Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 525398 times)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #4920 on: February 18, 2019, 06:24:29 pm »
There's a running joke that my state (Texas) should secede from the U.S. and frankly it's the most capable state to do so, but I always point out to people that it would be a Brexit situation of having to renegotiate all our trade, but that seems better than being a Tax-donor state (we send more money to the Federal government then we get back). It's really just a meh situation as the U.S. continues to slowly fall from its hegemony, but as 2016 pointed out, all a rival country has to do is promote some sectarian facebook pages and Americans start fighting each other and burning down towns (lul).
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: February 18, 2019, 06:35:54 pm »
Why would it? What would it gain? The logic 'we pay more than we get' is barely valid as you could literally continueing seceding richer parts away from poorer parts right down to the micro-level. Looking at you, Catalonia.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4922 on: February 18, 2019, 08:10:48 pm »
Why would it? What would it gain? The logic 'we pay more than we get' is barely valid as you could literally continueing seceding richer parts away from poorer parts right down to the micro-level. Looking at you, Catalonia.

I think it's more about arguments of nationhood. Texas was an independent republic that won its own war against Mexico before it joined the USA.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #4923 on: February 18, 2019, 08:20:23 pm »

I think it's more about arguments of nationhood. Texas was an independent republic that won its own war against Mexico before it joined the USA.
Fun fact: Texas was a lot bigger than our current size, but we also made Santa Anna sign the treaty of independence with guns all around him, so that's probably why.
Spoiler
[close]

It's time for the Jedi United States to end and for the Eastern Roman Empire Texas to rise.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
« Reply #4924 on: February 18, 2019, 08:41:47 pm »

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
« Reply #4925 on: February 18, 2019, 09:30:17 pm »
If you come over as a 'peacekeeper' you'll be lucky to leave in a body bag.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #4926 on: February 18, 2019, 09:39:04 pm »
You really misunderstand what peacekeepers are for and how they get somewhere in the first place.

What you are thinking of is 'democracy-bringer'.

If you come over as a 'peacekeeper' you'll be lucky to leave in a body bag.
r/iamverybadass
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: February 18, 2019, 09:52:53 pm »
I am not making any claims about my own actions, merely pointing out that 'those hillbillies in the woods' aren't going to be as easy to 'persuade' as people will undoubtedly lead on.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4928 on: February 18, 2019, 10:15:13 pm »
I am not making any claims about my own actions, merely pointing out that 'those hillbillies in the woods' aren't going to be as easy to 'persuade' as people will undoubtedly lead on.
Contrary to popular belief, they are proficient shooters and well versed in guerrilla warfare.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4929 on: February 19, 2019, 01:01:07 am »
Hickok45 could defeat an entire army just by himself.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: February 19, 2019, 01:59:05 am »
Especially if it's an army of 2 liters.

Offline HaroldW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: February 19, 2019, 02:06:53 pm »
Can't have something you gave up.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: February 20, 2019, 05:31:41 am »
What a ludicrous statement. Without even touching the way sovereignty had been setup to work, and did so until the mid 19th-century in the U.S., the idea you can't take back sovereignty once it has been lost is possibly the stupidest thing I have ever heard on this forum. The past century has seen hundreds of new polities retake or forge anew their sovereignty; both by peaceful and violent means.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: February 20, 2019, 03:16:09 pm »
It was meant sarcastic and a slight reference to the last time Texas tried leaving the Union.

To classify Texas as a nation that is different from the US is somewhat laughable considering pretty much its entire Republican government, including all its presidents and fifty-seven of the sixty signers of its declaration of independence were Americans. The majority of who were, in the eyes of the Mexican law, illegal immigrants. Russia could learn from this example.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 03:26:50 pm by Duuring »