Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 524531 times)

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Dutch, German & French Elections Thread, or The General Political Thread
« Reply #585 on: April 26, 2017, 12:30:34 am »
Anyone who believes in the mighty protective power of MAD just hasn't watched enough "Yes Minister".

But seriously though, nuclear weapons are only a last resort, and as such are something we would only ever use if the USSR Russia were to nuke/invade us personally. What if they fly planes into our airspace? No nukes. What if they annex part of Ukraine? No nukes. What if they annex all of Eastern Europe? Still no nukes. What if they take over the entire planet except for nations with nuclear weapons? No thermonuclear annihilation.
And anyway it's not like they'll stop terrorist attacks or guerrilla style attacks a la Crimea. They're essentially only for use against other nuclear attacks, ergo, they're completely pointless.
Just scrap them (pretend we still have some if you must?). They're a huge waste of money.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:32:43 am by MrTiki »

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #586 on: April 26, 2017, 03:33:57 am »
What sucks is that the world population is growing at an extreme rate and we won't have the resources to support this many people. It's time for a good war honestly so we can remedy this problem /s

When you claim to be a rational thinker and say the solution to the worlds problems is a "good war".
when you don't even acknowledge the plebbit tier "/s"

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #587 on: April 26, 2017, 10:33:19 am »
Anyone who believes in the mighty protective power of MAD just hasn't watched enough "Yes Minister".

But seriously though, nuclear weapons are only a last resort, and as such are something we would only ever use if the USSR Russia were to nuke/invade us personally. What if they fly planes into our airspace? No nukes. What if they annex part of Ukraine? No nukes. What if they annex all of Eastern Europe? Still no nukes. What if they take over the entire planet except for nations with nuclear weapons? No thermonuclear annihilation.
And anyway it's not like they'll stop terrorist attacks or guerrilla style attacks a la Crimea. They're essentially only for use against other nuclear attacks, ergo, they're completely pointless.
Just scrap them (pretend we still have some if you must?). They're a huge waste of money.

If it wasn't for nuclear weapons there would have been a third world war between NATO and the Warsaw Pact. Anyway they're here to stay, more countries are getting them and you can't realistically expect Kim Jong-Un, Putin or the Iranians to give up theirs.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 27, 2017, 02:45:12 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/04/25/schumer-its-not-a-negotiation-no-wall/

Spoiler
[close]

J U S T
U
S
T

Trump's started to do some disastrous things ever since he started taking presidential counsel off of his daughter.

It's funny, a few weeks ago I was stumped as to why Ben Shapiro was flaming Ivanka's role in the White House so much on FB... he was right lol
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 02:54:00 am by GovernorRickPerry »

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #589 on: April 27, 2017, 12:18:56 pm »
What sucks is that the world population is growing at an extreme rate and we won't have the resources to support this many people. It's time for a good war honestly so we can remedy this problem /s

Nationalism and rational thinking don't really mix bud.  ;)
Oil (Islam) and Water (Secularism/Christians) cannot mix no matter how much you stir the mixture. You fools keep trying to coexist but how can you coexist with something that shares little to no common values and morals.

Humans are not bacteria that will continue to grow exponentially. We are not going to continue duplicating ourselfs and then suddenly burst into flames because we are producing to much heat. The population can only grow as much as there are resources to support the population. So yeah... If there are only enough resources to support 7 billion people, then there wont be 8 billion people because the 1 billion extra is just going to die off. Besides that, almost all countries are developing into industrialized countries (slower or faster, but they are) and as such the population is going to stabilize at some point. It is only a matter of time until the current trend in industrialized countries (Low birth rate) kicks over to currently non industrialized countries.

The current population growth is not going to continue forever, it is going to stop and the worlds population will stabilize at some point.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 12:31:08 pm by Olafson »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #590 on: April 27, 2017, 09:23:44 pm »
Yeah, reassuring foreign leaders that a multinational important trade deal isn't going to be arbitrarily blown up immediately is such an inconsistent move from his campaign goals. Lol.
The US dept of commerce recently informed the Canadian government that a duty would be applied on Canadian lumber exports ( I think), so I don't think he's thrown protectionism out of the window.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #591 on: April 27, 2017, 09:30:19 pm »
Yeah, reassuring foreign leaders that a multinational important trade deal isn't going to be arbitrarily blown up immediately is such an inconsistent move from his campaign goals. Lol.
The US dept of commerce recently informed the Canadian government that a duty would be applied on Canadian lumber exports ( I think), so I don't think he's thrown protectionism out of the window.
lol, like the U.S hasn't done enough to the lumber industry.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 27, 2017, 11:17:00 pm »
lol, like the U.S hasn't done enough to the lumber industry.
The only thing I was really worried about with Trump was his protectionism. Our economy has suffered enough

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 28, 2017, 05:11:20 am »
Leaving an agreement like NAFTA would require more than one executive order, and probably would have to go through congress, too. As the British people know, triggering Article 50 does not mean you've left, it means you intend to leave, and i'll bet my house the executive order was the same intention - notifying of intent and beginning the process. Or, maybe, just even beginning renegotiation.

Let's talk about that picture:

No wall: Erecting a border wall is not an easy process, but something he said he'd do and is doing is increasing CDP funding : https://gyazo.com/86ee1e11ba3e2302f0d2977087aed951 (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/photo-essays/2017-04-26/guns-drones-and-night-vision-where-trump-s-border-patrol-goes-shopping)

No lock her up: I'm glad no one actually took that seriously. I'm glad he's not doing that, only an Obama DOJ would target political adversaries for political gain, and as Sessions has said multiple times he's not down for that.

Muslim ban: The myth that it's a "Muslim" ban has already been debunked, but calling it shitty just seems desperate. Why is it shitty - the fact that the 9th circuit struck it down, or the fact that it's only 6 countries? Still, it'll face the supreme court soon enough.

Israel is our greatest ally: Well, no, the UK or Canada is, and it's been a long standing tradition of the US to support Israel, but if you're specifically talking about greatest ally in the Middle East, wouldn't most Trump supporters rather see the Israelis over the Saudis in US foreign policy?

No mass deportations: Glad to see you're always high, or just not in touch with anyone in the US south - deportations on masse have for sure been occuring :
http://www.businessinsider.com/mexico-preparations-for-mass-deportations-by-donald-trump-2017-2

Obamacare 2.0: Well, even though it failed, it clearly differed from Obamacare on a lot of important concepts: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/03/06/us/politics/republican-obamacare-replacement.html?_r=1

Cabinet full of billionares and globalists: Billionares for sure, but as much as I can recall the only quasi-globalists on the team are Ivanka and Jared, and they only have advisory roles in cabinet, so.. Also important to note that there isn't anything wrong with billionares as cabinet members, is there? Many like Tillerson have overseas connections and contacts that others simply don't have.

Most hated president: Giving him this title like 110 days in? Give me a fucking break lol, that's grasping at straws. If his numbers rest at the dislike levels they sit at now at the end of term i'll eat my hat.

No reversal of the demographic shift: Like this would ever happen overnight. This point is insane - how can you possibly expect to change one of the foundations of society in less than half a year? Are you high?

Honestly, this just seems like you didn't go in depth on many of these issues.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 28, 2017, 05:22:16 am »
Might want to extend your sources to be broader than WSJ, NYT and /pol/ bait

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #595 on: April 28, 2017, 06:08:45 am »
Someone want to write my political science final exam for me?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 28, 2017, 07:30:50 am »
Might want to extend your sources to be broader than WSJ, NYT and /pol/ bait
Yes
Someone want to write my political science final exam for me?
I gotchu. Got 40.5/50 on my political theory exam

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #597 on: April 28, 2017, 06:06:05 pm »
NAFTA is a waste, we don't need Canada or Mexico cuz we are America  8)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 28, 2017, 09:02:58 pm »
no plz

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #599 on: April 28, 2017, 09:28:23 pm »
Yea the U.S has never needed Canada or Mexico.
Spoiler
[close]