Author Topic: Custom Welcome Messaged  (Read 1358 times)

Offline MrRebellion

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Custom Welcome Messaged
« on: October 13, 2017, 10:57:48 pm »
Hello! I am looking for a script which says in chat "Hello [User] Welcome to 56th 'West Essex' Regiment Of Foot Server" Could anyone please either help me find this script of guide me on how to make it myself.

The script is used by the "groupfighting" server.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Custom Welcome Messaged
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 01:02:26 am »
There might be one posted in this board somewhere if you look for it.   

otherwise look for where the player joins in the scripts file.  Then write some code to save their username and unique id, store the string then send it.(dont forget to make the string)  how you send it is up to you.  i personally hate the spam some servers have when they are full, showing 357202384 messages on the start of a new map.    so i went with a way to send it to the player only, so they can read it easier, and less spam on the server.   

of course, i hope in the next week or 2 i can get the patch out, which has a welcome message built in.  Then people can use that.   
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline 1steivn_cas

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Welcome Messaged
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 05:03:55 pm »
it's in strings.txt and all the way at the bottom, for you it would be

str_welcome_message_server Hello_{s3}_Welcome_to_56th_"West_Essex"_Regiment_Of_Foot_Server.