Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 400361 times)

Offline Goomba_

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5925 on: November 18, 2021, 09:40:36 am »
This is actually a video I wouldn't expect NYT to make.
It's a fucking op-ed news sites publish dozens of them every day. It's honestly so depressing to read this forum post along with the comments of that video and see all the people who have obviously never read a single article past the headline. Despite what conservative outlets would have you believe the "left-wing" media isn't one giant circle jerk that is too afraid to criticize it's own base.

As for the video itself, I found it to be pretty boring. Yeah, the major cities on the west coast are overcrowded poorly zoned/designed shitholes that nobody wants to move from because property values continue to rise and the weather is nice. It's baby's liberal criticism that conservatives will always eat up. The framing of the video is terrible too, everyone seems to forget that we live in a democracy and that just because a certain party is currently in power in a certain area doesn't mean they can just push through legislation on a whim, they are still beholden to their constituents who will not always vote in predictably left-wing or right-wing ways. You can try to paint it as hypocrisy all you want in the broader picture but it turns out to be a little more complicated than that when you actually dig into the details.
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Colonel
  • [3rdKA]Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jedis, Peritz, RaptorBoat and Weast
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5926 on: November 18, 2021, 03:33:19 pm »
You act like I give a shit about politics. I was just posting it because I wasn’t expecting NYT to make something like this. Tbh I never see either side criticize their own side very often when I do watch the news (which is rare). The media does lie quite a bit so you never know what’s true from either side. :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 03:43:20 pm by ~NickCole~ »
3xNANWL, 2x EUNWL, NAPL & NWGL Champion

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #5927 on: November 18, 2021, 05:58:46 pm »
If it’s so depressing delete your account

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: November 18, 2021, 09:32:40 pm »
It's a fucking op-ed news sites publish dozens of them every day. It's honestly so depressing to read this forum post along with the comments of that video and see all the people who have obviously never read a single article past the headline. Despite what conservative outlets would have you believe the "left-wing" media isn't one giant circle jerk that is too afraid to criticize it's own base.

As for the video itself, I found it to be pretty boring. Yeah, the major cities on the west coast are overcrowded poorly zoned/designed shitholes that nobody wants to move from because property values continue to rise and the weather is nice. It's baby's liberal criticism that conservatives will always eat up. The framing of the video is terrible too, everyone seems to forget that we live in a democracy and that just because a certain party is currently in power in a certain area doesn't mean they can just push through legislation on a whim, they are still beholden to their constituents who will not always vote in predictably left-wing or right-wing ways. You can try to paint it as hypocrisy all you want in the broader picture but it turns out to be a little more complicated than that when you actually dig into the details.
ratio

Offline MikeyBruh

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
« Reply #5929 on: November 18, 2021, 09:33:55 pm »
ratio

Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo

Offline Goomba_

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: November 19, 2021, 12:14:41 am »
You act like I give a shit about politics. I was just posting it because I wasn’t expecting NYT to make something like this. Tbh I never see either side criticize their own side very often when I do watch the news (which is rare). The media does lie quite a bit so you never know what’s true from either side. :)
If you come into the politics thread and post about it you're kind of giving the impression that you at least somewhat care about it and are opening yourself up for people to respond to it as I did.

If it’s so depressing delete your account
That would be no fun tho :(

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #5931 on: November 19, 2021, 05:42:55 pm »
Goomba is gonna be a politician one day and that scares me
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Colonel
  • [3rdKA]Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jedis, Peritz, RaptorBoat and Weast
« Reply #5932 on: November 19, 2021, 09:13:52 pm »
I'm glad the jury got it right and said not guilty to all charges in the Kyle Rittenhouse case.
3xNANWL, 2x EUNWL, NAPL & NWGL Champion

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• STD King of the North
  • Global Moderator
  • Covid Positive, KD negative
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
  • Nick: Most beloved in all of NW
« Reply #5933 on: November 19, 2021, 09:15:59 pm »
I'm sad the jury got it wrong and said not guilty to all charges in the Kyle Rittenhouse case.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #5934 on: November 19, 2021, 11:43:09 pm »
I'm glad the jury got it right and said not guilty to all charges in the Kyle Rittenhouse case.

So happy for him, justice has been served  ;D

I'm sad the jury got it wrong and said not guilty to all charges in the Kyle Rittenhouse case.

Racist  ;D
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Goomba_

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: November 20, 2021, 04:40:06 am »

Racist  ;D

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: November 20, 2021, 04:45:29 am »

Racist  ;D

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #5937 on: November 20, 2021, 04:49:35 am »
Is that you
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45e_Lt_Hawkince
« Reply #5938 on: November 20, 2021, 05:32:05 am »

Offline MikeyBruh

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member