Author Topic: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)  (Read 282202 times)

Offline Tharan

• Donator
  • Owner of Sheb Kebab.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)
« Reply #1005 on: June 11, 2015, 08:11:11 pm »
Why does everyone hate Jamie for killing the mad king.
Like seriously, if he had not of killed him the war could of gone on for longer.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1006 on: June 11, 2015, 08:25:38 pm »
Because regicide is one of the worst offenses in westeros, especially considering Jaime was a member of his kingsguard and technically on his side. So betrayal, regicide, breaking of his oaths under the seven. Sounds pretty bad to me. The only reason he wasn't executed immediately after is because the side that won benefitted from it.

Also keep in mind that not everyone in westeros supported Robert's rebellion. The Tyrells and Martells were allied with the Targaryans and the common people weren't really effected by Aerys' madness and didn't care too much for a war which Robert started and was responsible for, as far as they were concerned.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:30:49 pm by Nipplestockings »

Offline Tharan

• Donator
  • Owner of Sheb Kebab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 11, 2015, 08:29:01 pm »
Tbf Jamie is the one of the most realistic characters, knowing that honour means shit when innocent people are threatened

Where as everyone is too concerned with honour.

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1008 on: June 11, 2015, 10:33:18 pm »
Tbf Jamie is the one of the most realistic characters, knowing that honour means shit when innocent people are threatened

Where as everyone is too concerned with honour.
Yeah, people in GoT are so honorable, they backstab each other all the time (literally).
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #1009 on: June 11, 2015, 11:36:22 pm »
“People work together when it suits them. They’re loyal when it suits them. Love each other when it suits them. And they kill each other when it suits them. She knows it, you don’t. Which is why you’ll never hold onto her.” - Orell

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #1010 on: June 13, 2015, 04:01:01 am »
I'm pretty sure the only character I can say I still 100% like is Bronn and Jon Snow

Except, one of these guys ain't lasting much longer

Another episode longer to be precise
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Fungus

• Major
  • The original shrigma male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jr Pet Detective Fungus
« Reply #1011 on: June 13, 2015, 05:04:03 am »
I'm pretty sure the only character I can say I still 100% like is Bronn and Jon Snow

Except, one of these guys ain't lasting much longer

Another episode longer to be precise
Spoiler
Nah jon snow will get battered for sure during the rebellion at Castle black, but he wont die. He'll be at deaths door then all of a sudden he'll realise he is a warg and the series will end there.
Cuz as stated above, there is no way in hell the writers would kill off Jon, regardless if it is indeed in GRRM's plans
[close]
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #1012 on: June 13, 2015, 10:38:18 pm »
Me.

I hope he conquers the Iron Throne. But that won't happen because I like him. George R.R. Martin will surely kill him in the next episode.

People who say this are fucking retarded
*calls people retarded for liking a certain character in a TV show simply because it's not a character that he likes.

Also Stannis is the one true king, he may not be a good man, but he's a man that puts the needs of the many over the needs of the few. He is willing to fight and sacrifice to protect the realm because lets face it. Tommen will not be able to defeat the Others (white walkers), he is no warrior king, stannis however is. That is what the realm needs, a warrior king.

Lol. I was referring to "I like this character, too bad Gurm is gonna kill them1!1!1!111"
Pointy stick champion

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 13, 2015, 10:41:55 pm »
Yeah. Mostly said by people who haven't read the books and don't understand the significance or rationale behind various character deaths.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #1014 on: June 13, 2015, 10:50:12 pm »
Spoiler
I didn't read Dance of Dragons but I had 95% of it spoiled for me. I'm walking that nice line of knowing what happens before it does and blissful ignorance

Anyways, I heard in the books the Nights Watch goes Caesar on Jon's ass am when the Widlings are coming through...is this true?
[close]
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 13, 2015, 10:50:48 pm »
Me.

I hope he conquers the Iron Throne. But that won't happen because I like him. George R.R. Martin will surely kill him in the next episode.

People who say this are fucking retarded
*calls people retarded for liking a certain character in a TV show simply because it's not a character that he likes.

Also Stannis is the one true king, he may not be a good man, but he's a man that puts the needs of the many over the needs of the few. He is willing to fight and sacrifice to protect the realm because lets face it. Tommen will not be able to defeat the Others (white walkers), he is no warrior king, stannis however is. That is what the realm needs, a warrior king.

Lol. I was referring to "I like this character, too bad Gurm is gonna kill them1!1!1!111"
Yeah. Mostly said by people who haven't read the books and don't understand the significance or rationale behind various character deaths.
I have read book 1-4. And what I said was of course a joke. Do you believe I think that George R.R. Martin can look into my brain? Do you actually assume I'm that stupid?

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 13, 2015, 10:53:34 pm »
Spoiler
I didn't read Dance of Dragons but I had 95% of it spoiled for me. I'm walking that nice line of knowing what happens before it does and blissful ignorance

Anyways, I heard in the books the Nights Watch goes Caesar on Jon's ass am when the Widlings are coming through...is this true?
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, and in all likelihood it's probably gonna happen in the finale tomorrow. Prepare your bunghole
[close]

I have read book 1-4. And what I said was of course a joke. Do you believe I think that George R.R. Martin can look into my brain? Do you actually assume I'm that stupid?

I didn't know it was you who said but - I'm mainly talking in general since it does seem to be a pretty widespread belief that every good character is going to end up dying.

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: June 13, 2015, 10:55:06 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, and in all likelihood it's probably gonna happen in the finale tomorrow. Prepare your bunghole
[close]

I didn't know it was you who said but - I'm mainly talking in general since it does seem to be a pretty widespread belief that every good character is going to end up dying.
No, I don't think that. But many do.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #1018 on: June 13, 2015, 11:01:56 pm »
I don't know if you believe it, I'm just really tired of people saying it.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Tharan

• Donator
  • Owner of Sheb Kebab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 14, 2015, 12:15:31 am »
What if what we all think will happen next episode does not happen and something no one expects happens?