Author Topic: Judaism  (Read 12978 times)

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Judaism
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2015, 04:47:38 pm »
Not to mention that a substantial part of the Palestinian inhabitants are descendants of the ancient Jews who converted to Christianity and Islam during the first millennium.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2015, 06:48:13 pm »
>Judaism
>Shows pictures of Israel

Israel is a Jewish country...

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2015, 06:54:29 pm »
This thread is for the civil discussion of the jewish faith in Europe. I am half jewish and know many jews.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Europe

There are over 1 million jews in the EU alone with almost half living in France.

Civil discussion? On Fse?  ::)

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2015, 09:13:27 pm »
>Judaism
>Shows pictures of Israel

Israel is a Jewish country...

It's a Zionist state.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:32:36 pm by MarshalKim »
Massive job loss will take place, but if left allowed to, the market will adapt. I just don't want my job to be taken away from me, tbh.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2015, 10:17:31 pm »
People who live in Israel are called Israelis. They're not called Jews, and anyone claiming otherwise is ignorant or an extremist.

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2015, 10:32:13 pm »
People who live in Israel are called Israelis. They're not called Jews, and anyone claiming otherwise is ignorant or an extremist.
It's a Jewish state, founded by Jews, etc. Not all Israelis are Jews though.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2015, 10:47:04 pm »
My country was founded by Calvinist Protestants. I don't see anyone calling the inhabitants of the Netherlands that.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2015, 10:49:31 pm »
Kind of a poor argument, duuring. Israel was founded for the Jews and by the Jews. That's what Zionism is all about.

Doesn't mean I agree with it, though.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2015, 11:05:47 pm »
My point is that it annoys me how 'Jew' and 'Israeli' is used indiscriminately. A large part of my countrymen are Jewish, by faith or by race, and a Jew with the Dutch nationality is just as much a Jew as one living in Israel. Whenever Bibi speaks of 'the Jewish people' while obviously only speaking for Israel, I want to punch his fat head trough the TV.

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2015, 11:18:44 pm »
My point is that it annoys me how 'Jew' and 'Israeli' is used indiscriminately. A large part of my countrymen are Jewish, by faith or by race, and a Jew with the Dutch nationality is just as much a Jew as one living in Israel. Whenever Bibi speaks of 'the Jewish people' while obviously only speaking for Israel, I want to punch his fat head trough the TV.

Jews aren't a race.
Massive job loss will take place, but if left allowed to, the market will adapt. I just don't want my job to be taken away from me, tbh.

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2015, 11:21:27 pm »

Israel is the native land of all Jews. A Jew can get Israeli citisenship automatically because of this. Not all Israelis are Jewish, but Israel is a Jewish state. I'm not sure you quite understand how much Israel means to Jews. Israel is the Jewish homeland. The homeland that hadn't been under Jewish control for nearly 2,000 years. He says Jews and Israeli synonymously because Israel is a country for all Jews.

Jews aren't a race.

Oh? And how are Jews not a race? We all share the same blood.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:23:43 pm by Akko »

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2015, 11:27:14 pm »
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2015, 11:34:40 pm »
Israel isn't the native land of all Jews. What an idiotic and disrespectful thing to say. There have been, and are, countless people of the Jewish faith or ethnic groups (or race, whatever you want) that consider their own country to be their native land. Do you mean to say that Jews can not be Dutch, or American, or Russian?

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2015, 11:37:21 pm »
Oh? And how are Jews not a race? We all share the same blood.

In historical race classifications, the Semitic peoples are considered to be of Caucasoid type, not dissimilar in appearance to the neighbouring Indo-European, Northwest Caucasian, Berber and Kartvelian-speaking peoples of the region.

Fucking your cousins over an extended period of time doesn't make you your own race.

Israel isn't the native land of all Jews. What an idiotic and disrespectful thing to say. There have been, and are, countless people of the Jewish faith or ethnic groups (or race, whatever you want) that consider their own country to be their native land. Do you mean to say that Jews can not be Dutch, or American, or Russian?

The people who are most genetically resembling the oldest original owners of the land (Canaanites) didn't go around the world to come back in Israel with a religious claim. Hence the true closest descendants of Canaanites are not the modern day Hebrew speaking Jews. Those people are in the middle east and most of them are Islamist's. Hence they should be the majority of the population of Israel and that means they should hold the democratic weight to do what ever they like with their state.

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2015, 11:40:02 pm »

Israel is the homeland of all Jews. It's the Holy Land. Yes, there are many types of Jews, but the are still all Jews. Jews were uprooted from their land and cast throughout the world. I never said a Jew couldn't be any other nationality, because they would still be Jews.