Author Topic: United Kingdom  (Read 7511 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
United Kingdom
« on: April 17, 2015, 11:06:49 pm »
Having lived in the UK and seen all the detective shows, why does the UK look like a fucking horrible place to grow up in? Is there any hope? Do I just not know anything? I'm not hating on the UK, personally I enjoyed my time there, but it just felt horrible there. Any English people here to talk about it?

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: United Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 11:09:32 pm »
An English friend of mine said that British people have really poor mental health. Considering he has a suicidal gf, I really don't know whether it's true or not. But the weather and the cold, down south, during the winter, made me miserable.

Spoiler
P.S. I hope those detective shows weren't depicting the Victorian era with the slums and everything :D
[close]
<3

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 11:14:57 pm »
I have been to England two times. I quite enjoyed it there. The only bad thing is that you can't find anything which normal human beings would call "something to eat".
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 11:16:19 pm »
I have been to England two times. I quite enjoyed it there. The only bad thing is that you can't find anything which normal human beings would call "something to eat".

Sunday Roast
Yorkshire pudding
Fish and Chips
that's it :(
<3

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 11:21:04 pm »
Depends which area you live in I guess. You can get some proper shitholes. Weather can be glorious one day and horrid the next. The countryside is beutiful. Country was an alright place until our governments began  fucking the working class. I don't really know what to say without you specifically saying which factor of growing up you are thinking about?

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 11:25:48 pm »
Depends which area you live in I guess. You can get some proper shitholes. Weather can be glorious one day and horrid the next. The countryside is beutiful. Country was an alright place until our governments began  fucking the working class. I don't really know what to say without you specifically saying which factor of growing up you are thinking about?
This can be said about every North European country.
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 11:26:45 pm »
Very true  ;D ;D ;D

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 11:27:48 pm »
If you don't like the weather, wait for 5 minutes :)
<3

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 02:05:27 am »
If you don't like the weather, wait for 5 minutes :)
aha xD

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 02:12:20 am »

Sunday Roast
Yorkshire pudding
Fish and Chips
that's it :(

I quite like English food. Quite a few American dishes are of English origin. :3

Offline ImperialG

• First Lieutenant
  • crispy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 02:18:22 am »
I'm from the midlands (Nottingham) which is basically the toilet of the UK. It's not bad but seriously has issues. Then again so does other places.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 02:20:34 am »
I'm from the midlands (Nottingham) which is basically the toilet of the UK. It's not bad but seriously has issues. Then again so does other places.
ye
What's up with people in the South mocking those up North? Is it the accent or...
<3

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 04:31:41 am »
ye
What's up with people in the South mocking those up North? Is it the accent or...

Heh, heh, heh. Southerners everywhere have something against the North, no matter the country.

Offline ImperialG

• First Lieutenant
  • crispy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 07:07:28 am »
ye

Probably. General insults include sheep shagger and such.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 07:39:47 am »
I've only been there once, but my impression of the place was not that great. London was a shithole (but no Brit will ever dispute that). The countryside was alright but even the suburban areas which are usually pretty wealthy in the US seemed pretty dreary and run down to me.

The people seemed sort of off. Not really rude or stupid, but just strange. It probably just has something to do with them being foreigners, but even a German or a Swede seems more similar to what I'm used to than an Englishman. I dunno. Also in Kensington Palace there was a pakistani guy ranting to a security guard about how much he hates America, which was pretty funny.

I r8 it 6.5/10.