Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 519975 times)

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Dutch, German & French Elections Thread, or The General Political Thread
« Reply #420 on: March 21, 2017, 11:56:44 am »
AfD has about the same chance of success as An-Communism, Fraud.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #421 on: March 21, 2017, 12:00:57 pm »
So we're probably getting a coalition of three pro-European parties and one Christian-Democrat centrist. Le Pen is trailing in every poll. Germany is between CDU and the more pro-European SPD.

Where's that 'patrioting spring' at, boys?

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 21, 2017, 12:29:57 pm »
If only the moral high ground was enough to save the union from its impending demise. If only...

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 21, 2017, 02:40:56 pm »
So we're probably getting a coalition of three pro-European parties and one Christian-Democrat centrist. Le Pen is trailing in every poll. Germany is between CDU and the more pro-European SPD.

Where's that 'patrioting spring' at, boys?

All the eurosceptics need is one or two key victories and the EU project unravels. Brexit was the first phase, the second will be a major economy leaving the Eurozone and the most likely candidate is Italy. Once you can prove that European integration is reversible without the sky falling in then you're halfway there.

I think you're showing your hubris again Duuring. Wilders progressed to 2nd place, despite running a crap campaign, in an election where the Dutch PM had to prostitute himself to the anti-migration crowd and adopt their rhetoric. It was a victory, but hardly a moral one.

The worst outcome of 2017 for the European Union would be for Merkel to be defeated by Schultz. The EU needs a pragmatist rather than a zealot, and I should think the very election of Chancellor Schultz will drive Eastern Europe even further away. I don't think many people seriously believed 2017 would deliver PM Wilders or President Le Pen, but it will show them making big gains. The EU has never looked weaker and I should think all it would take would be another economic or political crisis to drive it over the cliff edge.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #424 on: March 21, 2017, 03:08:58 pm »
It was painfully obvious from the get-go that Wilders would basically suffer a defeat if he didn't get anything BUT being the largest party. Now that Rutte can actually form a coalition, Wilders has become as isolated as he can be. Sure he got 19 seats, but he's still as poltically irrelevant as ever, as literally no party you can take seriously politically speaking will be working together with him.

Oh and the senate is not an issue for Rutte as well, at least less than the last two years.
Wilders will be poltically dead until the next election.

Or as soon as ISIS hits Amsterdam.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #425 on: March 21, 2017, 03:45:21 pm »
I wonder what happens to easyjet and all the other british low cost airlines, once Brexit kicks in.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #426 on: March 21, 2017, 04:14:48 pm »
It was painfully obvious from the get-go that Wilders would basically suffer a defeat if he didn't get anything BUT being the largest party. Now that Rutte can actually form a coalition, Wilders has become as isolated as he can be. Sure he got 19 seats, but he's still as poltically irrelevant as ever, as literally no party you can take seriously politically speaking will be working together with him.

Oh and the senate is not an issue for Rutte as well, at least less than the last two years.

Well it did force Rutte's party to partially adopt right-leaning ideas. It isn't the stance that Wilders has but he did leave a slight impact on the overall politics of the United Provinces. However, I don't know if they'll actually follow through.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 21, 2017, 05:09:26 pm »

Well it did force Rutte's party to partially adopt right-leaning ideas. It isn't the stance that Wilders has but he did leave a slight impact on the overall politics of the United Provinces. However, I don't know if they'll actually follow through.

Rutte will have to if he wants to keep what little credibility he has... He never specified what measures he wants to take so he might just ignore it completely, which is not unlike him, at all.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 21, 2017, 05:24:46 pm »
I wonder what happens to easyjet and all the other british low cost airlines, once Brexit kicks in.

They'll have to fly a little higher because we're going to build a massive f*cking wall in the middle of the English Channel and Luxembourg's going to pay for it.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 21, 2017, 08:37:54 pm »
We're a proportional consensus multi-party democracy. We don't do radical chances.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 21, 2017, 08:51:53 pm »
Gotta love Thierry Baudet:

"Now suddenly they [established parties] realise we are a relevant factor (...)"

Lol sit down, honey, two seats makes you about as an arts degree.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #431 on: March 21, 2017, 10:08:13 pm »

They'll have to fly a little higher because we're going to build a massive f*cking wall in the middle of the English Channel and Luxembourg's going to pay for it.

Haha...

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 22, 2017, 12:48:35 pm »
I thought you lived in North America?

Hm? I'm a fellow BritBro

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant