Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 520019 times)

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
  • Side: Union
I do not need to prove a point when your idiotic arguments make the point for me. I could type out 10 pages of reasoning but no matter how much i type or whatever facts/evidence i provide it wont magically cure your retardation and make your brain start working properly.

Funny thing is... Even if you don't believe in global warming (of which there are far more sceptics than climate change) or climate change in general, you'd have to be a complete science denier to say humanity isn't destroying this planet.

I mean, everything that causes climate change is also doing something else to harm this planet (acidifying ocean as an example).
Even if you don't believe in that, renewable energy is a must since we're not going to last much longer on carbon-based fuel from fossil sources.

And if you deny that.... Well you're either overoptimistic about space travel or you should start primary school.

^ This
We're not running out of carbon based fuels, so I'm not quite sure what you're talking about there. We will be able to use oil and other fuels for a long time to come. And to point at the USA and Europe as the problems for climate change is unrealistic and really just childish, isn't it. The problem is that even with this Paris accord, with climate change efforts, that the big problems come from China and Russia. China will not hinder itself like the USA has for the past years in the name of the world, or the environment, so your best bet is to just adapt to the new climate. Russia and China are both guilty about lying on how much they're polluting, and it seems like the international community doesn't care about them, but when the U.S. puts serious strains on its economy for multiple years in an attempt to reduce a tiny amount of emissions, its ridiculous. Any progress the world tries to make is completely reversed by China alone, so until they change nothing will change. No, you cannot SJW your way into China and force them to change -- they won't. You can't ask them to save the planet, because they'll talk the talk and won't take any action. The US is acting in it's best interest for its own people by leaving the Paris accord, and if you think it's not for the best of America then you're just wrong.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
The problem is this, do you do what is better for the world or for your country. If no nation chooses the world then we all die eventually and no countries win.

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
The problem is this, do you do what is better for the world or for your country. If no nation chooses the world then we all die eventually and no countries win.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white
Why am I still here

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
I do not need to prove a point when your idiotic arguments make the point for me. I could type out 10 pages of reasoning but no matter how much i type or whatever facts/evidence i provide it wont magically cure your retardation and make your brain start working properly.

Funny thing is... Even if you don't believe in global warming (of which there are far more sceptics than climate change) or climate change in general, you'd have to be a complete science denier to say humanity isn't destroying this planet.

I mean, everything that causes climate change is also doing something else to harm this planet (acidifying ocean as an example).
Even if you don't believe in that, renewable energy is a must since we're not going to last much longer on carbon-based fuel from fossil sources.

And if you deny that.... Well you're either overoptimistic about space travel or you should start primary school.

^ This
We're not running out of carbon based fuels, so I'm not quite sure what you're talking about there. We will be able to use oil and other fuels for a long time to come. And to point at the USA and Europe as the problems for climate change is unrealistic and really just childish, isn't it. The problem is that even with this Paris accord, with climate change efforts, that the big problems come from China and Russia. China will not hinder itself like the USA has for the past years in the name of the world, or the environment, so your best bet is to just adapt to the new climate. Russia and China are both guilty about lying on how much they're polluting, and it seems like the international community doesn't care about them, but when the U.S. puts serious strains on its economy for multiple years in an attempt to reduce a tiny amount of emissions, its ridiculous. Any progress the world tries to make is completely reversed by China alone, so until they change nothing will change. No, you cannot SJW your way into China and force them to change -- they won't. You can't ask them to save the planet, because they'll talk the talk and won't take any action. The US is acting in it's best interest for its own people by leaving the Paris accord, and if you think it's not for the best of America then you're just wrong.

Except US puts out a whole lot more CO2 per capita than China, and China have also recently shown interest in further lowering their pollution by investing in renewable energy.

(Also let's not forget that China is part of the Paris accord.)

Sources
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jan/05/china-invest-renewable-fuel-2020-energy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
China sees the strategic relevance of investing in renewable energy. Something the Dutch military is only starting to grasp now... still a ways ahead of the rest of NATO though.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
China sees the strategic relevance of investing in renewable energy. Something the Dutch military is only starting to grasp now... still a ways ahead of the rest of NATO though.
? More like the Chinese are tired of their terrible air quality (http://www.popsci.com/why-is-smog-in-china-so-bad).
The best renewable energy source for strategic relevance is not solar, wind or hydro - it's nuclear, something the US has known since the 60's at least. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Naval_reactors)
Also, most of you live in the US. You should know your air quality has been steadily improving since 1990 - https://gispub.epa.gov/air/trendsreport/2016/

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
As far as I know nuclear isn't currently renewable.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:01:43 pm by Furrnox »

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
As far as I know nuclear isn't currently renewable.

But the point of renewables, as the name suggests, is to tackle the 'well what happens when we run out?' argument, but that won't happen for at the very, very least 70 years, and it's extremely likely we'll have renewable nuclear sources by then.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
You're most likely right.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
Still, nuclear will at least last a couple hundred more years.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
Nuclear energy is the way too go, and we don't have smog pollution on any scale close to China. There are so many nuclear plants on the east coast

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
Nuclear energy is the way too go, and we don't have smog pollution on any scale close to China. There are so many nuclear plants on the east coast

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
"On any scale close to China"

Lol that's nothing Marceaux

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
One picture =/ evidence of a smog problem in the United States.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile

"On any scale close to China"

Lol that's nothing Marceaux

Beijing: "Hold my beer"

[close]
Why am I still here