Author Topic: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!  (Read 106364 times)

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
  • Father of North American Cavalry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pepper
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2013, 10:45:39 pm »
The heavy horse health was lowered from 135 HP to 115 HP,  the medium from 110 to 100 HP.   light horses still have 80 HP.

I think that if you would lowered light horses hp to 65-70 it should be fine. Any great french light cav commander like Lasalle did not live to 35 years of age :o But on NW hussars are more like F-16 than light cav :x

No. Just no. If you've ever played as light cav you'd know they're very, very weak already. The reason hussars in NW are able to stay alive is because they've figured out how to stay out of the way until the right time and then to come in and kill everyone from behind, which is how it should be done. If you're hit even once you're as good as dead. There's no point in lowering health even further when you die in one hit from most things anyway.
+1'd also, dont increase the heavy cav swords damage they are fine mostly 1 hit everything (depending) keep it the way it is.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2013, 10:54:16 pm »
The heavy horse health was lowered from 135 HP to 115 HP,  the medium from 110 to 100 HP.   light horses still have 80 HP.

I think that if you would lowered light horses hp to 65-70 it should be fine. Any great french light cav commander like Lasalle did not live to 35 years of age :o But on NW hussars are more like F-16 than light cav :x

No. Just no. If you've ever played as light cav you'd know they're very, very weak already. The reason hussars in NW are able to stay alive is because they've figured out how to stay out of the way until the right time and then to come in and kill everyone from behind, which is how it should be done. If you're hit even once you're as good as dead. There's no point in lowering health even further when you die in one hit from most things anyway.

This is true^^  Been playing as hussar since July and they are the weakest unit when it comes to taking hits.  Pretty much scratch the horse and it falls over dead.

Musketoon Dragoons are gone so that is a plus.

Shovel dropping with now the ramrod and lighter dropping is a plus

I agree with Mene on the rifles.  Leave them the same damage or so but make them less spammable.

Heavy cav changes could be good, will have to see.  I wouldn't touch the sword honestly.  It is pretty much a one hit kill already.

I don't know if I like the new pistols.  I like the accuracy change but the damage is slightly high.  I see a lot of people getting one hit killed.  the reason I bring this up is a musket takes 16? to reload while a pistol takes 10? or so.  basically you have a weapon that is accurate, 1 hit kill for the most part, reload on the move, and a quicker reload.  I need to do more testing on this but the last thing I want to see is pistol spam after the final patch is released.

Would be nice if you fixed the roof glitches.

There was also a reload bug from what I hear but I dont know how to do it.  I'll get someone to post it here.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 11:06:50 pm by Thunderstormer »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2013, 10:54:59 pm »
I dont even understand that there is so much difference in those machines. uhm, horses
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2013, 11:04:36 pm »
Currently reviewing maps on my OP post.

Offline Sandford

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg Honor Ojczyzna
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]Rotmistrz_Sandford
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2013, 11:10:02 pm »
I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but there is a reload "glitch", or bug. Basically, while on the beta server, I saw someone begin to reload, switch to melee, back to shooting, and reload again. This somehow sped up the reload from what it is supposed to be, to faster then the pistol, maybe two seconds or so before one can shoot again. This is just something I would like to see fixed, after only a half hour of play time on the beta server.

Offline Slayer

• Volunteer
  • A loaded gun is a good gun.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Mrks_Slayer
« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2013, 12:02:13 am »
The rifle slap damage went from 24 to 20 points of damage, ill put it to 22 next beta and see how that is, i will also give the rifle slightly more melee speed next beta, and see if that balances them out for our skirmishers.

That works fine. If you could look into the up attack animation and it's ineffectiveness for the rifles too that would be great.

The rifle slap damage went from 24 to 20 points of damage, ill put it to 22 next beta and see how that is, i will also give the rifle slightly more melee speed next beta, and see if that balances them out for our skirmishers.
If I could suggest to increase the damage to 26, but lower the speed and make it more realistic based. As in you get hit harder and it's not a spam based weapon as it is now.

Anyone who knows how to block sideways can easily kill someone using the rifle seeing as the up attack is broken and down attack is too slow to actually be effective.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but there is a reload "glitch", or bug. Basically, while on the beta server, I saw someone begin to reload, switch to melee, back to shooting, and reload again. This somehow sped up the reload from what it is supposed to be, to faster then the pistol, maybe two seconds or so before one can shoot again. This is just something I would like to see fixed, after only a half hour of play time on the beta server.

I believe it's just the animation that speeds up, but the actual reload remains the same. Atleast that's how it's been the few times I've experienced it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 12:06:41 am by Slayer »

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2013, 12:16:00 am »

I noticed that too. I wasn't able to shoot any sooner though so I guess it only speeds up the animation like Slayer said.

Offline Refleax

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: Refleax
« Reply #172 on: May 16, 2013, 01:56:03 am »
Currently reviewing maps on my OP post.

Thanks for your valued input Menelaos!

I noticed that too. I wasn't able to shoot any sooner though so I guess it only speeds up the animation like Slayer said.

The reloading bug was made known to us some time this morning. Should you find any other bugs please feel free to report them, we’ll be very grateful if you do.
May good health be yours.

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2013, 04:32:22 am »
Hello

I really like the new units. Is a special yell for the french sailors planned too?^^

Probably not no, the English pirate voices were donated for a bit of fun late into patch development. They will also be limited to the half naked crewmen class next patch.
Spoiler

[close]

Offline OGNValjean

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gordon Goldstein
« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2013, 04:52:12 am »
Finally I got the Shorter Cav Swords! They were a bitch in Foot Melee, the ghostly range made it impossible to wipe out groups of enemies by simply passing through them! I much prefer dealing with a challenge!

Offline PrinceTotalwar

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 51st_Maj_James
« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2013, 05:23:07 am »
YES THANK YOU SO MUCH

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2013, 08:52:52 am »
I found out a trick to use the Napoleonic wars patch test and still have your Normal NW without messing up the files,

All you gotta do is copy and paste the NW Module then update NW with the new patch and rename the copied one to (I named it to this)      Napoleonic Wars V1.1 Beta Test          and renamed the          Napoleonic Wars - Copy                 to Napoleonic Wars.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2013, 10:51:45 am »
THE TEXT IS GETTING LARGER!  AAAAAAAH!

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2013, 11:13:51 am »
Hello

I really like the new units. Is a special yell for the french sailors planned too?^^

btw. unfortunately 60th_Lt_Menelaos temp banned me for an accidently provoked teamkill i said "sorry" for. (FSE_EU_Beta2)
I really dont wanna complain or flame and stuff because of the 30 mins ban. i only want to say that this is obviously a misconception.
Iam not a troll u can check the serverlogs to checking it ;).

The ban was a bit to much seeing the situation. Though seeing it was indeed only temp it shouldn't be such of a big deal. ;)

Keep playing, and keep providing feedback! :D

Offline Lt_Cohler

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Alan_MacArthur
« Reply #179 on: May 16, 2013, 12:05:00 pm »
Hi guys,
when I want to go on a server it say that I need the version 1.156.
Where can I find it??