Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 76752 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2018, 10:41:37 am »
Intel is better for gaming ofc, but as I need performance for uni (engineering/mathematics programs) I´ve read that 2600x is the better way to go. As price said it´s more or less equal to a 8600k. I´m not sure if it´s worth to get an i7 or a better graphic card. That set up is said to be able to perform every actual game on high settings with good fps.. idk
I was talking to Herishey about him buying his new PC, what you should really do is scrap the idea of getting a 1060 and just buy a 2nd hand 980Ti for the same ish Price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASUS-GEFORCE-GTX-980TI-STRIX-GAMING-GPU-GRAPHICS-CARD/223019600764?hash=item33ed010b7c:g:NN0AAOSwo5lbJBAI

Thats what I sent him, if you think about it, a 1060 will run new games on medium with maybe a few high settings depending on what you play, 980Ti runs every game at max settings 60fps on 1080p for a cheaper price. Yes its second hand but the 1100 series cards will be coming out at the end/early next year so the price of newer cards will drop.

Theres like 10 listings on Ebay in europe for like £200, when you consider I bought my 980 (Original, Ti is 15% faster) on release for £799, which still runs all games at max @1080 thats a fucking bargain.

So in reality, if you spend the £70 that you save from getting a 980Ti second hand over a 1060 which is shit, you can get a fantastic GFX card and an i7 8700k.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2018, 12:37:53 pm »
This is what I'd decided on after speaking with El Chriseh (some parts aren't specific yet);

Case - Antec p110 luce
Motherboard - Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING 1151 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
Processor - Intel - 8700k i7
RAM - DIMM 16 GB DDR4-2800, memory x2
Graphics Card - Nvidia GTX 980ti
PSU - 650w Corsair
Hard Drive - 500GB SSD
Optical Drive - SATA Blueray ROM.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 03:12:39 pm by Herishey »
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2018, 03:06:22 pm »
This is what I'd decided on after speaking with El Chriseh (some parts aren't specific yet);

Case - Antec p110 luce
PSU - 650w Corsair
Hard Drive - 500GB SSD
Optical Drive - SATA Blueray ROM. - £50

whats the overall costs?
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2018, 03:15:02 pm »

Case - Antec p110 luce
PSU - 650w Corsair
Hard Drive - 500GB SSD
Optical Drive - SATA Blueray ROM. - £50

whats the overall costs?
Can't remember exactly but like £1000-1250 I imagine (building not pre-made).
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2018, 03:57:07 pm »
I spent 2k on mine when that GFX card was new, to buy my PC now would cost like 700 feelsbadman, its only 3 and a bit years old

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2018, 04:15:54 pm »
I think my calculations based on what we discussed was around £1350 but that's without taking into account some bundles I can get.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2018, 10:04:12 pm »
I think my calculations based on what we discussed was around £1350 but that's without taking into account some bundles I can get.
I think that will be enough to run Warband on max graphics. Also the quiz games you play.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2018, 10:06:53 pm »
Thats a hard oof right there @Herishey

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 18, 2018, 10:18:18 pm »
I am partial to some quiz games.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 19, 2018, 06:40:48 pm »
I am partial to some quiz games.
Me too I think those videos are the best.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2018, 06:47:44 pm »
So do the other 10 people who watch them

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2018, 08:43:56 pm »
So do the other 10 people who watch them
9 more than watch any of ur vids!

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2018, 08:45:43 pm »
I'm quite sceptical of getting second hand GPU. Or are they selling them refurnished?
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 19, 2018, 08:49:24 pm »
I'm quite sceptical of getting second hand GPU. Or are they selling them refurnished?

+1
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 19, 2018, 09:13:00 pm »
As long as they werent used for Bitcoin mining there is no reason to be skeptical. Now, if it was a CPU thats a different story. Most people take a GPU as it is and stick it in their PC without doing any aftermarket changes. As most GPU's come with great coolers including the NVidia stock one, its the PC part that is the least prone to wear overtime due to like dust etc. if someone hasn't kept their PC well cooled. However something like a CPU and RAM can eventually have problems.

Not to mention even if you spend 200 on a 980Ti and it lasts you 2 years, thats worth it in my opinion. I bought my 680 second hand and it lasted me 2 and a half years.

Also refurbished means nothing. If a card is damaged internally then its damaged. Refurbishing would be to change the shroud, clean it etc. Like buying a refurbished Laptop, they would replace the keyboard, maybe the screen if need be then thats it.