Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 520194 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Dutch, German & French Elections Thread, or The General Political Thread
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2017, 12:39:44 pm »
Although letting the 9th Circuit Court decide - a liberal court governing a massive liberal majority - should CERTAINLY not decide either.

But they should. That's their legal right, apparantly. The US system of political judges is pretty bad regardless.

However, no part of the law even politely asks a judge for his opinion on the matter. It leaves the decision up to the PRESIDENT.

He doesn't have too. If someone appeals, even if it's a 18-year-old bicycle repairman from up-state New York, the courts can judge the law. Allowing judges only to review a law if asked for by the initiator of the law (or rather, executive order in this example) is doing away completely with checks and balances.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2017, 01:20:09 pm »
Don't think Judges really care about checks and balances. They are not elected, and apparently they can do whatever the hell with the law they want to if someone challenges it at all.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2017, 01:21:56 pm »
The fact the office of President, the head of the executive branch, can appoint members of the supreme court, members of the judiciary branch, already shows that Checks and Balances in the US is a damn joke.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2017, 02:02:35 pm »
..what? That's a pretty retarded thing to say. Because one branch appoints (but has no power over) another branch that shows that the "checks and balances in the US is a joke"?
Just stop talking idiocy.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2017, 02:45:30 pm »
Since "Merkled opened the doors" (Which she did not btw... The law was already there,) nothing has changed for me... I have not seen any difference. Most people still talk German, the infrastructure has not collapsed, public schools still function, the military and police still have a budget, the courts still function, there have been no real terrorist attacks (Unless you count 2 random dudes with a machete and a dude with a truck as major terrorist attack...), there are not 1000000 million of refugees roaming the streets, women can still go out at night without getting robbed, stabbed or raped...

Edit:
In response to riddlez:

Yeah, I was thinking the same. There are like a billion gun murders every day in the US. There are huge gang wars and entire city blocks owned by gangs. There are city blocks that a non-gang member should not visit and the US has a huge drug problem and has way to much debt to be believable. (Sure I am exaggerating, it is not like that everywhere, but still, you know it is at least partly true) Yet the US people think that refugees are killing Europe, where practically none of the shit noted above is happening.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1_rNT3k2ZXB-f9z-2nSFMIBQKXCs&hl=en_US&ll=51.36119443931468%2C6.969721633496192&z=6

Just because nothing has changed for you doesnt mean there arent problems.

Go to the social workers, the teachers in schools that are placed inside of ghettos, talk with them. A Female Friend of mine was just recently harassed by refugess. There are issues. Lots of them. And people like you are the reason why we cant talk about them in a way that is able to prevent them.

CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2017, 02:50:09 pm »
Yet the US people think that refugees are killing Europe, where practically none of the shit noted above is happening.

They're certainly killing the tourism industry, especially in places like France and Turkey. And again in France they are quite literally roaming the streets and making a mess.

As for killing the continent, nah, they're just speeding things up. The EU is a ticking time bomb, a disaster waiting to destroy eventually destroy Europe (or at least the prominent member states). It's led by the Germans too, go figure.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1_rNT3k2ZXB-f9z-2nSFMIBQKXCs&hl=en_US&ll=51.36119443931468%2C6.969721633496192&z=6

L  O   L

Jokes aside, thank fuck we're burning the bridge.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:56:15 pm by GovernorRickPerry »

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2017, 03:00:18 pm »
Yet the US people think that refugees are killing Europe, where practically none of the shit noted above is happening.

They're certainly killing the tourism industry, especially in places like France and Turkey. And again in France they are quite literally roaming the streets and making a mess.

What ? I suppose after all Fox News knows better about my country than myself

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2017, 03:30:48 pm »
Carabino, whenever you post here it's always some rhetoric about Fox News that has little to no relevance to the current discussion. Grow the fuck up

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2017, 03:33:07 pm »

shut up and give money whitey

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2017, 03:39:02 pm »
Carabino, whenever you post here it's always some rhetoric about Fox News that has little to no relevance to the current discussion. Grow the fuck up

That's funny. I mention it because all I see here about France is some no-go zones alarmist shit. Didn't need a forum achievement to grow up don't worry.

shut up and give money whitey

Spoiler
[close]

Yeah this video was taken after a police evacuation of a illegal camp. Sure it's a mess. All this because of the Touquet agreement putting UK-France border in France for all the illegal immigrants who wants to go to the UK. I hope with your departure from the EU we will be free from all this shit and let them freely take a boat to the UK ;)

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2017, 03:42:21 pm »
I've been to France several times since 2015 and they were roaming the streets and roads of Calais in large numbers on each occasion, screaming at cars and trying to jump on lorries etc. I also saw make-shift camps in Central Paris with tents, litter everywhere, men hanging around in groups and so on. I didn't see any women, maybe a child or two but >95% were grown men. Never been to Germany, however a German friend of mine (a lawyer who I studied with in the UK and now works for regional government) told me last year the refugee system was close to collapse-they're still dealing with a massive backlog of cases and the average wait for a migrant to be seen to have their claim assessed was over a month.

Now of course Olafson claims everything is fine, though if that's the case then why was Merkel so keen to do that deal with Erdogan to close the borders?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2017, 03:52:56 pm »
The fact the office of President, the head of the executive branch, can appoint members of the supreme court, members of the judiciary branch, already shows that Checks and Balances in the US is a damn joke.

It's the very definition of a check-and-balance. One power (The president) nominates another power (the judiciary) and that appointment is refused or accepted by the third power (Congress). The judiciary then reviews decisions made by the other two powers independent from them.

PVV lost like 5 seats in the polls. Oh boy.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2017, 04:20:32 pm »

Yes, enjoy your comedy as Europe destroys itself with dindu nuffin arabs protected by the left and the MSM  but yes, lecture us on how we are sheep for wanting to control who comes into our country and actually trying to address the problem that is Radical Islamic Terrorism and its implications

funny you bring that up. Somehow terrorism gets all the attention nowadays. Stll it's no more or less a factual problem than it was 10 years ago - when immigration wasn't an item, an defense budget cuts were massively happening throughout Europe.

The anti-terrorism campaign and the 'radical islam problem' is no more than fearmongering. Terrorism ahsn't ever, is currently not and probably won't ever be an actual threat to the stability of Western countries. I'll start worrying when something like that kills more people than traffic accidents.

Spoiler
Oh wait. Guns do in the US. Makes one think, doesn't it?
[close]
This may be one of the most cucked things I've ever seen. I legitimately feel bad for you and hope that you continue to live in peaceful blissful ignorance for the rest of your life. I sincerely hope that this was a bait for the sake of all Europe
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2017, 04:27:57 pm »
Terrorism is on a all-time-low in Europe, though. Political terrorism was more active and and more deadly in the seventies and eighties. Can immigration or radical islam lead to problems that we must overcome? Yeah, sure. But it isn't going to destroy the system. It's just going to cost some money.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2017, 04:29:06 pm »
Money that simply isn't there.