread across our planet with massive differences between us and systems that take lifetimes to see change and progress? I sincerely hope not.

63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #5903 on: September 02, 2021, 06:18:01 am »
Bring back feudalism
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: September 02, 2021, 10:11:23 am »

Yes.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #5905 on: September 02, 2021, 04:14:13 pm »

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #5906 on: September 02, 2021, 08:55:47 pm »

Yes.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #5908 on: September 10, 2021, 05:16:42 am »
Canadian election update:

Projections show it to be MAD close
Spoiler
[close]

Liberals stopped the bleeding but they lost some ground, English debates will make things clearer - but also people don't really watch the debates so idk

NDP still projected for a seat increase, they've done well

Bloc set to maintain their hold on rural QC, altho CPC looking to flip a few

Like all CDN elections, it'll come down to GTA toss-ups, key Atlantic seats, and BC suburbs

also I must say, Canada is frighteningly regional in its politics. Americans and Europeans complain about this as well generally but in CA it's kinda insane. CPC swept two whole provinces last election and managed merely opposition. Quebec, BC and the Maritimes are not too politically regionalized but in the rest of Canada geography essentially dictates voting intentions and that's frankly concerning.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #5909 on: September 10, 2021, 05:22:04 am »
Canadian election update:

Projections show it to be MAD close
Spoiler
[close]

Liberals stopped the bleeding but they lost some ground, English debates will make things clearer - but also people don't really watch the debates so idk

NDP still projected for a seat increase, they've done well

Bloc set to maintain their hold on rural QC, altho CPC looking to flip a few

Like all CDN elections, it'll come down to GTA toss-ups, key Atlantic seats, and BC suburbs

also I must say, Canada is frighteningly regional in its politics. Americans and Europeans complain about this as well generally but in CA it's kinda insane. CPC swept two whole provinces last election and managed merely opposition. Quebec, BC and the Maritimes are not too politically regionalized but in the rest of Canada geography essentially dictates voting intentions and that's frankly concerning.
we need the rhino do this again this time around