Poll

What is your opinion on cannabis legalization?

Have it.
19 (45.2%)
Don't have it.
8 (19%)
Only for medical use.
9 (21.4%)
How much cannabis can I hide from my parents?
6 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: The 2018 Federal Wide Legalization for the Recreational Use of Cannabis - Canada  (Read 19009 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
I still want your sources which prove everything you're saying

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
My sources about what? About how terrorists posing as refugees can't recruit people through the black market if the black market is eliminated? I mean what is there to be in doubt for? What's not believable? That's not rocket science, it's pretty straight forward and obvious.

But this is a book written by one of Italy's top prosecutors saying that legalizing weed would hurt terrorist groups and many organized crime groups as well

https://www.amazon.it/contrario-terrorismo-islamico-possono-sconfitti/dp/8804643404

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
But terrorists get recruited through many other ways besides ''the black market'', there's literally tons of pages everywhere that promote any sort of terrorism and even in real life they are being recruited because some preachers are allowed to ''hate preach'' which in return radicalizes the population.
I bet you're an ancap though.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
My sources about what? About how terrorists posing as refugees can't recruit people through the black market if the black market is eliminated? I mean what is there to be in doubt for? What's not believable? That's not rocket science, it's pretty straight forward and obvious.

But this is a book written by one of Italy's top prosecutors saying that legalizing weed would hurt terrorist groups and many organized crime groups as well

https://www.amazon.it/contrario-terrorismo-islamico-possono-sconfitti/dp/8804643404
legalizing cannabis does not get rid of the black market. As long as an item is taxed there is a black market

Have you actually read that book? I know I won't be since it's in Italian
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile

legalizing cannabis does not get rid of the black market. As long as an item is taxed there is a black market
But you can heavily reduce it. Searching superlatives when discussing laws is not very handy is it?

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
Yeah I have read bits of it. You can get it translated since it's an e-book.

I'm not saying terrorists recruit through the black market. Someone else said that and I was rebutting it. I don't know how many times I have to say that.

No, the legalization of cannabis would mean that the black market on cannabis crumbles. For example, there is no black market anymore for alcohol. Al Capone rose through the criminal underworld because of the prohibition of alcohol. When alcohol was re-legalized, the black market on alcohol almost instantly died. Before cannabis was criminalized in the 1930's, cannabis was taxed yet had no black market. It's blatantly not true to say that as long as an item has taxation a black market will remain. Everything has a tax, it's called GST. In Australia GST is 10%. You get taxed 10% of every product you buy. A McDonald's Big Mac is taxed and it doesn't have a black market?

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
Hardly intervention. God jus wanted the smoke to induce a heaven-wide high.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/12/smallbusiness/california-cannabis-fires/index.html

Could it be divine intervention?

Should hopefully give a lot of people an extra few years of freedom from mental illness. Can't say I feel sorry for cannabis farmers given they profit off the back of human misery-I hope more burn down.

Offline LukasDougherty

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
It's amazing to see how the decision to legalize cannabis has unfolded over time. The initial goals of eliminating the black market, creating jobs, and boosting the economy have certainly left their mark.

Offline laurenttrevino

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Since then, a lot has changed. Legalization did indeed have various impacts, from the economy to job creation. It's also sparked conversations worldwide about cannabis policies.
If you're curious about how other countries are handling cannabis, you might want to check out the info about the medical cannabis clinic in the UK. They often provide valuable insights and resources on this evolving topic.
The push for legalization continues to be a hot topic globally, and it's fascinating to see how different regions are approaching it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 06:48:49 pm by laurenttrevino »