Author Topic: {AZW} 57th West Middlesex British Regiment of foot (Recruiting) "Die Hards"  (Read 10514 times)

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skipper
  • Side: Neutral
57th West Middlesex

The regiment started out as the 59th Regiment of Foot raised in Gloucester in 1755. After the disbandment of the 50th Regiment of Foot and the 51st Regiment of Foot in 1756, it became the 57th Regiment of Foot. In 1782, it was given a county connection, becoming the "57th (the West Middlesex) Regiment of Foot".
The 57th Regiment earned their nickname of "the Die Hards" after their participation in the Battle of Albuera, one of the bloodiest battles of the Peninsular War, fought on the 16 May 1811. The commanding officer of the 57th, Colonel Inglis, was struck down by a charge of canister shot which hit him in the neck and left breast. He refused to be carried to the rear for treatment, but lay in front of his men calling on them to hold their position and when the fight reached its fiercest cried, "Die hard the 57th, die hard!". The casualties of the 57th were 422 out of the 570 men in the ranks and 20 out of the 30 officers. The Allied commander of the Anglo-Portuguese force Field Marshal Beresford wrote in his dispatch, "our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment, were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front".".
The 57th arrived in New South Wales during 1826 serving at Van Diemens Land, Sydney, Victoria South Australia and the Swan River colony. The regiment was transferred to Madras in March, 1831. In 1881 it was united with the 77th (East Middlesex) Regiment of Foot to form The Middlesex Regiment.
Its regimental marches were 'Sir Manley Power' (quick) and 'Caledonian' (slow).

The 126th Regiment of foot, presents to you the 57th regiment of foot for the anglo-zulu mod.

Application
Name(Username):
Steam:
Maturity: Scale to 1-10
Will you be active?:

Ranks:
Spoiler
Officers:
Colonel
Major
Captain
Leftennant

NCO's:
Sergeant
Corporal

Rankers:
Veteran
Regular
Guard
Private
Recruit
[close]

If you are interested in joining 126th or 57th then please add aceskipper1 on steam

There are 2 Battalions, 1st Battalion consists of all 126th and anyone else who joins, 2nd Battalion is a Polish Battalion who have lesser priority
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:49:22 pm by [126th] Col.Skipper »
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline Caesar15

• Sergeant
  • For crown and country!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Good luck fellow Soldier!

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
Good luck fellow Soldier!

And you, and you
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline Caesar15

• Sergeant
  • For crown and country!
    • View Profile
I like how your application is the exact same as mine :p

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile

I needed inspiration xD

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
There's a fine line between getting inspiration from and copying something...

Good luck otherwise. :)

Kielbasa!

Offline Caesar15

• Sergeant
  • For crown and country!
    • View Profile

I needed inspiration xD

(: Haha, it's totally fine, good luck again!

There's a fine line between getting inspiration from and copying something...

Good luck otherwise. :)

Indeed there is.

Offline Stunned Lime

• Major
  • Hella O's
    • View Profile
Good Luck Skipper ;)

Stubbs

Best of luck!

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
And most regiments starting up nowadays fail, luckily you got 126th xD
December 1st - Jaunuary 1st
Skipper commenting on the 59th disbandment, they were around 3x as long.

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
And most regiments starting up nowadays fail, luckily you got 126th xD
December 1st - Jaunuary 1st
Skipper commenting on the 59th disbandment, they were around 3x as long.

A few things to note from this, 1.  You did not show full post, i was saying most regiments are failing to start up, in response to a comment saying all the big regiments are disbanding or something, 2. i was advertising my regiment to make it bigger, wouldn't you? 3. we are new and growing every day, 4. Why did you post this on a zulu mod regiment page?

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
Sorry to interject, but I think the overarching question is, "Why is a Zulu mod regiment page up on the NW Regiment board when the mod isn't even out yet? Why is is here in the first place in fact?"

Kielbasa!

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
Sorry to interject, but I think the overarching question is, "Why is a Zulu mod regiment page up on the NW Regiment board when the mod isn't even out yet? Why is is here in the first place in fact?"

I was told to do this but the mod makers, i am not the only regiment

Offline CHARLES111MAC

• Second Lieutenant
  • The fighting Pug !!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Charles_MacDonald
  • Side: Confederacy
The alpha is out and this is were we make the regimental threads just put the tags in and we are fine ;)

“The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes”  Adolf Hitler