Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 77235 times)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #765 on: September 07, 2021, 05:46:51 pm »
Yo, I am looking for a new headset. And preferably wired. Which has phenomenal audio quality aswell as very comfortable ear cups. I don't mind the price. I had a few wireless headsets now like the A50 from Astro, but they always give up on me for some reason. Does anyone know some good ones? I'm kind of an audiophile person because I listen to a lot of music as well. I do understand that wired headsets might not give audio quality as good as wireless give in some cases but, I am sure there are some good ones out there.

You have it backwards, wired headsets usually give the best audio quality.

If you are looking for something budget friendly and you need a gaming headset with a mic. I would highly recommend the SteelSeries Arctis 5 headset. Excellent mic and really good audio with many nice features. You can often get them on sale as well.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #766 on: September 07, 2021, 05:52:51 pm »
if you're looking for the best sound I think you can't go wrong with anything from audio technica, bose or beyerdynamic, but you'd need a standalone mic obviously

other than that I've been using logitech g pro x headset and both sound and mic are superb for a gaming headset
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #767 on: September 07, 2021, 06:59:15 pm »
if you're looking for the best sound I think you can't go wrong with anything from audio technica, bose or beyerdynamic, but you'd need a standalone mic obviously

other than that I've been using logitech g pro x headset and both sound and mic are superb for a gaming headset
Audio-Technica actually started doing headsets a while back and from what I hear they are really good actually.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Technica-ATH-AG1X-High-Fidelity-Closed-Back-Headset/dp/B01AYZZUDC/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=audio+technica+headset&qid=1631033899&sr=8-5

There are some cheaper options but in the UK they are like only £10 cheaper so its like well why not get the better ones for that difference.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #768 on: September 07, 2021, 07:03:07 pm »
What’s the best build I could get for like $1200-1500. Would I be able to get a 30 series card and still be chillin with the rest of the setup
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 07, 2021, 07:40:03 pm »
What’s the best build I could get for like $1200-1500. Would I be able to get a 30 series card and still be chillin with the rest of the setup
Not a 30 series card these days, not unless you want to be on a waiting list for many months.

Not sure about what you can get in the US, but for about £1200 GBP recently I built this for my nephew:

2080ti (second hand we can get deals for like 400-500
R9 5900x (new) £420 (on sale new) - Stock cooler initially, now they put a aio in it
1000w corsair psu £150
16GB Corsair RAM £100
Case I already had, worth about 90
Some drives I had laying around, probably worth like 200. Couple SSD's for boot and games + a HDD
MSI WiFi Motherboard around £180

Would be a bit over your budget but its for editing and gaming, you should drop down to a 5700x but even then a 3700x would work basically the same and would save you loads.

If you need help, I helped Wastee build a pc which he hasn't had an issue with from when I last spoke to him, drop me a message I don't mind.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #770 on: September 11, 2021, 08:38:54 pm »
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/m3n4xc

That's the basics for $870, minus a graphics card (buy used) and a case which is personal preference for the most part.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #771 on: September 11, 2021, 08:55:47 pm »
Its really sad rn tbh, you could build a great PC for under $1k in 2019. Now you're just completely fucked.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #772 on: September 21, 2021, 12:50:14 am »
anyone selling their 2080/ti?
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
  • Nick: Cat Girl Trainer
« Reply #773 on: September 21, 2021, 11:47:50 am »
Fietta puts his Gaming PC Build in his Steam Profile, go check it out

Offline Melsyo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The KILLER ANDD KID FISTO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpt_Melsyo, 15th_YR_Lt
« Reply #774 on: October 02, 2021, 03:56:27 pm »
Fietta puts his Gaming PC Build in his Steam Profile, go check it out
yeah you could be the first person to care!
Wtf wht did you said... I have leave the serveur maybe because I must eat  ? chut up man

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #775 on: October 03, 2021, 11:08:30 pm »
I still have 64 GB of 3600 Ram for sale

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 04, 2021, 12:58:21 am »
"Clean title, never rendered. I know what I have"
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 04, 2021, 02:13:27 am »
and my other pc is happy with the other 64!

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #778 on: October 04, 2021, 05:41:23 am »

Audio-Technica actually started doing headsets a while back and from what I hear they are really good actually.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Technica-ATH-AG1X-High-Fidelity-Closed-Back-Headset/dp/B01AYZZUDC/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=audio+technica+headset&qid=1631033899&sr=8-5

There are some cheaper options but in the UK they are like only £10 cheaper so its like well why not get the better ones for that difference.
I mean if you really wanted to go all the way, some of AT's broadcast headsets are like $150-200 and they sound pretty good. I know a lot of events have used them because they are pretty cheap. Personally I have the BPHS1 which I got for like 150 on ebay and it's good though I do just use a standalone mic and headphones most of the time.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 05:43:46 am by Dan the Seagull Chef »
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 18, 2021, 09:25:44 pm »
Just pre ordered the 512GB Steam Deck - It looks like exactly what I want from a laptop. Can open any application I might need to use yet also play games in a handheld form factor.

Will be using this to replace my travel laptop which is the Dell Workstation 3530 which is a chonker. Only thing is we don't know much about the OS