Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 525376 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #4140 on: August 13, 2018, 05:36:11 pm »
Is there anywhere where the points are expanded upon or have they only just outlined them atm? Would be interesting to read.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4141 on: August 13, 2018, 06:35:13 pm »
Is there anywhere where the points are expanded upon or have they only just outlined them atm? Would be interesting to read.

I think they're initially outlined in general then delegates go in and debate the detail. Of course they'll have prepared the detailed proposals beforehand to go in with so a lot should get published soon. In 2019 the New Zealand government is publishing its 'Closer Commonwealth Economic Relations (CCER)' proposals, basically CANZUK under a different name, which is basically folding the UK and Canada into the various Trans-Tasman agreements that exist between Australia and NZ (yes, you can have free movement/free trade/residency rights/mutual recognition of standards and qualifications etc without 28 unelected Commissioners dictating things...).

Ironically for all this talk of CANZUK being 'Empire 2.0' it's not actually Britain that's pushing this.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4142 on: August 13, 2018, 06:53:38 pm »
Now *this* is interesting. CANZUK is actively being discussed by the Canadian Conservatives at their big pre-election convention. If it passes it'll be official party policy and form part of the 2019 manifesto.

Should pass given it's backed by the leadership...

Conservatives winnig in canada lul? Im surprised they arent banned yet.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: August 14, 2018, 06:22:33 pm »
Looks like the 2019 election might be a close one.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: August 15, 2018, 05:04:50 am »
Fired like a dog

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: August 16, 2018, 02:26:43 pm »
Yep. I suggest following Ballotpedia's updates on the primaries, they've been saying this for the last few months now. Pro-Trump Republicans are winning primaries and in several hotly contested primaries none of the candidates actually opposed Trump. Meanwhile, Republican primary turn-out is higher then that of the Democrats and that could predict a low turn-out for Democratic voters during the General.

Take the Arizone US Senate seat, for example. It has been rated the most likely Senate Seat to flip during the 2018. McSally, the party-supported candidate and poll-favorite used to be critical of Trump in 2016 but has completely 180-degree-turned, and her two opponents are completely aligned with the Trump administration. They are all running on a pro-Trump/Administration platform, in a very unsafe seat, in a midterm election. Honestly, if the Democrats don't take this seat, they might as well stop trying.

The Democrats are still in a good position to take back the House, but with the Senate is unlikely to flip, the effects of that are really limited. If they fail, you might as well re-name the Republican Party the Trump Party and I'm willing to bet Trump will be almost ensured the Republican nomination for 2020.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: August 16, 2018, 03:50:41 pm »
Good time to be a Republican I guess. There's also a few old Democrat judges on the Supreme Court that Trump will replace so I wouldn't be surprised if Roe vs Wade gets overturned.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: August 16, 2018, 04:59:35 pm »
Good time to be a Republican I guess.

Good time to be a Trump-er. Whether or not that's the same thing as a Republican is to be seen come November.

There's also a few old Democrat judges on the Supreme Court that Trump will replace so I wouldn't be surprised if Roe vs Wade gets overturned.

Not to mention the conservative judges he's planting down on all courts. The USA is going to feel this one for a long time.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #4150 on: August 16, 2018, 05:10:51 pm »
BUT HOW CAN I HAVE MY 10TH ABORTION NOW 😩😩😩
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: August 16, 2018, 05:16:37 pm »
By killing yourself trying to do it yourself, of course. Like the good old days. Life's sacred people.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: August 16, 2018, 05:35:45 pm »
By killing yourself trying to do it yourself, of course. Like the good old days. Life's sacred people.

No idea about US figures but in Britain the number of deaths from backstreet abortions was in the tens of people per year before it became fully legal. Not sure c.200,000 abortions per year is a price worth paying.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: August 16, 2018, 06:03:05 pm »
But we're not talking about the UK.

Did anyone keep track of the number of illegal abortions and the number of deaths related to those anyway?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 06:10:16 pm by Duuring »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4154 on: August 16, 2018, 06:16:20 pm »
"In countries where abortion is completely banned or permitted only to save the woman’s life or preserve her physical health, only 1 in 4 abortions were safe; whereas, in countries where abortion is legal on broader grounds, nearly 9 in 10 abortions were done safely. Restricting access to abortions does not reduce the number of abortions." - World Health Organisation

http://www.who.int/news-room/detail/28-09-2017-worldwide-an-estimated-25-million-unsafe-abortions-occur-each-year