Author Topic: North American NW News!  (Read 138895 times)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
North American NW News!
« on: September 16, 2016, 10:40:06 am »
North American NW News!

Update: 10/31/2016 - A New Era?

TNWL Final

71st 5 - 5 58e (Full time)

71st 7 - 7 58e (Overtime)

71st 9 - 8 58e (Double OT)

Probably one of the closest matches in NW history, it was an even match right up to the finish. The score after 10 rounds was an even 5-5, with the BO4 overtime ending at 2-2, leading to double OT for the first time in NW history. During the 17th round in double OT, score 8-8, the melee was dead even. A 13 vs. 13 melee led to a 3 vs. 3 between AP0C, Lawbringer, and Wencosa vs. Tammo, Papajohns, and Boob. After a brief stare down, a push into the middle from Wencosa went wrong, ending up in a swift death at the hands of Tammo, leading to the collapse of the other two 58e players. Thus, the 71st were crowned TNWL champs..
[close]

Maple's Weekly 1v1

Well, here is where I would put the bracket for that tournament, except Maple deleted it like the scrub he is.

Basically, the prophet Cade won, bow before his might. Think Raf got 2nd.

Maple got rekt by Nickcole 5-4

[close]

Theodin's 3v3

1st: P A S S I O N (Ap0c, Maple, Alex)

2nd: thREE (PJ, Vortex, Swerp)

3rd: Les Deplorables (Saltyy, Russianfury, Achilles)

http://challonge.com/theos3v3

The 3v3 tournament started off rough for the would-be 1st and 2nd place teams. P A S S I O N got demolished and sent to the loser's bracket early 1-5 to Les Deplorables, and thREE BARELY scraped by A few native plebs 5-4. After that, both teams kicked it into gear and notched blowout wins against all other teams until the finals, where thREE was defeated 2-7 at the hands of P A S S I O N.

Also, Maple went 0-5 first round vs. Deplorables. Just thought I should note this because Maple is bad and deleted the 1v1 bracket.
[close]

Upcoming Tournaments

Godfreid's NA All-Star Competition (Looking for more signups) https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=33611.0 https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=33953.0

Maccle's 2v2 Tournament (TBA) https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=33958.0

Orcaryo's Weekly 1v1 (Sundays, 9 EST)

Babyjesus' NA Premier League (TBA) https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=33777.0

[close]

In-Form Players

1. Cade ↑ (Prev #9)

2. Russianfury ↑ (Prev #6)

3. AsianP ↑ (Prev #5)

4. Godfreid ↓ (Prev #3)

5. Pinoy ↓(Prev #2)

6. PJ ↓ (Prev #4)

7. Maple ↓ (Prev #1)

8. Tammo →

9. Rafael ↑ (Prev Unranked)

10. AP0C ↑ (Prev Unranked)

Just a note, this list is based on recent performance.

Cade has been performing well in tournaments lately, netting a win in a 1v1 and a runner up in a 2v2 tournament. Probably the best form he has ever been in.

Russianfury has also been performing well recently, at the 3v3, 2v2 along with Cade, and most recently TNWL final. Deserving of a #2 spot in form, imo.

AsianP has also been performing well, dropping massive amounts of frags at the TNWL final (when he made into melee) and at the groupfight vs. the 32e. Easily one of the most deadly players out there right now.

Godfreid I dropped a spot, not so much due to bad performance, but due to lack of performance for the most part, compared to the people above him. Same for Pinoy

Maple has been severely under performing lately, and is no longer worthy of the #1 spot. Still, quite a lethal player and not entirely out of form so he can stay at #7.

PJ is a good performer, but I feel like other players are in better form right now, so he gets #6.

As for Raf and AP0C, I would say good all around performance has warranted a promotion into the top 10 for now.
[close]

Top Regiments

1 - ♣1er Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne♣ (AsianP)

2. 32e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne "L'invincible" (Super)

3. 30th (Cambridgeshire) Regiment of Foot "The Triple X's" 2.0 (PurplePanda)

4. 78th Rosshire 'Buffs' Highlanders (Nappy Surena)

5. 63ème Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne (Karth)

6. American Expeditionary Force (Anthony)

7. U.S. Marine Corps (Our lord, Glenn)

8. 23rd Regiment of Foot "Royal Welsh Fusiliers" (Dodge)

Now here is where the mayhem begins. The 58e and 71st disbanded after the TNWL, along with the 75th most likely just going MIA so

Also won't do the whole (Prev #) thing because I basically had to scrap the whole last list.
[close]

Major Transfers

Fucking EverybodyFree

All 58e members →  Free

All 71st membersFree

Bill32e

Theodin, Pinoy, Marksman, Ogrelord30th

AP0C1er
[close]

Notable Groupfights/Linebattles

71st 9 - 8 58e

32e 15 - 9 1er

[close]

Community Representative Election

So I decided to ask our representative hopefuls two questions:

1. What problems do you see in the community?

2. What do you plan to do as CR?

Here are their responses:

Gluk

I see a dying community that needs revival. I see people who argue and bicker instead of actually trying to do anything about it.

As CR, everything I would do would be to revive the NA community. The most important thing on that is to bring back NA1. In addition, we need more regiments which can hopefully be done by bringing back NA1. We need more events so people have a reason to stay in the community. Events are the lifeblood of the community, and the more we have, the better.
[close]

Aurum

There are multiple problems within the community that mainly stem from a single problem - the fact that the overall playercount of the community has been dwindling rapidly. You may ask yourself, well how can 1 single problem such as this cause so many other problems for the community as a whole? Well, with a lack of fresh and committed members variety and quality as a whole dwindles. The lack of Tournaments, Players signing up and Regiments signing up proves this. A simple tournament can struggle to even start nowadays, and if it does interest starts to die off. If there is not enough committed players to sustain for the casual players, than the whole community itself will eventually crumble. Not only that, but in my opinion a good bit of the drama between regiments stems from the fact that there is virtually no variance and new people to play agaisnt. Rivalries are able to thrive and manifest themself into bigger, more toxic arguments and eventually spread to more and more regiments which is why we need more people. Fresh people to play agaisnt, to learn with and to experience fun times with. I genuinely believe, that this is the most dire problem the community has to face today.

I plan on doing something along the lines of what Gluk wants to do and that is deal with the playercount of the game and try to revitalize interest in it and events. I have been offered the opportunity to host events on NA_Assault and with that opportunity I plan on: Hosting Regiment drives (Getting some small regiments to come on and recruit), Potentially getting large, Historical-game and M&B youtubers to play and record videos on the server in order to show the game in a new light and get some interested sparked anew. On top of this I also plan to do an Individual tournament based off of my first tournament that finished not too long ago. Lastly, I plan on continuing the work of Ap0c and others with keeping the forums clean and relations between players and regiments clean and peaceful. This is a general overview of what I plan on doing.
[close]

Orcaryo

Right now I feel the game is too focused on the competitive portion, causing the normal line battle to be forgotten and ignored. I plan to promote casual line battles, while still helping the competitive side of NW grow. I will do this by moving the date of the NA1 line battle to a date that suits regiments, such as Sunday. I also plan to begin hosting monthly tournaments, rotating each month between duel tournaments, group fighting tournaments, and regimental group fighting tournaments. I will also try to introduce a new tournament called “Regimental 3v3.” The name can be altered to fit the amount of regiments; 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, etc. Basically what this will be is like a normal line battle scenario, lines of about 15-20 players are sorted into teams of 3/4/5 and battle it out in the old school line battle style. This will promote cooperation between regiments, while being able to avoid the lag in traditional line battle events. The ideal population of each team in this event will be 45-60, never exceeding 70 per team. General NANWL rules will still apply. Teams will be formed before the tournament by regiment leaders. You could almost think of this as another group fighting tournament, except on a much larger scale, and with firing allowed, if that makes sense(even though it probably doesn’t). On a side note I also plan to help rebuild the pub regiment will the help of a few NA1 admins, who I would like to have attend not only the NA1 event, but various events throughout the week.

I plan to try to create a set of trusted moderators for NANWL, in order to avoid having a stacked group of moderators(not referees) from one regiment. Having a small break period of 2-4 weeks between seasons is fine, but having almost 6 months pass without another season starting is unacceptable and unfair to the North American community. I already have certain moderators in mind and you can feel free to ask me who they are through steam. In terms of TNWL, I would like to help, but that is entirely up to Jorge as he is the event organizer and he is the one supplying the money for the tournament.

Recently certain lists have come up ranking players/regiments. I am for these lists, but would like to see them run by more than one person. Don’t get me wrong, I feel AP0C/Godfried have done a very good job of maintaining these lists, and in an unbiased manner as well. I just would like to have more than one person’s opinion on them. Therefore, I plan to create an unofficial ranking list, formulated by multiple veterans of the community. Additionally, I plan to allow the #1 spot in each list to be chosen by the community, through polling. Again, I already have certain players in mind to help me with this and I would be happy to let you know who they are through steam.

[close]

Godfreid

A1a) Firstly, the biggest problem I see is that the competitive community is lacking fresh competition. I don't believe that it's regiments lack of desire to be competitive so much as ignorance to the community.
1b)I believe we don't have enough fun pub servers. Servers where both competitive and casual players can play together.
1c)I believe the community needs more competition both for regiments and individuals.

A2a) Now I believe Gluk has somewhat the right idea with his 'Bring back NA1' but I disagree with actually bringing back NA1 (I hated that server, singlehandedly killed my desire to pub). What I'd like to do instead is work with members of the community to open up multiple pub servers, 1 on battle like NA1, but improving on things that I viewed as annoyances from NA1 (like combat speed being on medium), another on TDM, DM, Siege, Naval Battle. I will, of course, commit my own server to this.
The purpose of these servers are of course to promote competitive players to mix with pub players etc, and to advertise the larger community to smaller regiments/pub players.
Recruitment on these servers would be open to any regiment that allows recruitment on their own servers.
2b)I'd like to bring back PUGs
2c) I'd like to host some competitions that can include both non-competitive and competitive players/regiments, starting hopefully with bringing back your coaching competition.
2d)I'd like to host a bi-weekly tournament targetted towards both comp and non-comp players, this will be explained better when I set it up.

[close]

[close]
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 10:25:53 pm by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
Re: North American NW News!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 10:43:17 am »
If ya wanna be a "Reporter" for me or got any stories or information to throw my way, add me on steam and let me know!

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 02:28:12 pm »
I'd put Russian in the top 10, every lb/group fight he's on top.
I'd also get rid of the top 10.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Salt

• Major
  • We really out here
    • View Profile
  • Nick: bless
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 02:32:57 pm »
Lol'd
I'm the reincarnated Who- with no talent.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 02:55:30 pm »
If ya wanna be a "Reporter" for me or got any stories or information to throw my way, add me on steam and let me know!
I gotchu

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 04:24:02 pm »
Get min outta the top 10. Kid is trash

And I agree with theodin. Russian is the Donald Trump of NW
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 04:44:59 pm »
I like this thread, subbed.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 04:48:01 pm »

Nah, I like the top 10's, it's a fun idea.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 05:00:11 pm »

So was the list, and the NACL thread, but look how those turned out.
I like the news portion, but isin't this going to turn into another shit show because of the current top 10?

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline maccle

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ihaveaslightlybelowadveragepenis
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 05:02:18 pm »
Good idea, you should probably take coconut and Tammo out of the top 10 though. Tammo only walks now when he plays nw which is rare and coconut has quit the game entirely and only plays nord invasion. It's been like that for at least a month.

Edit: I didn't even notice who there until now but I think that's just a meme so good meme XD
As for the major transfers emo celestia, red viper and dukers have all joined 32e making them a lot stronger in melee.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 05:12:34 pm by maccle »
huh

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 05:04:07 pm »
Hi Who-

Offline Ryner

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 05:07:43 pm »
Don't mind me, just subbing

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 05:54:30 pm »
The famous BabyJesus retired from NW. He was the best to ever play the game. He had more tournament wins than BilltheButcher

O what's that? No one cares. O ok
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2016, 05:57:03 pm »

So was the list, and the NACL thread, but look how those turned out.
I like the news portion, but isin't this going to turn into another shit show because of the current top 10?

I mean, I can understand why you think that, but I don't see it that way. The NaCl lists became toxic because of some absolutely stupid and easily avoidable mistakes during updates to the lists (sometimes I think were intentional), which didn't sit well with players on or off the lists, and was made worse as the list kind of imposed itself as a definitive source as to who is the best, and was partially treated as such by the community.

With Apoc's top 10 lists I don't view it as an attempt to be a definitive source as to who is the best, but merely a nod to the players Apoc thinks are on top of their game, and I think as long it doesn't become anything more than that, it shouldn't be a problem.

Offline AsianP

• Major
  • Retired
    • View Profile
  • Nick: AsianP
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2016, 06:02:58 pm »
tmw godfreid isnt on the top 10

Spoiler
Get rekt fgt
[close]
1st Place Vetro's Old Fashion 2v2 (Team Bird: AsianP, Armada), 1st Place Dan's Ultimate Dueling Tournament VIII, 1st Place 5v5 Groupfighting Tournament (TeamGG), 1st Place 8v8 Groupfighting Tournament (Tier 1), 2nd Place 2v2 Tournament (Old School), 3rd Place 1v1 Duel Tournament, 1st Place Undefeated NANWL S5 (NA 91st), 1st Place Undefeated NANWL S6 (3eVolt), 2nd Place TNWL S2 Pro League (58eme), 2nd Place NAPL S2 (3eVolt),  1st Place NA Regimental Groupfighting League(3eVolt), 1st Place Napoleonic War's Golden League (42nd), 2nd Place OG Mudbone 1v1 Duel Tournament