Offline Bruin

• Sergeant
  • Don't expect much out of me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 84e_SoPV_Bruin
  • Side: Union
Re: Obama: All options open on Iraq
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2014, 08:24:27 am »
Let the fuckers die at this point. If the Iraqis really gave a damn about democracy they'd have stabilized by now even after the US invasion.
Democracy doesn't happen over night you know. It takes a good long ass time. Look at America do you know when America actually became a stable country. Do you know how many edits the Founding Fathers made. The Constitution was only a rough draft. There was an event called Lee's Rebellion and that brought the Stable Government we have today in America.

Offline Bruin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2014, 08:34:00 am »
Also this is the ISIS. They've been in Iraq since Saddam. They're very untrained Militia. Just kill a few and they'll start running. You're also forgetting the ISIS are camping in Kurd territory. Kurds hate Jihadst; the Kurds may I also mention are x5 more trained and more loyal Solders. People are making such a big deal about it. Iraq's military will defend Baghdad till the last drop of blood with Kurd, and American support. America before they left donated many Abram tanks. There was also a word spoken by the most holiest man to Shiites and said take up arms against the invading Sunnis and after this many Shiite civilians took up arms and jumped in the back of Army transport trucks. This is going to be a walk in the park for Iraq especially with Al-Assad finishing up the Syrian Civil War and driving the radical jihadist out of his country and I hope Iraq and Syria can join together like old times and finally finish a huge chunk of the War on Terror.

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2014, 12:04:25 pm »
Stick a Union Jack back into Baghdad and all the problems will go away

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2014, 01:44:28 pm »
Mission Unaccomplished!
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2014, 07:13:25 pm »
Apparently, ISIS attempted to capture an airfield held by Iraqi Armed Forces and some Iraqi-contracted American Private Security Forces. The Iraqis ran off and the PMCs held off the ISIS.

The ISIS are legitimately not very trained, the problem is the Iraqi Armed Forces lacks a spine.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2014, 10:10:08 pm »
And due to the fact that PMC's are far better trained and more experienced.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2014, 10:16:48 pm »
And due to the fact that PMC's are far better trained and more experienced.

Yes, I think that was part of his point.

Offline Bruin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2014, 10:17:01 pm »
Yes. It's the same with the Free Syrian Army in Syria. They're garbage; if you watch the videos on SyrianTube or LiveLeak; they look like noobs on CS:GO. They just run in the middle of streets spraying AK's. That's why Al-Assad is winning the Civil War. The Government forces at least know not to do that.

Offline Ryner

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2014, 10:36:57 pm »
I'm not supporting our initial invasion of Iraq but we did destroy their stable (tyrannical but stable) government and replaced it with a much frailer democracy and now Iraq is in turmoil. The United States and Co. are obligated to help Iraq in their current situation. At the very least with monetary aid.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 11:03:44 pm by Ryner »

Offline Reginald Schneider

• Brigadier General
  • Can't stop a <snip>
    • View Profile
    • GunZo and Regi
  • Nick: 60th_Cpt_<snip>
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2014, 10:52:37 pm »
I'm not supporting our initial invasion of Iraq but we did destroy their stable (tyrannical but stable) government and replaced it with a much frailer democracy and now the Iraq is in turmoil. The United States and Co. are obligated to help Iraq in their current situation. At the very least with monetary aid.
That is about the most sane argument for intervention that I have seen so far.
god of memes
#RaceTo1000 https://i.imgur.com/sQrpb6d.jpg

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2014, 11:20:05 pm »
Plz just leave these countries alone they wanted independence, they can have it. Were they ready for it? No. But tough - they wanted it, and they're not our responsibility anymore.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2014, 12:28:51 am »
Plz just leave these countries alone they wanted independence, they can have it. Were they ready for it? No. But tough - they wanted it, and they're not our responsibility anymore.

Knowing ISIS, at this point I'd support a UN intervention.

Seriously look at what they're posting on Twitter.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2014, 12:30:38 am »
UN Interventions are all words and no actions. We can still help Iraq out - just not with American soldiers. They could make good use of weapons, food, ammo, training and money. American soldiers would just die. Which one is preferable to you?

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2014, 12:34:41 am »
I need to make a "Reform the UN" thread...

No the US shouldn't go cowboy, we don't need LITERALLY a second Iraq. But something needs to be done about the Iraqi Army deserting everytime ISIS shows up. Hell I think that's why they're being so flat out violent, to scare the shit out of their enemy.

Horrid, but quite intelligent.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2014, 12:41:33 am »
Terrorism is a business which leaves no room for stupidity. The only way to fight them is to outsmart them. Sheer force alone will never, ever repel them.