Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 524825 times)

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5805 on: June 04, 2021, 06:38:40 pm »

there is a great paper about this, but I sadly dont have a link atm
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #5806 on: June 06, 2021, 03:06:51 am »
if i were in his place id be pretty thankful to have greek ancestry over turkish ancestry, no offense turks
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: June 10, 2021, 02:16:00 pm »
if i were in his place id be pretty thankful to have greek ancestry over turkish ancestry, no offense turks

Doubt, if you grew up in Turkey with Turkish culture I doubt you'd prefer having Greek ancestry.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #5808 on: June 17, 2021, 03:56:59 pm »

Doubt, if you grew up in Turkey with Turkish culture I doubt you'd prefer having Greek ancestry.
Doubt, if you grew up in Turkey with Turkish culture I doubt you wouldnt feel like a fucking dirty cockroach 24/7

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5809 on: June 28, 2021, 06:51:11 am »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/hate-speech-bill-c36-1.6077606

Canada is fucked lmao I need out.

C-10 gave the government the power to regulate internet content including social media end users under the old Broadcasting Act (intended for old radio and TV broadcasts). now bill c-36 will give them the power to define what they consider to be hate speech on a whim and punish it with fines of up to $20,000 for first offense and $50,000 for subsequent offenses; using information pulled from ISP's, social media companies, etc. to faciliate.

people kept repeating that the Liberals aren't stupid enough to try to censor the internet even after they removed the provision exempting end users from Bill c-10, but now it's clear that that's exactly what they're doing - and of course they are citing the incident in London as proof that this is required even though the perpetrator had little to no online presence as far as police have determined
Why am I still here

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5810 on: June 28, 2021, 04:08:36 pm »

C-10 gave the government the power to regulate internet content including social media end users under the old Broadcasting Act (intended for old radio and TV broadcasts). now bill c-36 will give them the power to define what they consider to be hate speech on a whim and punish it with fines of up to $20,000 for first offense and $50,000 for subsequent offenses; using information pulled from ISP's, social media companies, etc. to faciliate.

people kept repeating that the Liberals aren't stupid enough to try to censor the internet even after they removed the provision exempting end users from Bill c-10, but now it's clear that that's exactly what they're doing - and of course they are citing the incident in London as proof that this is required even though the perpetrator had little to no online presence as far as police have determined
We place our hopes in the senate

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #5811 on: June 28, 2021, 04:24:39 pm »
I'm really sorry guys :(

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #5812 on: June 30, 2021, 02:17:46 am »
Spoiler

We place our hopes in the senate
[close]
Ngl as much as I like to shit on the dumpsterfire of US politics I'm starting to fear we're slipping behind in the healthy democracy game as well. Beyond bill C-10, parliamentary democracy has been in decline over the last two decades. It started with Harper but Trudeau has really solidified executive power into the PMO: unless he starts literally stabbing MP's neither his party nor cabinet are gonna check him. Not likely CPC leadership will reverse this trend.

tl;dr Canadian Party Leader's winning 38%+ of the popular vote have and will continue to have 100% executive and legislative powers... we're fucked.

Offline Poberta

• Colonel
  • Coc great power IRL historian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_kgd_poberta
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 09:17:54 am by poberta »

Offline fruitocino

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18e SgtMaj
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: July 15, 2021, 11:13:08 pm »
https://www.firstpost.com/world/i-can-see-the-greatness-jackie-chan-wants-to-join-chinas-communist-party-9800131.html?fbclid=IwAR1mWPa4QGSjVL6Xo4p2p5JqrmtQFnv859GL0bD0Ff2L4U1_r-haOsQWHGc rip Hong Kong                                                                                 https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/gwanwg/jackie_chan_at_the_benefit_concert_held_in_may/     
I dont think thats a surprise really, is it? Jackie is only as big as he is because he doesn't speak out against the party, it only makes sense that he endorses/joins it

Phailur

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
  • Leader of 1er Suisse, Ski Instructor, Paintballer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Nick: J-Man11
« Reply #5816 on: July 20, 2021, 06:22:18 am »

Offline Poberta

• Colonel
  • Coc great power IRL historian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_kgd_poberta
« Reply #5817 on: July 21, 2021, 09:24:24 am »
Im happy of John Bercow 

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #5818 on: July 21, 2021, 11:48:24 pm »
Im happy of John Bercow 
not a surprise, he was always a closet leftie

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline cowlikenuts

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Leader of 65Y competitive
« Reply #5819 on: July 22, 2021, 05:46:19 am »
Trump is not my president
cowlikenuts is the most powerful 30th member wtf why arent you worshipping him???