Author Topic: ⚜️ NBL | Napoleonic Battle League | Season 1 ⚜️  (Read 6303 times)

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ⚜️ NBL | Napoleonic Battle League | Season 1 ⚜️
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2021, 11:26:24 pm »
45thN prolly cried to 15th to finally get a gold medal. Sad that's their first win is this rdm tourny :/

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 11:47:40 pm »
45thN prolly cried to 15th to finally get a gold medal. Sad that's their first win is this rdm tourny :/

How did they find out?!  ;D
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Twinkiee

• Second Lieutenant
  • 8th_Huss_Cdt_*~Twinkiee~*
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2021, 01:37:14 am »
It's not a tournament, because we're not in it.
lol.

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2021, 08:43:18 am »
haha you fucking legend.

Let them have something chien.

Offline Grela

• First Lieutenant
  • "The lion from the north"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CI_5toReg_Cpt_Grela
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2021, 02:54:01 pm »
It's not a tournament, because we're not in it.

+1 HAHAHA

JSC 2013-2015 (Fus) | 64RegGal 2016-2018 (Col)| 1erBG 2018-2020(Col) | 5to 2020 (Cpt)

Offline MartinCZ

• Second Lieutenant
  • Proud Colonel of the 73e Régiment d'Infanterie
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Martin
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2021, 11:42:53 pm »
NBL Complaint by 73e/ Official statement

I am sorry to write such a wall of text, but it is necessary. The NBL match organized yesterday (13.1.2021) was so awful I cannot stay quiet. I have not seen such a poorly organized competition for a long time. Let me summarize what went wrong.

1) You have “The Napoleonic Battle league is a competitive League” written on your FSE thread. Since you claim it is a competitive environment, it is understood you should have enough capable and impartial admins to moderate the battle, preferably not players of the regiment currently in battle. I have to complain that the behaviour of 2Lr admin yesterday was less than satisfactory – dare I say completely biased.

In most competitive environments, it falls upon the regiment itself to be responsible and come on time. If any regiment fails to come or to bring enough players, it is not up to the opponent to be penalized or hindered. One line from the Gardecorps team was missing yesterday, effectively forcing our entire 55th line regiment into spectators. At one point, there were above 20 people waiting in the spectator, just because an opponent did not bring enough people. Since it was not taken so seriously, why could not our 55th default to the second team as a temporary solution? The balance would be absolutely perfect by then. But even that solution was not deemed sufficient by 2Lr. Our team was told to go down to 85 people. We started with 20 people and in the end, we had barely around 10 in the end, maybe even less. Great for morale and willingness to come next time.

2) It seemed like not even the admins knew their own rules. There is explicitly written in the rules that cavalry has to dismount, even in charge, if they have less than 4 men. Why then was there a situation where there were 3 cavalrymen charging on their horse, with no repercussions from the admin staff? The biggest “fuck you” was when the 2Lr Oberst himself charged our line from behind, being a sole rider, with no additional cavalry, as a General unit. We complained and apparently, we are blind, should read the rules again and shut up. All that despite there being no rule or exception from the charge rules regarding general himself charging. People who cannot follow their own rules should not organize anything.

3) We were constantly harassed by the admin staff and painted as the bad ones. Our members were even randomly being abused by the “slay” command, even without breaking the rules. If it was meant in good fun, it was not seen so, and it was not appreciated either. I do not mind overlooking small mistakes or mishaps, but this was way beyond tolerable. I am enclosing a video where you can clearly see the admin abuse. When the proverbial cup of patience broke, we started pointing out the injustice in chat, and the admin staff decided that slaying and kicking was the more mature thing to do, compared to, for example, admitting they messed up. Good job guys, you pressed the big admin command button and our virtual characters now lay dead. Feeling better? Compensated? Glad to have helped.

Thanks to all the problems mentioned above, we had a regiment-wide vote about staying in the competition, and we have, almost unanimously, decided to withdraw from this poorly led competition. On one hand, I cannot help but feel bad for other teams, since they are the ones being hurt by this the most, but just the thought of spending next few weeks around this kind of admin staff… not pretty to say the least. We have no intention of staying. If you have but a lack of dignity, you will not delete this complaint, however much you will disagree. If you want others to stay in your “league”, I suggest you rethink the way you act towards other competitors. If this does not change, there is no reason for you to continue the competition at all.

Best regards and good luck in the future,
Leading staff of the 73e Regiment.

The old version of the rules:
Spoiler
[close]

Attached video:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 11:54:10 pm by MartinCZ »

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2021, 12:09:33 am »

I am sorry to write such a wall of text, but it is necessary. The NBL match organized yesterday (13.1.2021) was so awful I cannot stay quiet. I have not seen such a poorly organized competition for a long time. Let me summarize what went wrong.

1) You have “The Napoleonic Battle league is a competitive League” written on your FSE thread. Since you claim it is a competitive environment, it is understood you should have enough capable and impartial admins to moderate the battle, preferably not players of the regiment currently in battle. I have to complain that the behaviour of 2Lr admin yesterday was less than satisfactory – dare I say completely biased.

In most competitive environments, it falls upon the regiment itself to be responsible and come on time. If any regiment fails to come or to bring enough players, it is not up to the opponent to be penalized or hindered. One line from the Gardecorps team was missing yesterday, effectively forcing our entire 55th line regiment into spectators. At one point, there were above 20 people waiting in the spectator, just because an opponent did not bring enough people. Since it was not taken so seriously, why could not our 55th default to the second team as a temporary solution? The balance would be absolutely perfect by then. But even that solution was not deemed sufficient by 2Lr. Our team was told to go down to 85 people. We started with 20 people and in the end, we had barely around 10 in the end, maybe even less. Great for morale and willingness to come next time.

2) It seemed like not even the admins knew their own rules. There is explicitly written in the rules that cavalry has to dismount, even in charge, if they have less than 4 men. Why then was there a situation where there were 3 cavalrymen charging on their horse, with no repercussions from the admin staff? The biggest “fuck you” was when the 2Lr Oberst himself charged our line from behind, being a sole rider, with no additional cavalry, as a General unit. We complained and apparently, we are blind, should read the rules again and shut up. All that despite there being no rule or exception from the charge rules regarding general himself charging. People who cannot follow their own rules should not organize anything.

3) We were constantly harassed by the admin staff and painted as the bad ones. Our members were even randomly being abused by the “slay” command, even without breaking the rules. If it was meant in good fun, it was not seen so, and it was not appreciated either. I do not mind overlooking small mistakes or mishaps, but this was way beyond tolerable. I am enclosing a video where you can clearly see the admin abuse. When the proverbial cup of patience broke, we started pointing out the injustice in chat, and the admin staff decided that slaying and kicking was the more mature thing to do, compared to, for example, admitting they messed up. Good job guys, you pressed the big admin command button and our virtual characters now lay dead. Feeling better? Compensated? Glad to have helped.

Thanks to all the problems mentioned above, we had a regiment-wide vote about staying in the competition, and we have, almost unanimously, decided to withdraw from this poorly led competition. On one hand, I cannot help but feel bad for other teams, since they are the ones being hurt by this the most, but just the thought of spending next few weeks around this kind of admin staff… not pretty to say the least. We have no intention of staying. If you have but a lack of dignity, you will not delete this complaint, however much you will disagree. If you want others to stay in your “league”, I suggest you rethink the way you act towards other competitors. If this does not change, there is no reason for you to continue the competition at all.

Spoiler
[close]

Attached video:

2Lr troll reg thats what I thought lol, no they arent

But I have to say the 3 times I played in the test period (once with the 92nd, twice as an invite) the Events sadly were garbage.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2021, 12:18:01 am »
shut up noname

Spoiler
this is for this stokhom guy
[close]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 12:36:27 am by Vegi. »
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2021, 12:54:59 am »

Spoiler
[close]

Attached video:

Can confirm that 20 mins into when most regiments play my entire reg was told to go spec with 28 people
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 10:52:42 am by BlitzkriegMBNW »

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2021, 01:14:17 am »

Spoiler
[close]

Attached video:

LMAO after watching that vid I can only say im sry that you had to play in such a horrible event. As an retired Organizer myself this Reffing is fucking insane and your withdrawel completely understandable.  You guys seem like decent chaps, wish you lads the best for the future!
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2021, 01:15:52 am »

Spoiler
[close]

Attached video:

LMAO after watching that vid I can only say im sry that you had to play in such a horrible event. As an retired Organizer myself this Reffing is fucking insane and your withdrawel completely understandable.  You guys seem like decent chaps, wish you lads the best for the future!

great montage man xD

Offline General Shepherd

• Retired General #AbimYok
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Former-82nd Regiment Leader S&M Creative Producer
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
  • Nick: General Shepherd
  • Side: Union
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2021, 01:27:46 am »
I watched the video. Admin friend I think he fell in love :D :D

Offline Termito

• First Lieutenant
  • KRH | 92nd | 1º Reg Mexican member
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Termito
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2021, 10:14:52 am »
Not gonna lie, I never understand why regs needs to ref their own matches, because it can easily become a shit fest like that one.

Offline retamar2

• First Sergeant
  • Banned!
  • NEVER SURRENDER
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retamar
Re: %u269C%uFE0F NBL | Napoleonic Battle League | Season 1 %u269C%uFE0F
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2021, 10:18:28 am »
I couldn't agree more with what Martin , but let focus in the fact that when i came to complain about the rules to their ts they told me that the "General" weren't cav then i was thinking (yes i use my 2 of iq sometimes) if the general is no cav then he is riding an Unicorn but well leaving that behind. I was talking with one of the admin that doesnt belong to the 2lr , if he could modify or even change a rule etc , and the answer that i got is that only the 2lr can modify or change the rules during the event time but this doesn't end there there were a rule that said. "You can't complain about the rules during the event".

Well i understand that but here it is where myself decided to go to his ts3 to complain about the rules , and the answer that i got is "Yes yes you're right" or "yes yes we will change it" but you know when a person tries to give you something fast so you can leave? well that's exactly what i got.

From my point of view this administration is not competent at all , they only decide to slay the team that is agains them, they decide to play in a server without asking the other team because they are germans and they don't like to play in french servers , and what was the problem than half of the enemy team had from 80 to 100 of ping , they didn't slay any of their own team8 for :"Fic" , "FooF" , "Gaps" etc.. So i decided to say this , if this event is going to be like this , pls finish this here , and dont continue with this.

It was funny for arty i have to give u that point but  the rest was a completly disaster. You should check the rules before playing the first match there is no point on changing the rules now (and where no1 can see you doing it so u cant get complained  for it).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 10:26:17 am by retamar2 »

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2021, 12:06:43 pm »
Before this thing launched the 16th was approached and asked to join (50-60 stable attendance is what we offered). Initially we were really positive with the idea but we couldn't reach a conclusion because the hosts were too fixed on running this only on Wednesday at this exact same time. Even when we got on a ts3 channel to discuss this the majority of their stuff were extremely anal about everything we said. Some high ranking 2lr officer (don't remember who) didn't even allow me to speak during the first half of the "meeting", going through a 10 minute monologue on why the fixed Wednesday time is the perfect solution, interrupting me the moment I tried to utter a word. Some random 2lr bloke even commented about us on German during the meeting, thinking that we don't understand the Language, (both ArtOfKilling and I understand German).

A few smaller arguments existed as well but in the end it was their arrogance that got us not to participate, and from what I can tell from these comments it was the bloody correct decision. I still regard the 2lr and its achievement as a regiment very highly, but this was deemed to fail from the start. A "competitive" event without a competitive attitude and a group of hosts that thinks running a tournament without giving a crap about the 33rd's signature Wednesday Event, leaving out some (or parts of) the biggest and most influential regiments in the community, would work out as imagined.

Sad to see this happening, I absolutely loved the idea of competitive big 80v80 battles with multiple classes.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 12:11:48 pm by AlekoTheGreek »