Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 519938 times)

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
  • Side: Confederacy
Than I won't too! Look how easy that was
Theodin yes let's just go against all scientific evidence.
Nice try tho

Blindly defending someone and ignoring facts. What's your IQ Theo?
Well, it's not blindly. And I dont see any facts that have been posted on this thread.

And his IQ is probably higher than yours. He did get CR afterall.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Climate change is a myth created by the Chinese in order to make America less competitive
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
  • Side: Neutral
Climate change is a myth created by the Chinese in order to make America less competitive
:/

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
Nice try tho

Well, it's not blindly. And I dont see any facts that have been posted on this thread.

CR means jack shit.

The overwhelming majority of scientists agree that global warming is real. So I don't see why we would need to post any evidence when it's clearly accepted science.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 10:52:29 pm by Furrnox »

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
  • Side: Union
Nice try tho

CR means jack shit.

People who deny global warming are science deniers.
I believe in climate change, but calling them science deniers is outright wrong and completely different from what your post used to say.
Global warming is natural, and the only thing that I've seen to be true is that with the oceans heating up it releases more carbon dioxide into the air, but other than that we're not doing that much. Almost everyone believes in science, and I'm sure Theodin does too, so before you just go out and generalize everyone, you should probably say something that doesn't make you look like an idiot. The equivilant to what you just said is "People who don't eat meat condemn food production."

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
Hey look, generalization and knee jerk reactions. I'm for sure going to explain when you lead off with those! Lol

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Nice try tho

CR means jack shit.

The overwhelming majority of scientists agree that global warming is real. So I don't see why we would need to post any evidence when it's clearly accepted science.
I believe in climate change, but calling them science deniers is outright wrong and completely different from what your post used to say.
Global warming is natural, and the only thing that I've seen to be true is that with the oceans heating up it releases more carbon dioxide into the air, but other than that we're not doing that much. Almost everyone believes in science, and I'm sure Theodin does too, so before you just go out and generalize everyone, you should probably say something that doesn't make you look like an idiot. The equivilant to what you just said is "People who don't eat meat condemn food production."

You can't say that you believe in science and then disagree with bits and pieces because it doesn't suit your agenda.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
Nice try tho

You are clearly joking. At least I hope so...

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
Have you decided upon a final edit, Furrnox?

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Congratulations Marceaux, you've rustled all 130 of my jimmies.

First of all, saying that the earth hasn't warmed in 14 years isn't me being an uninformed dingus - it's a paraphrase of the IPCC's 5th assesment report's findings on warming, which were confirmed by basically everyone in saying that the earth's average temperature has not gone up since late 1990's - here's a good article from The Economist explaining the hiatus: http://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21598610-slowdown-rising-temperatures-over-past-15-years-goes-being

Now, you talk about consensus. It's always thrown around that there's a huge consensus among the science community that global warming is anthropogenic and humans, mostly in the form of C02 emissions, are the cause. As Politifact says, it's a lot broader than that:
Spoiler
[close]
From the limited means we have to survey world temperature, we can say with relative confidence two things: that A) the earth is warming and B) human activity does cause warming. Climate skeptics do not disagree with this statement - why challenge basic data?

What climate skeptics challenge is the effect this will have on society, how accurately we can model climate changes, and whether treaties like Paris and Kyoto will be effective for the environment and for the economy. A perfect example of this is the Green Energy Act in Ontario, which crippled our energy infrastructure, drove away industry, made Ontarians at times pay triple the cost they used to pay to give subsidies to energy providers that only provide 2 percent of their total power, and put the province in immeasurable debt. Climate skeptics think we shouldn't bankrupt overselves on the altar of questionable climate models. Here's a good article that you should read on this topic:
if you say national review is a poor source without reading the article i'm banning you

But I'm just a stupid science denier.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
Until the U.S and China start cutting back on climate emissions then other countries really don't effect much. Its good to help give intensive towards more sustainable things that hurt the environment less, but its not worth crippling a country all together for it. No doubt nature plays a part in climate change, but I find it hard to believe that humans don't play the larger part in it.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
That global warming have stagnated is great but that doesn't mean we should go back to no regulations and pumping out as much CO2 & CH4 as we want as Trump suggests.
We should continue to look for renewable and envioromental friendly alternatives to prepare for the future.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
That global warming have stagnated is great but that doesn't mean we should go back to no regulations and pumping out as much CO2 & CH4 as we want as Trump suggests.
We should continue to look for renewable and envioromental friendly alternatives to prepare for the future.
Not what I said.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
I know what you said and I agree that the 97% argument have been missused.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
amazin