Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 524843 times)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
There is a difference between "Change is needed" and "IF WE DON'T CHANGE RIGHT NOW WE ARE LITERALLY ALL GOING TO DIE AHHHHHHH. QUICK, LETS ALL PAY TRIPLE FOR ENERGY RIGHT THIS SECOND.". Exaggerating the situation by saying we are "destroying the planet" makes the situation seem alot more dire than it really is, and calling everyone who disagrees with you "science deniers" and insulting them just makes you look like a real negative covfefe tbh.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
The situation is quite dire to be honest. It may look liek it isn't because the margin is usually larger than 50 years in which things will go awry seriously.
THe problem is that not a lot can change in 50 years.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
I do not need to prove a point when your idiotic arguments make the point for me. I could type out 10 pages of reasoning but no matter how much i type or whatever facts/evidence i provide it wont magically cure your retardation and make your brain start working properly.

Funny thing is... Even if you don't believe in global warming (of which there are far more sceptics than climate change) or climate change in general, you'd have to be a complete science denier to say humanity isn't destroying this planet.

I mean, everything that causes climate change is also doing something else to harm this planet (acidifying ocean as an example).
Even if you don't believe in that, renewable energy is a must since we're not going to last much longer on carbon-based fuel from fossil sources.

And if you deny that.... Well you're either overoptimistic about space travel or you should start primary school.

^ This

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Eh I'll probably kill myself before I have to actually worry about climate change
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
Perhaps but if you'll ever consider getting children then this topic should be very important to you.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
I think we have more pressing matters to direct funding to. Currently, the cost is greater than the reward in regards to how much it costs to set up renewable energy sources, and how much energy those sources actually yield.

That and the fact that Europe isn't going to save the world without some cooperation from the east, which only a fool would believe is going to happen anytime soon.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
I think the main current issue is that Trump wants to ignore climate change & renewable energy altogether and go back to "clean coal".
Even going as far as to cut almost all government research on the subject.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 06:10:29 pm by Furrnox »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I do not need to prove a point when your idiotic arguments make the point for me. I could type out 10 pages of reasoning but no matter how much i type or whatever facts/evidence i provide it wont magically cure your retardation and make your brain start working properly.

Shut up, you literally think Paladins is better than Overwatch. Everything that comes out of your mouth is nonsense. Please make an argument so you can get thrashed.

I think the main current issue is that Trump wants to ignore climate change & renewable energy altogether and go back to "clean coal".

Taking the focus away from climate change & renewable energy =/= ignoring it. It just is not one of his top concerns, nor should it be.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile

Shut up, you literally think Paladins is better than Overwatch. Everything that comes out of your mouth is nonsense. Please make an argument so you can get thrashed.

Taking the focus away from climate change & renewable energy =/= ignoring it. It just is not one of his top concerns, nor should it be.

Ap0c why are you always so angry?

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Stop. Literally every-time you post I can literally visual you frothing at the mouth. You can call it little man syndrome, but the only little man here is you. Anytime someone tells you the truth about how you (and for the most part, your whole regiment) are trash at NW, you throw out pages of rants clawing at whatever small achievements you managed to scrap together. I alone have probably accomplished more than your whole regiment, and that is pretty sad.

Please, you are gonna have to do better than that my boy.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
Please stop instigating here Marceaux. Please let us keep this thread open, it's a new record.
Personally, I think in Western countries coal should be gradually phased out or diminished in favor of Nuclear. Solar, wind and hydro are all way too inefficient at this technological stage, and why destroy the energy industry for unclear environmental reward? The question of nuclear waste removal remains but I think it's better to try to solve that than to A) lay off thousands of workers at power plants or B) dump money we don't have into wasted green energy schemes.
Besides, air and water quality in North America at least is cleaner than it's been in decades. Why panic?

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
Stop. Literally every-time you post I can literally visual you frothing at the mouth. You can call it little man syndrome, but the only little man here is you. Anytime someone tells you the truth about how you (and for the most part, your whole regiment) are trash at NW, you throw out pages of rants clawing at whatever small achievements you managed to scrap together. I alone have probably accomplished more than your whole regiment, and that is pretty sad.

Please, you are gonna have to do better than that my boy.

I am still better looking than you little man.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
Please take regimental fights off this thread, Marceaux and Apoc. Discuss politics or nothing at all.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
Hey! That's my CR!

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
Please take regimental fights off this thread, Marceaux and Apoc. Discuss politics or nothing at all.

Will do, sorry for the banter. :P