Author Topic: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 9]  (Read 77344 times)

Offline Zappy

• Second Lieutenant
  • AT LEAST 86
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zappy
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 9]
« Reply #765 on: July 29, 2019, 09:12:41 pm »
By the logic of virtually every 6te member on this thread; if you’re caught within melee range you can simply run away and sacrifice yourself to avoid the melee and continue running. You weren’t being cut-off because you were afk in spawn returning to your line or because you were THAT far removed from either the front or back of the line, you were caught because we fucked you with reverses and got within charging distance. That’s your fault for getting caught. If anyone was attempting to exploit the rules it was Raf and Irish when they would continually make themselves intentional rambos to avoid an actual melee.

This.

*I don’t know if they intentionally did it to avoid melee tho*
Poor scottish mike had more kills than alot of people

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #766 on: July 29, 2019, 09:36:10 pm »
Well compared to when the 58e used a bunch of mercs and people under fake names to steal an NWL from the 63e, this is nothing.

Offline Nappy Surena

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Ens_Sura_Fraser
« Reply #767 on: July 29, 2019, 10:49:38 pm »
Suiciding is obviously not a viable option.
That being said, ofcourse people are going to get cut off with how fucking huge the lines were. On EU when an officer or single dude gets cut off the other line lets them return to their line most of the time, in my experience at least. You won't have any scenarios where the whole line is chasing after the one officer.

For the people saying that Irish and Rafael weren't going towards their own line: when you get cut off, it is often easier to run around the back of the enemy line to get back to the other side. A 30 man line charging after you obviously makes it impossible to run around them. The LG can just spread out and surround you, giving you no possible way back to your line and driving you to the map edge.

While I agree with your point on how it's typically easier to run around an enemy line to get back to your own It's also a viable tactic to cut off the officer and delay that effort, From my experience this is typically done from maneuvering from the regiment attempting it, However, what the LG did was a viable tactic and from what I can remember the first time Its happened. When this season started Risk made it a point for regiments attempting to reform to always be on the same page aka be running back towards their line before Its fully counted outside of the melee and able to reform. The reason why It's Important in this scenario is that the fact still stands that anyone cut off still has to find their way back to the line or they'll be unable to undertake any other action or It'll just turn into a cluster fuck with one man kyting running the literal opposite direction of his line, while they're able to shoot, the number of people in the event is Irrelevant to this.

By the logic of virtually every 6te member on this thread; if you’re caught within melee range you can simply run away and sacrifice yourself to avoid the melee and continue running. You weren’t being cut-off because you were afk in spawn returning to your line or because you were THAT far removed from either the front or back of the line, you were caught because we fucked you with reverses and got within charging distance. That’s your fault for getting caught. If anyone was attempting to exploit the rules it was Raf and Irish when they would continually make themselves intentional rambos to avoid an actual melee.

*Edit: Also, if you’re going to complain about melee; maybe don’t bring 5 EU’s who seemingly apparated out of thin air for this match and a bunch of guys who either hardly play, or hardly melee. Thnx

It's a tough analysis but I gotta agree with some points here.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 10:53:44 pm by Nappy Surena »

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 29, 2019, 10:53:31 pm »

*Edit: Also, if you’re going to complain about melee; maybe don’t bring 5 EU’s who seemingly apparated out of thin air for this match and a bunch of guys who either hardly play, or hardly melee. Thnx
Ok, but what about the fact that almost every time that this happend, and there was never a slay given to Raf for ramboing. I only saw a slay given to Irish and Raf on a small amount of instances(correct me if im wrong cause I cant recall every instance). It was absurd. The 6te were not allowed to shoot after there players died? we had a reform rule for this reason so we avoid what happend exactly last match. Personally It doesn't make sense to me why there was so little slays given out. In some cases the LG would be running down towards the 6te while running at Raf which is all technically rambos and nothing was done about it. As someone who really doesn't care about who wins that match but rather specing it for my own personal pleasure I found it just disgusting to watch and flat out sad. The LG would rather win petty then actually make a basis out of a 1v1, and I found a lot of rule bending happening during this match and a ton of times were slays should have been handed out. Im not necessarily saying that anyone was deliberately cheating, however, there was something completely off about this match that really just ruined the conception of a 1v1.

Offline Nappy Surena

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 29, 2019, 10:55:11 pm »

Ok, but what about the fact that almost every time that this happend, and there was never a slay given to Raf for ramboing. I only saw a slay given to Irish and Raf on a small amount of instances(correct me if im wrong cause I cant recall every instance). It was absurd. The 6te were not allowed to shoot after there players died? we had a reform rule for this reason so we avoid what happend exactly last match. Personally It doesn't make sense to me why there was so little slays given out. In some cases the LG would be running down towards the 6te while running at Raf which is all technically rambos and nothing was done about it. As someone who really doesn't care about who wins that match but rather specing it for my own personal pleasure I found it just disgusting to watch and flat out sad. The LG would rather win petty then actually make a basis out of a 1v1, and I found a lot of rule bending happening during this match and a ton of times were slays should have been handed out. Im not necessarily saying that anyone was deliberately cheating, however, there was something completely off about this match that really just ruined the conception of a 1v1.

Slaying an officer is the most controversial thing a referee can do, and the referee has to atleast give them a chance to return to their line despite the chances

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 29, 2019, 10:56:13 pm »

Slaying an officer is the most controversial thing a referee can do, and the referee has to atleast give them a chance to return to their line despite the chances
Im talking about the cases were they ran cross map and it was obvious he wasn't making it back.

Offline Nappy Surena

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 29, 2019, 10:57:34 pm »

Im talking about the cases were they ran cross map and it was obvious he wasn't making it back.

My answer still stands, the opposing regiment who's officer was slain could just say he had the chance to make it back and request a reset. Better to give him a chance and avoid the drama despite the distance. If this was a regular player I would agree with you, but it wasn't.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 11:07:02 pm by Nappy Surena »

Offline Yvrul

• Private
  • Lt. of the 1. Leib Husaren, IV Korps for life
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH_Lt_Lurvy / 4e_Huss_Cvl_Lurvy
« Reply #772 on: July 29, 2019, 11:17:20 pm »
Yay! LG won!

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #773 on: July 29, 2019, 11:18:51 pm »
Just speaking as a player and line leader.

The whole cutting off 1 member and getting them in melee actually isn't a new strat, just an uncommon one. 41st (Maple's, not Jakesters) tried the exact same thing vs me in Season 7. I countered it by shooting them while they were trying to catch whoever they were chasing (melee isn't established until contact is), or just running away and reforming across the map, and I won the match. The strat is actually a huge mistake if capitalized on correctly, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a sense of impending doom while we were doing it.

1st time it happened you guys ran your line towards the rambos and fired the moment they were killed, which I've said before during your LIR match, that you have to wait a certain amount of time before firing after melee has occurred. Had you guys waited just 10-15 seconds before firing, you would have been counted as disengaged and well within the rules to shoot.

2nd time Rafael was killed and you guys were far enough away for a disengage to happen. So you were allowed to shoot, and round resumed as normal.

Again, I would have advised shooting LG during the chase and then just wait for them to kill whoever they were chasing if they were going to insist on using a strat like that.

I don't think the strat is scummy, I think it's just stupid and I think LG got lucky 6te hadn't seen it before and didn't know what to do about it.

I'm not going to tolerate any statement or implication of LG bias, because it's asinine, and insulting, especially to Risk. Jakester doesn't have any ties to the LG or personal stake in the match, and  he was reffing. he was lenient on both sides for all chat, except VetroG since he decided to hit Jakester with a phat "Fuck You" right after Jakester announced no all chat. I didn't see any of his calls as bad. Those two instances  were new for almost everyone involved on  both sides and the ref.

The majority of rounds were won due to an overwhelming melee advantage on the LG's part, and LG leadership properly using that melee advantage.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 11:21:03 pm by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline Risk_

• Board Moderator
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 29, 2019, 11:19:33 pm »
For full context and to respond to a lot of people, I will say as to what happened after the match. But first, for the general debate of the rounds with officer being cut off.

To answer a lot of questions and people's comments, the big thing was the awkward rounds of the 6te officers being cut off. Jakester will be making a post to explain his justification, because he can probably explain it better than I can since he was reffing. (Nappy also made a pretty good analysis of it above) After the match, Jakester explained his reasoning to Maniac and later, Midnight (Irish did not want to come to the TS to talk about any potential rounds being overturned/challenged). Jakster applied the rules and did so very well. I and many refs agreed we had never seen something like that before and trust me, no one can prepare for that. Even the LG were confused on what to do; however, Jakester did so very well keeping the rules in mind and enforcing them accordingly to keep everything fair and to league rule standards. I understand some people do not currently feel that way but even after Midnight heard what Jakester said, he said it makes sense why Jakester made the call he did. The all chat rule was being broken by both sides, a few times from the LG at the end of rounds and from the 6te as well. Jakester was nice enough not to slay about 4-5 6te guys who typed in chat at the beginning of the round and gave another warning. A problem that coincided with this was that Jakester was solo reffing. A very hard task with two very good regiments, a 30v30+, 20-30 specs, watching both lines, the final, etc. I am sure he missed a few people typing at the end especially with dead chat and specs spamming and filling up the chat; and he overall could have been harsher. I do not believe that affected rounds the way they were going. This is partly my fault as I could not find any other available ref at all. Jolly and Harper (Trial admin) were reffing the other match (IB vs LIR) at the same time; as well as every other ref was going to be unavailable or playing in a match that night.

Now, for after the match. I knew those rounds were awkward and the 6te would most likely want to try to contest rounds, which is fair and their right. Myself, Russian, Godfreid, Jakester and Jolly were all in the NWL ts and if the 6te were to contest rounds it would need to be after the match since it was the final match and the season was ending. As I said, Irish did not want to connect at all to talk to us because he was scared of our bias. That is your opinion and I can't change it. The only thing I don't appreciate is calling us bias after you are refusing to talk to us. Eventually Maniac and later Midnight came in, telling us Irish would not come. Jakester explained his view and decision making, Maniac didn't agree and argued for a bit before just eventually leaving while we were talking to him. Midnight came in and agreed with Jakester after he explained himself.

I also told Midnight this last night, as I will tell you Irish and anyone else, if you want to contest any rounds please let the admin staff know and I am more than willing to work with it. I will put Windflower, Jakester, Nappy and Jolly together and they will discuss your complaints and talk about overturning any rounds you would like them to. They are all non-LG and are more than able to make a fair decision according to the league rules. I have done this previously in the season (even with the first 6te, LG match) on making refs and a mod(s) have a meeting to make a decision regarding regiments contesting rounds, so there is no claim of any regimental bias in the league. I do not want anyone to have that attitude or claim towards the league as I really do try my best to keep this league the best in NA, and work hard to keeping this league fair and fun for all of the community.

As I said, if you want to contest rounds please talk to me or Jakester today. The final matches have been played and I am wrapping up everything with the sponsor and prizes.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 03:29:44 am by Risk_ »

Offline Godsworn Alexiel

• Corporal
  • peepochrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 29, 2019, 11:29:53 pm »
This just in:

THE NAPOLEONIC WARS EQUALITY AND FAIRNESS GROUP

Has conclusive evidence that the LG has employed extensive use of performance enhancing drugs and microlaggers to assist them in their victory of the league

We have steam chat evidence of them PURCHASING PEDs from Sellsword Mark along with buying said special microlaggers to lag the 6te 3 ping points more than usual from Adventurer John

More to come soon from your elite investigative teams
i can deadlift 700 pounds

chadlite in training

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 29, 2019, 11:34:43 pm »
This just in:

THE NAPOLEONIC WARS EQUALITY AND FAIRNESS GROUP

Has conclusive evidence that the LG has employed extensive use of performance enhancing drugs and microlaggers to assist them in their victory of the league

We have steam chat evidence of them PURCHASING PEDs from Sellsword Mark along with buying said special microlaggers to lag the 6te 3 ping points more than usual from Adventurer John

More to come soon from your elite investigative teams

This is all sorts of great.

|Viper|

« Reply #777 on: July 30, 2019, 12:12:08 am »
I'm not going to tolerate any statement or implication of LG bias, because it's asinine, and insulting, especially to Risk. Jakester doesn't have any ties to the LG or personal stake in the match, and  he was reffing. he was lenient on both sides for all chat, except VetroG since he decided to hit Jakester with a phat "Fuck You" right after Jakester announced no all chat. I didn't see any of his calls as bad. Those two instances  were new for almost everyone involved on  both sides and the ref.
Slayed in spawn rip  :'(.

Offline Runepkyz

• Major
  • Hey, How are you! Best EU.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PonyBoy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #778 on: July 30, 2019, 12:29:44 am »
1st time it happened you guys ran your line towards the rambos and fired the moment they were killed, which I've said before during your LIR match, that you have to wait a certain amount of time before firing after melee has occurred. Had you guys waited just 10-15 seconds before firing, you would have been counted as disengaged and well within the rules to shoot.
Which rule states you have to wait 10-15 seconds curious. Breaking your whole line to run across map after two people just to get into melee smells scummy AND stupid to me.
8=====================D ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 30, 2019, 12:49:08 am »
Which rule states you have to wait 10-15 seconds curious. Breaking your whole line to run across map after two people just to get into melee smells scummy AND stupid to me.

Why is it scummy? All it's really doing, is putting your line at a massive disadvantage if the other line has the knowledge or sense to counter it correctly.

FoC rules? If lines were allowed to keep firing the moment someone's died in melee, FoC wouldn't really be against the rules, now would it? The 10-15 is a common sense minimum. If melee has been broken for 10-15 seconds, then it's reasonable to assume both lines have disengaged from it and can begin exploring other options, such as reforming and firing. It's also to protect against intentional ramboing, since you could send 1 guy to break/disrupt an enemy line, then just fire into whatever clump they create the moment they die.