Author Topic: Royal Canadian Regiment *NA-EU*  (Read 5358 times)

Offline TheBritishLoyalist

• Sergeant
  • A traitor is someone who does not agree with me
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 90th Perth *NA-EU*
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 01:05:54 am »
Still in 93rd as a Major ;) and Colonel of the 71st Highland Light Infantry for Blood & Iron, so yes I am sticking to Scottish and Highlander regiments :P

Wait. What? There was never a Major rank in the 93rd, that is, in mine...
Stefiboys 93rd Sutherland Highlanders, Major Hugh Campbell

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 01:11:22 am »
Huh... you weren't in my 93rd? That must have been a different "BritishLoyalist", then... you never played Battlegrounds 2?

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 02:07:50 am »
Huh... you weren't in my 93rd? That must have been a different "BritishLoyalist", then... you never played Battlegrounds 2?
never played Battlegrounds 2, only Battlegrounds 1942

Offline Viktor 90th

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 11:47:21 am »
Reply to:
does not make sense...
if the regiment is inactive and the thread is locked why should I have to name change?
Ive had to make millions of name changes before but they were active and had a open thread,
explain more why I must change for a regiment which pretty much is closed?

Firstly, the regiment is not inactive, the unit specified for Anglo-Zulu is partially.
Secondly, We have an open thread, admittedly it needs updating but it is linked in the last post of the Anglo Zulu Specific thread.

lastly, If you have already had to make "millions" of name changes in the past, what's another one?
i believe this is licked: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=3137.0
you said in your other post your regiment is inactive
[close]
The full thread was consolidated with our NW thread, for the sake of forum space.

Once again, for those hard of reading.
The Regiment is active

With the current state of affairs for Anglo-Zulu It's difficult to attend events, as most are hosted at the time for NW events.

Refusing to change names is effectively spitting in the face of a regiment which has been around for almost three years.
for the cause of common logical discussion I am trying not to be personal about this matter.

It's also worth noting had I not been quite busy over the period I commited to working on Anglo-Zulu I would have been helping in it's development.

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 02:51:27 pm »
Viktor's 90th are not inactive, have a post on the end of their "locked" topic directing people to the "active" one where they can be contacted.

Precedent in this case has been that the "newer" regiment may keep the name IF They substantially differentiate both their Forum Thread and In-Game tags from that of the other.
E.g if Viktor were to have "90th Perthshire Regiment of foot" with tags 90th_Rank_Name
You could go with something along the lines of 90thFoot_Rank_Name for your tags and obviously just a significantly different name for your forum thread.

Obviously it is simpler for everyone involved if you have a unique regiment number all together as it prevents confusion between your regiments, the perception of your regiments by other parties etc. E.g if one regiments guys decided to quit an event and trolled, that event organiser could very easily take action against members of both regiments in the confusion.

I personally recommend you find a new regiment to portray, it ensures both you and your members are not "unfairly penalised" for something someone else does, it prevents confusion in the community at large and it prevents arguments.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 03:08:15 pm »
Viktor's 90th are not inactive, have a post on the end of their "locked" topic directing people to the "active" one where they can be contacted.

Precedent in this case has been that the "newer" regiment may keep the name IF They substantially differentiate both their Forum Thread and In-Game tags from that of the other.
E.g if Viktor were to have "90th Perthshire Regiment of foot" with tags 90th_Rank_Name
You could go with something along the lines of 90thFoot_Rank_Name for your tags and obviously just a significantly different name for your forum thread.

Obviously it is simpler for everyone involved if you have a unique regiment number all together as it prevents confusion between your regiments, the perception of your regiments by other parties etc. E.g if one regiments guys decided to quit an event and trolled, that event organiser could very easily take action against members of both regiments in the confusion.

I personally recommend you find a new regiment to portray, it ensures both you and your members are not "unfairly penalised" for something someone else does, it prevents confusion in the community at large and it prevents arguments.
fine ill make it a Canadian regiment than just because i am and i can

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Canadian Regiment *NA-EU*
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 03:26:26 pm »
Would you like me to clean up the thread for you and your new start?

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Canadian Regiment *NA-EU*
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 06:51:32 pm »
Would you like me to clean up the thread for you and your new start?
yes please