Author Topic: Favourite All Time Leader(s)  (Read 101248 times)

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Favourite All Time Leader(s)
« Reply #525 on: June 06, 2017, 05:05:25 pm »
imho Wellington is the most overrated commander of the Napoleonic Wars and Archduke Charles is the most underrated
Why am I still here

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #526 on: June 06, 2017, 08:05:23 pm »
Napoleon and Wellington were both great leaders.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #527 on: June 06, 2017, 09:05:24 pm »
I've heard that Napoleon wasn't a great military leader and that his generals did a lot of the leading for him.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 06, 2017, 11:02:02 pm »
I've heard that Napoleon wasn't a great military leader and that his generals did a lot of the leading for him.

You've heard wrong tbh

Austerlitz alone was a stroke of pure military genius. He was also what I would describe as a "complete commander" - by which I mean not only was he a master of battlefield tactics, but a masterful strategist/campaigner and an inspirational leader as well. Always maneuvering into advantageous positions, dividing allied opponents attempting to join forces and routing them each in detail, encircling entire armies (case in point being the Ulm Campaign), etc.

He became almost lazy as he got older and started using more direct tactics (arguably losing some of his genius) but even in the Hundred Days days campaign he frustrated Wellington with his movements ("Napoleon has humbugged me, by God; he has gained twenty-four hours' march on me").
Why am I still here

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #529 on: June 06, 2017, 11:05:55 pm »

You've heard wrong tbh

Austerlitz alone was a stroke of pure military genius. He was also what I would describe as a "complete commander" - by which I mean not only was he a master of battlefield tactics, but a masterful strategist/campaigner and an inspirational leader as well. Always maneuvering into advantageous positions, dividing allied opponents attempting to join forces and routing them each in detail, encircling entire armies (case in point being the Ulm Campaign), etc.

He became almost lazy as he got older and started using more direct tactics (arguably losing some of his genius) but even in the Hundred Days days campaign he frustrated Wellington with his movements ("Napoleon has humbugged me, by God; he has gained twenty-four hours' march on me").

Napoleon is truly a god for the things he accomplished. By far my favorite leader.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #530 on: June 06, 2017, 11:20:50 pm »

You've heard wrong tbh

oh cool

Napoleon Bonaparte is the best for 1 reason. He made an army capable of fighting Wellington in under 100 days. An impressive achievement for any leader.
Organizational skills alone don't make you a great leader

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #531 on: June 06, 2017, 11:37:08 pm »
He was great strategist, a sound tactician and a good leader. But, he was also a pretty damned good politician. Then again, you don't make it beyond Colonel without being one. He made General at an impossibly early age.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

|Viper|

« Reply #532 on: June 06, 2017, 11:58:31 pm »
Napoleon  :)

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
« Reply #533 on: June 07, 2017, 09:30:57 am »
He was great strategist, a sound tactician and a good leader. But, he was also a pretty damned good politician. Then again, you don't make it beyond Colonel without being one. He made General at an impossibly early age.
I agree.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #534 on: June 07, 2017, 09:37:53 am »
irish

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
« Reply #535 on: June 07, 2017, 09:39:10 am »
He is gone now, no?

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #536 on: June 07, 2017, 04:28:55 pm »

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
« Reply #537 on: June 07, 2017, 04:32:31 pm »
Great Colonel Of 17e Pieter

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #538 on: June 07, 2017, 04:43:38 pm »
I personally really liked Diplex because he was funny and we all really wanted to impress him so everyone was constantly GF'ing and dueling to improve for the the YT stardom.

I also really enjoyed Karth because the old school LB's we used to have with the 3eVolt were some serious affairs.. alongside Tico. I don't really think anyone I know today can match those two's demeanor and lowkey use of trash talk and banter during LB's. Great guys
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #539 on: June 07, 2017, 04:54:26 pm »
did i really turn this historical discussion into a NW related one