Author Topic: The Prussian Army 1813  (Read 16134 times)

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
The Prussian Army 1813
« on: November 12, 2012, 01:39:02 am »

In 1813 when Prussia made ready to fight in war, a massive reform was done to prevent a disaster such as 1806 in Jena&Austerlitz. Half of the army consisted of hastily trained patriotic volunteers. There were musketeers and 12 Lb'er Artillery. Cavalry consisted of Hussars, Dragoons, and finally Lancers (Uhlans) and the National Garde. The national guard is basically rich landwehr cavalry. I plan on writing more about it but for now I will post some less common illustrations. Feel free to add to the research I want to start. Past the 15th or so regiment the infantry becomes reserve and wears a less fashionable uniform.

For a complete overview, and since I'm lazy check here for pictures and sources http://befreiungskriege.wordpress.com/prussian-army-resources/

Regular Infantry was organized like this:
Spoiler
[close]

Silesian Musketeers
Spoiler
[close]

Grenadiers
Spoiler
[close]

Fusiliers (Basically musketeers but operated with light infantry tactics, the only difference was black straps or a plume (in the 25th only) )
Spoiler
[close]

Reserve Infantry and Landwehr (silisian) THE BRUNSWICKER IS NOT PART OF THE PRUSSIAN ARMY
Spoiler
[close]

Various Landwehr types firing.
Spoiler
[close]

WILL ADD MORE LATER
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:02:32 am by Menelaos »

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The Prussian Army 1813
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 03:25:28 am »
So, for the silesian picture, who was that jaeger, was that a volunteer eager, or some landwehr regiment?

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 03:27:50 am »
So, for the silesian picture, who was that jaeger, was that a volunteer eager, or some landwehr regiment?
Which one, a few of the photos have silesians in them. The Musketeer one has a shutzen in the front.

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 03:31:51 am »
Which one, a few of the photos have silesians in them. The Musketeer one has a shutzen in the front.
The Perry Miniature picture, so what's with his hat, I have never seen a shutzens hat like that.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 03:34:27 am »
The Perry Miniature picture, so what's with his hat, I have never seen a shutzens hat like that.
Since the poorer side of the army had no definitive fashions they typically had mixed hard and light shakos. This applies with Shutzen as well with hat variations. In particular because skirmishers did not favor giant shakos while hiding in brush.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 03:41:41 am »
Fusilier image is missing, but the rest looks really good