Author Topic: Conceptual Linebattle Event  (Read 1541 times)

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
Conceptual Linebattle Event
« on: February 12, 2014, 04:49:08 pm »
Good morning (or afternoon) my good fellows,

In order to test some concepts, and with a goal of bringing a fresh and new experience for the Napoleonic Era, this impromptu event had been set up. This event will be using the conceptual Napoleonic addon for Arma 3. It should be noted, that both the addon and the event are very early conceptions, and will be quirky. The mod, being little more than a project, will be put to a few tests via this event, to see if the concept of large-map Napoleonic battles are both fun and workable. The mix of the Napoleonic Wars with Arma 3 seems to be one heck of a combination, but executed right I believe it can be done in a manner that provides a fun template for events.

The Mod

The mod is more of a project, developed by Icewindo. From what I gather, he just wanted to see if the idea would work, and since then has (again from what I understand) dropped the project, but has uploaded the files. Having played myself, I do believe there's potential there, and therefore if there is any trace of interest, will pick up development. I'm sure you've already been told twice, but this is a very early release of what it could be, and by no means is a finished project- it is 100% conceptual, to see if certain aspects work and are enjoyable.

The Event

As stated in the opening paragraph, this is a very impromptu event that will test various theories on how a mod like this could work in a multiplayer community. As with the mod, this event is conceptual and is by no means a professional and complex event.

For the first few events, we would like to keep things basic. The only addons that will need to be downloaded will be the Napoleonic assets. In the future, if the events gain momentum, we may incorporate various map addons, but for now we will use the Altis and Stratis maps.

Rules
     The rules are very basic, and are subject to sudden change. The whole purpose of this event is to test different rules and theories on how to make an event like this work. If a rule is incorporated that makes play unbearable, notice that it is subject to redaction and revision.
  • Until specified, all units will fight a line infantry.
  • When engaging an enemy regiment, all members of the line must be standing, except in the cast of the front rank crouching in a multi-rank line.
  • It is a rule that everyone use Direct Chat when the event starts, rather than teamspeak or any in-game channels that act as "radios." This is purely for ambience. There's no true way of enforcing this, so it is on an honor system until we incorporate a mod like ACRE.
  • If a regiment is not actively engaging another regiment, they may go prone. Once combat starts, they must stand to fight.
  • All regiments are intended to fight. Don't delay the event.
  • All regular rules are enforced: no teamkilling, no ramboing, and no trolling

Attending

The schedule for this event is undecided, as we know various things are released this week that will take up some people's time. If you are a regiment interested in attending, please let us know in this thread. Arma's got a huge map, so the more regiments the more combat will be had.

Spoiler
  • 2. Pommersches - 15-20
  • 8teLeib - 20
[close]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 05:03:09 pm by DaMonkey »
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Conceptual Linebattle Event
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 04:49:29 pm »
* Reserved, and also. Forgive me, it's a shitty thread. *

Obligatory video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNHE2rez62k[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 09:23:54 pm by DaMonkey »
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story