Author Topic: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!  (Read 308023 times)

Offline Checkers

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!
« Reply #1800 on: February 28, 2021, 09:15:37 pm »
Hello! I wanted to ask why it isn't / how it could be possible to add new factions to Napoleonic Wars.
I tried adding one but it calls it "kingdoms_end" instead of my given string yet it still adds the units to the rooster.

Thanks in advance for pointing me towards an answer or helping me understand :)

Offline Hinanawi

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: March 03, 2021, 11:37:24 am »
How to create a new cannon?

Offline Hinanawi

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: April 07, 2021, 06:19:48 am »
How to apply a function that admin can set players' view. Like force players stick to team members' view, but admin has free view also can decide which player can has what kind of view? What opercode I can use or how to apply it? Please help.

Offline wesleykuhn

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: June 14, 2021, 04:30:08 am »
Hello friends! I'm working on a project where I'm merging NW with PW (Persistent World). Because of the complexity, I'm migrating NW to the PW source code. I don't wanna players, without the NW bought, playing this mod, because it's illegal (I'm using all the resources, sounds, musics, etc, of NW). My question is: Is there some mechanism on the NW where it checks if the player own the mod? I saw that there's a installer maker with the source files. Does this installer maker generate this key validation?

Many thanks, for the attention!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 04:32:24 am by wesleykuhn »

Offline Woeski

• First Lieutenant
  • (2Ch) - DDB - Mamluk
    • View Profile
    • 2Ch & BACM regiment
  • Nick: Woeski
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1804 on: June 19, 2021, 10:40:58 pm »
Hello friends! I'm working on a project where I'm merging NW with PW (Persistent World). Because of the complexity, I'm migrating NW to the PW source code. I don't wanna players, without the NW bought, playing this mod, because it's illegal (I'm using all the resources, sounds, musics, etc, of NW). My question is: Is there some mechanism on the NW where it checks if the player own the mod? I saw that there's a installer maker with the source files. Does this installer maker generate this key validation?

Yes you have to use the official installer files and they check the key, however I can't really find them at the moment.

Hello! I wanted to ask why it isn't / how it could be possible to add new factions to Napoleonic Wars.
I tried adding one but it calls it "kingdoms_end" instead of my given string yet it still adds the units to the rooster.

This might be helpful.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116286.0.html

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
  • Leader of 1er Suisse, Ski Instructor, Paintballer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Nick: J-Man11
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1805 on: June 21, 2021, 03:40:10 pm »
I seem have to missed something here.  For the grenadier unit here, it has Vistula pants attached to it?  But I don't want those, I want the custom ones you can see in the darker colour behind it.  See the image below, any help is welcome.  I've tried to see if I can remove the pants, but can't find where to do that..  Also, I've noticed the uniforms are "glowing", like they don't have shaders, any help is welcome here!

Offline wesleykuhn

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: June 23, 2021, 01:59:37 pm »

Yes you have to use the official installer files and they check the key, however I can't really find them at the moment.

This might be helpful.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116286.0.html

Thank you very much my friend!!

Offline Doguereau

• First Lieutenant
  • In the French Artillery since 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doguereau
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1807 on: March 31, 2022, 10:12:16 am »
i got a skin pack but the artillery is unusable when we use it even on random maps

Offline jediknightnapoleon

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: January 20, 2024, 03:12:11 am »
Hi all, I'm new to modding but I'm interested in adding a square formation (hollow or solid) for the commander battle mode in NW. If anyone can give me any idea that would be greatly appreciated.