Author Topic: New European-based Union ACW group.  (Read 19969 times)

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: New European-based Union ACW group.
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2014, 07:02:40 pm »
So, I would say 2500 - 3000$ for a high-quality basic equipment? (Brogans, complete uniform, cap box, cartridge box, belts, haversack, bayonet with scabbard, rifle and smaller things like cups and so on)

Bingo.   That is, if you want to be quality and authentic. 

Edit: Also it is ok to be incomplete for awhile. dont blow all your money at once. Wait for good deals or sales.  It took me one year and half to have a proper union kit. Dont feel pressured to buy everything at once.

Offline Captain America

• Second Lieutenant
  • One realm, one God, one King!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2014, 07:32:55 pm »
My current uniform is incomplete at best, but my unit helps out. Never ever ever buy before it's affordable and before you're sure of the quality, otherwise it's a waste of a lot of money.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2014, 07:42:35 pm »
Well at least you Yankee-Doodle-Dee ACW boys can get everything from a suttler, my Napoleonic Dutch marines kit will have to be custom made by a tailor.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Captain America

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2014, 07:45:30 pm »
#jealous. Remember Ted, quality today means your uniform lasts as long as you need it to, cheapness today means you get a month and have to spend the extra on replacements. It's always best to do quality over quantity.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2014, 07:51:42 pm »
#jealous. Remember Ted, quality today means your uniform lasts as long as you need it to, cheapness today means you get a month and have to spend the extra on replacements. It's always best to do quality over quantity.

Amen! Preach it pardner. 

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2014, 07:54:20 pm »
 @Captain America: I know, quality allways is better then quantity - an uniform should last very long and should be realistic. But I'm not going to buy an uniform until this group really is founded, so....  ;)

Btw, I own a gray, woolen blanket. I think there were different blankets, so in fact I could use it for ACW reenactment, right?

EDIT: edit deleted lol

Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2014, 08:05:06 pm »
@Captain America: I know, quality allways is better then quantity - an uniform should last very long and should be realistic. But I'm not going to buy an uniform until this group really is founded, so....  ;)

Btw, I own a gray, woolen blanket. I think there were different blankets, so in fact I could use it for ACW reenactment, right?

EDIT: edit deleted lol

If you join this unit, you will need federal issue blanket.  BUT that blanket is good, perfectly acceptable. You can go confederate with that. 

to events, i tend to bring two blanket. It get really cold at night, I dont use sleeping bag.  It's usually one issue blanket and other "sent from home" 

Everyone in the hobby tend to have 2-4 blanket sometime lol.

Offline Captain America

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2014, 08:32:42 pm »

If you join this unit, you will need federal issue blanket.  BUT that blanket is good, perfectly acceptable. You can go confederate with that. 

to events, i tend to bring two blanket. It get really cold at night, I dont use sleeping bag.  It's usually one issue blanket and other "sent from home" 

Everyone in the hobby tend to have 2-4 blanket sometime lol.

I do the same because when it's pissing it down in the middle of English field you desperately want a blanket sent from home. Until you sort your uniform properly you can use that as a pretty authentic blanket. Get a federal issue blanket last if you've got that as a stand in!

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2014, 09:56:24 pm »
Well I am not looking to get the most authentic and expensive stuff atm. It is my 2nd impression and I do not want to spend to much money on it yet.

IF we decide to do it we will provide depot gear (Inlcuding shelter tents, blankets and uniforms) for atleast 5 people. That stuff will obviously not be the highest quality, but we plan to replace it later once this whole thing is up and running properly.

I know, you guys recommend buying proper stuff from the start, but I rather get into it using cheap stuff for now, and then upgrading it later. Money certainly wont be a problem in the future, so that is fine with us.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2014, 10:12:22 pm »
Well I am not looking to get the most authentic and expensive stuff atm. It is my 2nd impression and I do not want to spend to much money on it yet.

IF we decide to do it we will provide depot gear (Inlcuding shelter tents, blankets and uniforms) for atleast 5 people. That stuff will obviously not be the highest quality, but we plan to replace it later once this whole thing is up and running properly.

I know, you guys recommend buying proper stuff from the start, but I rather get into it using cheap stuff for now, and then upgrading it later. Money certainly wont be a problem in the future, so that is fine with us.

be sure you look sharp anyway, mainstream uniform has tendency to make you look like cosplayers or some sorts.

I started out with mainstream kit and was "saved" by a progressive reenactor, i followed his guide and saved up money, when i went to Gburg 150th, i bought tons of quality stuff and my dad who dropped me off hadnt seen me for awhile. When he came to get me, he was shocked with how i looked. His first comment, "You dont look like your in costume anymore"   

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2014, 10:16:13 pm »
Yeh, I am looking forward to buying proper stuff if I am ever going to the US for an event, but as my 2nd impression in Europe, I do not want to spend too much money on it.
It is everyones own decision to buy either bad or good stuff and I do not blame anyone for buying bad stuff. After all, this is just a hobby and it is mostly for the fun.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2014, 11:25:09 pm »
Yeh, I am looking forward to buying proper stuff if I am ever going to the US for an event, but as my 2nd impression in Europe, I do not want to spend too much money on it.
It is everyones own decision to buy either bad or good stuff and I do not blame anyone for buying bad stuff. After all, this is just a hobby and it is mostly for the fun.

/inner historian cringes 

for fun?   ok.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2014, 01:13:21 am »
man....
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2014, 04:51:09 am »
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2014, 05:08:18 am »
^