Author Topic: ⚜️ NBL | Napoleonic Battle League | Season 1 ⚜️  (Read 6301 times)

Offline Powerfighter2

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Forum des 2 Leibregiments
  • Nick: Powerfighter2
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ⚜️ NBL | Napoleonic Battle League | Season 1 ⚜️
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2021, 12:31:38 pm »

NBL official admin statement 13.01.2021 Gardekorps vs Rockstars

I think we all agree that Wednesday wasn't the best-administrated event, but now I have to say something, because people think now, they can blame me/us for no reason. I will say something to every point Martin said, and then move on to Retamar.

1. Its right that we balanced you down and one line of Gardekorps didn't appear. But first, I have to say something to the point, that the admins only reffed for 2Lr side. The admin team concept is the following: You have 4 admins, 2 admins of each team. And the admins are looking at the other team, they do not come from. But in important questions, we still work together. Same it was yesterday. The decisions we made, especially with balancing was accepted by your admins. The admins came from your team, you could have chosen anyone, you chose them so you have to accept their opinion. The fact that 55th had to go into the spec, was not only a decision for balancing but they were not signed up for Wednesday. On Tuesday Rayleigh (55th colonel) and I met on TeamSpeak because he wanted to join the NBL. I had an agreement with him, that he has to ask the other officers, because usually we wanted to play with 3 lines and he would have been the 4th and that, if they agree, start NEXT WEEK. Rayleigh accepted that agreement and told me, that they even wouldn't be there this Wednesday (13.01) because they have another event. But without telling me Rayleigh appeared yesterday. Because the balance was really bad, I send him and his men home, because he wasn't signed up for this match.

2. I already talked with Retamar and Martin about this. It was the first match for every admin (except myself) to reff with these rules. And I said that the decision with the general was a fault, but I can't change the past.

3. We never harassed anyone. We just tried our best to administrated this event. In your video, you can see that the guy next to the guy who is filming do fic. Maybe I slew the wrong guy, but one of the lines who did FIC. Also, some guys started insulting in the allchat so we said: allchat is only allowed to officers. I think it's clear that we slay people who think that they don't have to follow such admin announcements. The second thing is the scene with the teamkills. You "perfectly" cut it that way that the viewer only sees massive randomly teamkilling but not the admin reaction. We temp banned the guy and revived EVERYONE WHO WAS TEAMKILLED, even the guy who is filming. I don't want to say much to the video. I have humour at the beginning is funny, but the rest is hilarious. Who thinks that he knows how the event was, after watching the video is wrong. Who really wants do know it was, has to watch the full linebattle: https://www.twitch.tv/ac4ill3s/video/872327711.

In the end, I want to say that we did mistakes yesterday. But that's normal for humans. And it's normal for humans to learn from mistakes. We learned a lot from Wednesday. We reworked and added rules to make the event better for everyone. And it's really sad Retamar that you think I just wanted that you leave fast. I really agreed to you and accepted that I wasn't right in some situations. That's why we reworked rules. And why we don't slew people of your team? Because the admins of your team were doing that (pretty well). After the match also Gardekorps members came to me and told me that I treated they unfair, so both sides had decisions they didn't agree with.

I am just disappointed that 73e don't want to give us a 2nd chance with other admins after we changed a lot but just wants to blame us at many places as possible (fse, youtube). Wednesday wasn't a good event, but now we are moving forward. The other both teams had a lot of fun (they told me that) and I am sure that Gardekorps and Rockstars will have fun next Wednesday as well. Thank you to everybody who read until here and I wish you a good day!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 06:51:51 pm by Powerfighter2 »

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2021, 12:51:28 pm »
Spoiler

I think we all agree that Wednesday wasn't the best-administrated event, but now I have to say something, because people think now, they can blame me/us for no reason. I will say something to every point Martin said, and then move on to Retamar.

1. Its right that we balanced you down and one line of Gardekorps didn't appear. But first, I have to say something to the point, that the admins only reffed for 2Lr side. The admin team concept is the following: You have 4 admins, 2 admins of each team. And the admins are looking at the other team, they do not come from. But in important questions, we still work together. Same it was yesterday. The decisions we made, especially with balancing was accepted by your admins. The admins came from your team, you could have chosen anyone, you chose them so you have to accept their opinion. The fact that 55th had to go into the spec, was not only a decision for balancing but they were not signed up for Wednesday. On Tuesday Rayleigh (55th colonel) and I met on TeamSpeak because he wanted to join the NBL. I had an agreement with him, that he has to ask the other officers, because usually we wanted to play with 3 lines and he would have been the 4th and that, if they agree, start NEXT WEEK. Rayleigh accepted that agreement and told me, that they even wouldn't be there this Wednesday (13.01) because they have another event. But without telling me Rayleigh appeared yesterday. Because the balance was really bad, I send him and his men home, because he wasn't signed up for this match.

2. I already talked with Retamar and Martin about this. It was the first match for every admin (except myself) to reff with these rules. And I said that the decision with the general was a fault, but I can't change the past.

3. We never harassed anyone. We just tried our best to administrated this event. In your video, you can see that the guy next to the guy who is filming do fic. Maybe I slew the wrong guy, but one of the lines who did FIC. Also, some guys started insulting in the allchat so we said: allchat is only allowed to officers. I think it's clear that we slay people who think that they don't have to follow such admin announcements. The second thing is the scene with the teamkills. You "perfectly" cut it that way that the viewer only sees massive randomly teamkilling but not the admin reaction. We temp banned the guy and revived EVERYONE WHO WAS TEAMKILLED, even the guy who is filming. I don't want to say much to the video. I have humour at the beginning is funny, but the rest is hilarious. Who thinks that he knows how the event was, after watching the video is wrong. Who really wants do know it was, has to watch the full linebattle: https://www.twitch.tv/ac4ill3s/video/872327711.

In the end, I want to say that we did mistakes yesterday. But that's normal for humans. And it's normal for humans to learn from mistakes. We learned a lot from Wednesday. We reworked and added rules to make the event better for everyone. And it's really sad Retamar that you think I just wanted that you leave fast. I really agreed to you and accepted that I wasn't right in some situations. That's why we reworked rules. And why we don't slew people of your team? Because the admins of your team were doing that (pretty well). After the match also Gardekorps members came to me and told me that I treated they unfair, so both sides had decisions they didn't agree with.

I am just disappointed that 73e don't want to give us a 2nd chance with other admins after we changed a lot but just wants to blame us at many places as possible (fse, youtube). Wednesday wasn't a good event, but now we are moving forward. The other both teams had a lot of fun (they told me that) and I am sure that Gardekorps and Rockstars will have fun next Wednesday as well. Thank you to everybody who read until here and I wish you a good day!

[close]

Recent studies showed that a large font on a long text does not affect the validity of the arguments.

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2021, 12:59:46 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

Recent studies showed that a large font on a long text does not affect the validity of the arguments.

don't really proof your point writing a small-sized one-liner :P

jokes aside

I'm 100% with most of you guys that wednesday event was hilarious

We are happy that most of you had high expectations, as we always try to meet them. We sadly didn't meet them two days ago. The admin staff hopefully learnt from their mistakes, and as Powerfighter already said, next week will be better.
We got hosts of other events aswell in the regiment (such as Caz and me) which can help with our expertise.

Pls don't treat this as a 2Lr statment, as it's simply my opinion that it's only natural mistakes are made and they hopefully improve

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2021, 01:06:53 pm »
Have the people in the posted steam chats agreed to have them posted? If not remove them.

Offline retamar2

• First Sergeant
  • Banned!
  • NEVER SURRENDER
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retamar
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2021, 02:00:14 pm »

Let's begin this once more , cause it seems that what we talked yesterday , came to nothing but dw i will repeat.

First the revive it was logic , and i will say more it was revive cause your team (The german team) did FiC during the mele , there were 2 options. 1 slay the guy who did fic or 2 revive , so there you were following the rules, but what i will not accept is the fact of : " We are very good adminstaff cause we revived people who got FIC" then let's continue about what martin or the 73e did. You said it was an act of "blame" to you , i see it as the reality of what the wednesday event was. An event with BAD ADMINISTRATION, you want to tell me the excuse of we had "New admins" well you had pretty different options to fix that before the match what ever , i will still saying that this administration is not competent.  I know it is hard to accept it but if u are saying or u are using the excuse of "new admins" there are many good admins out there , there are many options to fix that before the match arrives, but what is not acceptable is saying that after the match.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 02:13:56 pm by retamar2 »

Offline ArtOfKilling

• Colonel
  • 16th Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2021, 02:14:08 pm »
I would understand the argument of *new admins* as an excuse for a casual event. Not so much for a *competitive tournament*.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2021, 02:15:47 pm »
This isn't a competitive tournament, right?

Offline retamar2

• First Sergeant
  • Banned!
  • NEVER SURRENDER
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retamar
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2021, 02:20:03 pm »

it supposed to be

Skaen

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2021, 02:25:28 pm »
Martin, that video was glorious hahahahhahaha.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2021, 02:28:55 pm »
Alekko knowing you from the NWWC Hosting, im terribly sorry you were treated by the 2lr the way you were. You (and the Rest of the community) Deserve better
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 02:45:49 pm by Cazasar »
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2021, 02:39:14 pm »
Justice for Alekko!
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2021, 02:57:35 pm »
Holy crap guys, this is a shitty hosted LINEBATTLE. Maximum it is a nice addition to count points and have changing opponents, not more.  If you wanna have another Tournament in a format like this wait for the next NWBC. Kincaid nailed every Tournament he ever did so I am confident you will enjoy it.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2021, 03:13:37 pm »

it supposed to be

Yeah but it's not in the competitive board and the rules are clearly geared towards a typical german casual event (generals for example). Also, the fact that its a weekly wednesday event rather than a league where teams have to arrange matches themselves gives it more of a casual character.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2021, 03:19:56 pm »

it supposed to be

Yeah but it's not in the competitive board and the rules are clearly geared towards a typical german casual event (generals for example). Also, the fact that its a weekly wednesday event rather than a league where teams have to arrange matches themselves gives it more of a casual character.
I honestly believe that this stems from the inexperience of the hosts and not their intentions.
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline ArtOfKilling

• Colonel
  • 16th Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2021, 03:25:13 pm »

it supposed to be

This was one of our main reasons we decided against this, a fixed wednesday doesnt make sense.