Author Topic: Ickworth House 12/04-13/04  (Read 6621 times)

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
  • Heres to the bloody fighting 95th
    • View Profile
  • Nick: its_barnesy_bitches
  • Side: Confederacy
Ickworth House 12/04-13/04
« on: April 10, 2014, 09:12:38 pm »
So Who's actually going?

Comment or something below if you are, and who you're going with?

I'll be there with the Third Battalion 95th Rifles
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"
Aww thanks Cenkris for those kind words
Ex Leader of the 15th Rifle Detachment

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
  • Side: Union
Re: Ickworth House 12/04-13/04
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 09:14:08 pm »
I'm going with 21eme Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne, spent 2 and a half hours today polishing my shako brass.

Offline UhtredskaerAlsoMilky

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Gren_CplFo_Uhtredskaer (Milky)
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 11:09:51 pm »
I'll be there with a 21e too, attempting breach the gates and set up camp 3 hours early.

Admittedly probably should have started sewing the hooks and eyes on my jacket slightly earlier than now. Nevermind.

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 08:32:30 pm »
Just got back from Ickworth house, an all in all great first event back with the French making up for our lack of numbers with our bright spirit. And some shouting and singing!

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

The French soldats lie dead, but our senior Soldat manages to shoot dead British General Wagg!
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 11:51:58 am »
Nice pics!
Aside from being a bit sunburnt that was a smashing event. A bit eventful on our part but really good fun.
Friday night one of our officers tents caught fire accidental which we put out really quickly, so no damage done.
Saturday we captured your flag (or rather I captured it!)
And then Sunday we had a pretty decent battle, apart from one of our rocket launchers getting blown up as a rocket failed to launch!
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 12:04:44 pm »
You caught the bird? I presume that was a scripted event?  :P

Offline UhtredskaerAlsoMilky

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Gren_CplFo_Uhtredskaer (Milky)
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 12:10:04 pm »
You only captured it through trickery, we thought you were all dead. My nose and back of neck are glowing red, and the smell of those toilets was horrific. But all in all, a pretty fun event.

I thought that the rifles conscription those scouts was a tad unfair, we could have used them as frenchmen, we were already outnumbered by riflemen, let alone redcoats.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 12:11:35 pm »
What's it with those Rifles anyway. I've seen three different groups; Those with 1801 shakos, those with Belgians and a group in fatigues with forage caps?

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 01:29:29 pm »
There was a skirmish event on the Saturday where both sides had to capture each other's flags (not eagles or colours, just random nation flags)

I'm still confused over the skirmish though since we were told the guys who captured our flag had died or that we'd also gotten a flag, I dunno but it was really fun, especially a charge the 21e did into the rear of the 44th after they crossed the ford.

One thing that went wrong on the Sunday's battle was that we were told us French were going to be killing all the redcoats that came into the battle first, but when it came to it, they wouldn't die...and the highlanders and other British units who were coming in after them apparently didn't get much action at all seemingly because they were waiting for the first redcoats to die.
What was your guys perspective of that Barnsey?

The rifle battalion that joined us as Frenchmen on Sunday (can't remember if it was the 2nd or 3rd) did a good effort trying to be French, even singing La Marseillaise, even though it was banned xD

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 02:05:00 pm »
Why is singing "La Marseillaise" banned?
In my opinion the best thing to sing as a french reenactor since its very military orientated..
Since its still the current french anthem, I don't see any reason to ban it?

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 02:28:43 pm »
Why is singing "La Marseillaise" banned?
In my opinion the best thing to sing as a french reenactor since its very military orientated..
Since its still the current french anthem, I don't see any reason to ban it?

It was banned by Napoleon in the day, its not banned in reenactment per say but reenactors don't generally sing it when reenacting the Empire because La Marseillaise was banned by Napoleon because it was too "revolutionary".

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 07:08:52 pm »
There was a skirmish event on the Saturday where both sides had to capture each other's flags (not eagles or colours, just random nation flags)

I'm still confused over the skirmish though since we were told the guys who captured our flag had died or that we'd also gotten a flag, I dunno but it was really fun, especially a charge the 21e did into the rear of the 44th after they crossed the ford.

One thing that went wrong on the Sunday's battle was that we were told us French were going to be killing all the redcoats that came into the battle first, but when it came to it, they wouldn't die...and the highlanders and other British units who were coming in after them apparently didn't get much action at all seemingly because they were waiting for the first redcoats to die.
What was your guys perspective of that Barnsey?

The rifle battalion that joined us as Frenchmen on Sunday (can't remember if it was the 2nd or 3rd) did a good effort trying to be French, even singing La Marseillaise, even though it was banned xD
Sundays battle was shite for us. We waited about 10 years to enter the battle cause of B Divisions inability to die on cue. The highlight was watching the rocket launcher explode!

Saturday was different all around. I really enjoyed it. Anyone who got killed got the opportunity to rejoin slightly later. The French did apparently get to the British flag but broke the rules as only 3 men got to it and to get to it managed to fight through all the redcoats and a battery of cannon so they were told no. As mr T said it wasn't actually a cuckoo and it was the objective of the action to capture and present the flag to the commander/marshals.

On another note my baby was a right little bitch this weekend. I ended up tap loading cause the frizzen needs hardening and so I wasn't getting great sparks!

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 07:23:12 pm »
Aha! Thought those Redcoats were meant to die!
Sunday was good for the French in terms of that we got to do a lot of shouting and singing, singing usually started by me :D

I had a depot Charleville through the weekend, Saturday the flint worked fine for the first volleys but it started not working proper when we started skirming, so eventually I just took a hit and died dramatically. Highlight of Saturday was definitely the charge we made into the back of the 44th, we got a lot of them and lost quite a few of us (though we were told to get back up immediately because there were so few French). It was funny because this weekend there were 5 of us between 15 and 20 and on Saturday when we charged the 44th, one of the Sergeants who was sort of standing around for some reason exclaimed "By God! They're boys!"

#conscriptpower

On the Sunday though, after adjusting my Charleville's flint it fired nearly every single shot in the battle.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:59:23 am by Mr T »

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 11:47:25 am »
It's weird cause after playing up so much on saturday my baker worked fine on the sunday, only misfiring once. But cause I'd decided to tap load after the day before, it was easy enough to clean!

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 11:50:40 am »
You only captured it through trickery, we thought you were all dead. My nose and back of neck are glowing red, and the smell of those toilets was horrific. But all in all, a pretty fun event.

I thought that the rifles conscription those scouts was a tad unfair, we could have used them as frenchmen, we were already outnumbered by riflemen, let alone redcoats.

You realise they didn't go anywhere near the battlefield though right?