• View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
Re: The Islam
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2013, 04:39:56 pm »
This video says it all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgsrnmzxEUY[/youtube]

Come on man all 3 things in this video are false.

How do i see it? As a normal religion, however the regions the religion is in are less developed than the west, so its easy to blame the religion for it, when in fact, much of the world is also as underdeveloped with just the same problems.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2013, 04:53:55 pm »
I see the islam as a reiligion, but a religion who is as far as I know it, values discpline and obedience more than the Bible, and is more accepting towards others than christianity.

I have nothing against the Islam personally, or the people practicing it. I just have a problem with Burka's and people that use their religion to justify killing.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2013, 05:00:50 pm »
How about Wigsterism?
Nah, about humanity, not turning myself into a deity.

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2013, 05:21:32 pm »
I think most people isn't against the religion it self, but more against their people. Its understandable if you think about it. Its rather unfortunate that islam spread and was kept as the main religion in middle east, as they tend to war with eachother a lot, which makes islam seem like a religion of war. Christianity had good fortune and spread to western countries, which would be considered by most, more civilized.

Buddhism spread to East Asian countries, where the average IQ is pretty high and where the civilizations have been advanced since the beginning of history (I think). I think its just pure luck where the religions spread. Islam was the unfortunate one to spread to countries which would be colonized and set back a couple of decades back from the rest of the world.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2013, 05:24:17 pm »
#AntiRelegionCircleJerk
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2013, 05:29:13 pm »
I think most people isn't against the religion it self, but more against their people. Its understandable if you think about it. Its rather unfortunate that islam spread and was kept as the main religion in middle east, as they tend to war with eachother a lot, which makes islam seem like a religion of war. Christianity had good fortune and spread to western countries, which would be considered by most, more civilized.

Buddhism spread to East Asian countries, where the average IQ is pretty high and where the civilizations have been advanced since the beginning of history (I think). I think its just pure luck where the religions spread. Islam was the unfortunate one to spread to countries which would be colonized and set back a couple of decades back from the rest of the world.

That sounds not right. That implies that the arabic world is dumber than the rest which is not really true and would be racist. Up into the middleages the arabic world was leading in terms of medicine and cultur in comparison to Europe.
As someone mentioned before, the Islam as religion has not been reformed at all in since its founding in contrast to other religions like Christianity.

@ Riddlez, I see it the other way round, that the Islam is NOT tolerating other religions although the Quoran tells them to.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2013, 05:55:42 pm »
#inb4lock

When you got nothing useful to say, don't post.

Historical section isn't for spamming sqeakers.

You know something most people don't really think of? That those muslims that are not radical, are the muslims who don't completly follow the Qu'ran, sort of like those in our countries who claim to be christian yet never go to church, nor follow the bible. Those Muslims we consider radical, are really just the Muslims who do follow the Qu'ran.

When people stop being idiots, and stop believing books written 1000 years ago that have hardly any relevance to our times, then we can have a more peaceful world.

Alsoi would like to say, that many people fail to understand perspectives. While in Christian culture, the ideas of the Bible are normal to us, while the teachings of Islam are foreign and therefore many small minded people think those ideas are wrong. Stop living in a box people, just because we are grown up with certain ideals, doesn't mean those ideals are superior to another persons' ideals. Christians who follow the bible completly, fundamentalists, are just as ignorant as Muslim fundamentalists.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2013, 06:19:21 pm »
I have great respect for the wisdom of islamic scholars and their lifestyle, they preserved a lot of ancient greek knowledge and for awhile were a very tolerant society when Christians were murdering anyone who had different ideas. The sacking of the Library of Baghdad was a real loss too.

Many of my friends are muslim and they are the humblest and kindest people around.

Obviously theres more radical elements who are also fueled by ongoing western intervention in the middle east with the petro-dollar etc but thats just capitalism and imperialism at work for ya.

“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline The Nutty Pig

• Donator
  • It wasn't easy being cheesy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2013, 06:21:46 pm »
Islam is as nice of a religion as any other ones. Just when Islam does something bad it is more widely reported and in the media then other religions, I wonder why....

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2013, 06:25:59 pm »
Islam is as nice of a religion as any other ones. Just when Islam does something bad it is more widely reported and in the media then other religions, I wonder why....
That aint true. In Germany everyone went batshit about that one Bishop of the Catholics who built himself a mansion for millions of Euros. As soon as any religion does something wrong its on the media, but no one cares for corruption and crimes in the name of countries.

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2013, 06:26:10 pm »
Just when Islam does something bad it is more widely reported and in the media then other religions, I wonder why....

The United States needed a new threat after the fall of the Soviet Union.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline The Nutty Pig

• Donator
  • It wasn't easy being cheesy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2013, 06:28:55 pm »
That aint true. In Germany everyone went batshit about that one Bishop of the Catholics who built himself a mansion for millions of Euros. As soon as any religion does something wrong its on the media, but no one cares for corruption and crimes in the name of countries.
Using one example to back up a point does not really work. They are anomalies but that does not back up a point. I believe that Muslims are shown in more a bad light then any other religion and I will explain later, but I am kinda busy at the moment.  :-\

Offline Matim

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Matim
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2013, 07:00:44 pm »
No one can say that all the muslims are dumb and religious fanatics that don't consider their beliefs. Almost everyone, especially in western europe knows some Arab that is great persone, lot better than most europeans. But, there is also in muslim society the "lower part", just as in christianic or atheistic one. The problem is that as that dark group in those 2 communities is rather looking up to succesful people,  the muslim one is led almost blindly by their religion. Thats why huge part of the muslim imigrants wont (as sb called it, pretty accurate) "westernise", but will stick closely to thier religion/tradition.