Poll

Are you interested in doing a NA vs SA All-Star 1v1

Yes
25 (62.5%)
No
15 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Intercontinental Regimental League [NA/SA] [CHAMPIONS: LG]  (Read 25273 times)

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Intercontinental Regimental League [NA/SA]
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2020, 07:59:14 pm »
Update

A rule has been modified/added, please read if you don't want to break rules.

KEY:  Rule unmodified = Blue | Rule added = Green

27. a. Melee is where the bayonet or sword from a player strikes a player on the opposing team or the weapon of a player on the opposing team.
Once any two players from opposing regiments are engaged in melee, all other players in the match MUST cease firing and join in the melee.

b. As per line spacing rules, the line cannot be split up to stall their opponent while the rest of their line forms up, preparing to shoot.

c. A regiment may reform a line and shoot AFTER waiting 5 seconds after fully formed up as long as they have at least 3 players alive and ALL players are in line and out of melee.
   i. If a player gets cut off in melee and dies, the formed up regiment must wait 5 seconds before shooting.
   ii. If a single player is not in the line during the shooting or fires BEFORE waiting 5 seconds, the shooters will be slayed as a Fire out of line or the round will not count if the final player(s) of the losing nation is killed.

Why has this been added
This has started becoming the meta for a lot of regiments, notably used in the 42nd vs LG NAGL match. It hasn't been really explicitly stated in any rule books, but I do get questioned about whether it is allowed or not.
[close]

Wolf has been promoted to a regular referee.
This isn't a "meta" in most regiments. The reason why it is used a lot because you cannot counter a regiment like the LG, 1er, and 40th. Without outleading them. That is the diversity in a style. It isn't to the fault of the regiment opposing the enemy when they get outlead because they just don't know to lead. You are trying to take a counter, and in some cases the only counter to a regiment out in 1v1 leading which is absurd, and I feel it is highly biased toward a regiment like the LG which will only make it easier for them to run for melee(Like, never said the LG for those who will start tweaking). The reason why regiments wing their lines or break their backs away from a enemy line is to bait the enemy line. It is entirely to the fault of the enemy line for not being able to counter such a tactic, and the only reason people don't like it is because it requires more logistical thinking in 1v1 leading, where running for melee with your fat melee stack requires little to no effort, and completely relies on a melee ability rather then 1v1 leading ability. Its what separates a 1v1 from a groupfight, and all I see rule 27 C. doing is ruining a incremental part in 1v1 leading. Its like a Basketball team being told you have great shooters from the three point line? well this is a new rule to counter your good shooting. We are gonna take out the three point line.

Rule is complete bullshit

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2020, 09:38:10 pm »
I think 5 seconds is pretty long. Maybe like 3 or something. That’s my only problem with it
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2020, 09:43:22 pm »
I think 5 seconds is pretty long. Maybe like 3 or something. That’s my only problem with it
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2020, 09:58:24 pm »

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2020, 10:20:52 pm »
Update

27. a. Melee is where the bayonet or sword from a player strikes a player on the opposing team or the weapon of a player on the opposing team.
Once any two players from opposing regiments are engaged in melee, all other players in the match MUST cease firing and join in the melee.

b. As per line spacing rules, the line cannot be split up to stall their opponent while the rest of their line forms up, preparing to shoot.

c. A regiment may reform a line and shoot AFTER waiting 5 seconds after fully formed up as long as they have at least 3 players alive and ALL players are in line and out of melee.
   i. If a player gets cut off in melee and dies, the formed up regiment must wait 5 seconds before shooting.
   ii. If a single player is not in the line during the shooting or fires BEFORE waiting 5 seconds, the shooters will be slayed as a Fire out of line or the round will not count if the final player(s) of the losing nation is killed.

Why has this been added
This has started becoming the meta for a lot of regiments, notably used in the 42nd vs LG NAGL match. It hasn't been really explicitly stated in any rule books, but I do get questioned about whether it is allowed or not.
[close]

for those confused this is when you want to reform a line AFTER being in melee. don’t get this confused when you want to reform your line before even engaging in melee

that’s why it’s a sub rule of 27 under the melee portion of the rule book.

an example of reforming after melee can be seen in 7:47 of this video, but we didn’t wait 5 seconds

In 3:11 of the same video i would’ve been slayed since, not the whole line was lined up and some of the line was in melee.

click here to join the 84th

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2020, 10:40:50 pm »
How about just removing the seconds thing in general? This rule makes zero sense because there will be no point in forming up if you have to wait 5 seconds. The Rule legit cancels itself out if you reform and have to wait to shoot. If people do decide to reform they will be close to the enemy most of the time so reforming 3 is hard enough plus having to wait would be no time to even get a shoot off. Just allow regs to do it without the seconds bs as long as there is 3 of them lined up with maybe a 4 for example running at them near the line.

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2020, 11:47:49 pm »
How about just removing the seconds thing in general? This rule makes zero sense because there will be no point in forming up if you have to wait 5 seconds. The Rule legit cancels itself out if you reform and have to wait to shoot. If people do decide to reform they will be close to the enemy most of the time so reforming 3 is hard enough plus having to wait would be no time to even get a shoot off. Just allow regs to do it without the seconds bs as long as there is 3 of them lined up with maybe a 4 for example running at them near the line.

Adding the timer prevents regiments from purposefully sacrificing players. If a regiment has one of their players cut off they can just sacrifice him and then be lined up and start popping shots on the regiment that was chasing down their lone player.

In the second round of this match (around 8:30) the LG cut off two members of the 6teSLR. The two members were a huge distance away from the majority of their line. Once they died the 6teSLR was already formed up and started shooting the LG. I’m not saying the 6te purposefully sacrificed the two players, but this would be an example of what could happen if there was no timer.

All players should be lined up because if a player that is not close to their reformed line has the ability to just toy with the person that is attempting to break the line and act like they’re about to go into melee with them. At that point you can argue that’s Rambo. A referee could slay the guy for not attempting to reform with his line and then once he’s slayed, then the reformed regiment can just easily shoot the guy that was attempting to break them.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2020, 12:25:47 am »
Update

Why has this been added
[close]

This isn't a "meta" in most regiments. The reason why it is used a lot because you cannot counter a regiment like the LG, 1er, and 40th. Without outleading them. That is the diversity in a style. It isn't to the fault of the regiment opposing the enemy when they get outlead because they just don't know to lead. You are trying to take a counter, and in some cases the only counter to a regiment out in 1v1 leading which is absurd, and I feel it is highly biased toward a regiment like the LG which will only make it easier for them to run for melee(Like, never said the LG for those who will start tweaking). The reason why regiments wing their lines or break their backs away from a enemy line is to bait the enemy line. It is entirely to the fault of the enemy line for not being able to counter such a tactic, and the only reason people don't like it is because it requires more logistical thinking in 1v1 leading, where running for melee with your fat melee stack requires little to no effort, and completely relies on a melee ability rather then 1v1 leading ability. Its what separates a 1v1 from a groupfight, and all I see rule 27 C. doing is ruining a incremental part in 1v1 leading. Its like a Basketball team being told you have great shooters from the three point line? well this is a new rule to counter your good shooting. We are gonna take out the three point line.
In my recent 1v1 experience LG is usually the regiment that reforms to shoot more than other regiments

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2020, 02:51:44 am »
Regiments Playing: VB and 1er
Group: A
Time and Date: 2/2 at 9:15 est
Preferred Referees: most experienced

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2020, 02:54:42 am »
Regiments Playing: VB and 1er
Group: A
Time and Date: 2/2 at 9:15 est
Preferred Referees: most experienced
I'll ref
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2020, 03:50:04 am »
VB 7-5 FEB

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2020, 04:04:18 am »
1er 9 - 1 COSR

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2020, 05:20:09 am »
Update

Things are heating up in Group A with a tie between 1st place, 3rd place, and 5th place.

https://challonge.com/zk3shgzt

Spoiler
Thanks to all the referees who referee'd tonight. I'll try my best to stop getting a life thanks.
[close]

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2020, 05:41:56 am »
Update

Things are heating up in Group A with a tie between 1st place, 3rd place, and 5th place.

https://challonge.com/zk3shgzt

Spoiler
Thanks to all the referees who referee'd tonight. I'll try my best to stop getting a life thanks.
[close]

yo glenn didnt i 7-3 x 2 on fortnite

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2020, 07:40:03 am »
I think as long as you have formed a 3 man line with the rest of the line going to line up aswell, with the people trying to line up being out of melee, you should be allowed to shoot.  I get that tracking when a line gets stuck into melee and tries to shoot is a bitch to admin, but at the end of the day, this ruins more tactical thinking in exchange for “whoever can get the most meleers into melee.”  I’ll keep it like this: Me and the Northern Alliance support anything limiting or even deleting this rule.