Poll

What do you think of the idea

Great idea maybe in a new patch they will include town crier uniform and bell!
14 (25%)
Nah, i join the game to fight not talk
11 (19.6%)
I will think about it
5 (8.9%)
Seriously? what a load of cobblers
26 (46.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: A brand new infantry rank/class of NW  (Read 4245 times)

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: go to hell i`m not in the mood
  • Side: Neutral
A brand new infantry rank/class of NW
« on: February 11, 2013, 02:37:19 pm »
Okay i have recently come up with a new activity, it is not infantry or cavalry or artilery or muisician or sapper.

It is the town crier.

What i like to do in the heat of battle, is give encouragement to my men.. and no this is not done in the way of typing text, or standing in their way or doing anything which will affect or obstruct them or anything like that.

I like to shout `zamnoy` as a russian or as german i shout `Feuer nach eigenem Ermessen!!`
I love to shout it at the top of my voice (through pressing c of course)

This causes and motivates my team to play better, and to fight for their team at once, and mow down the enemy like dogs!
Many a time i have been on the server with my team loosing only for my team to be aroused by my chanting and to come back and win.

I can be seen walking around the flag or taking cover by the wall, but this is a new activity and a new type of rank of NW,  a motivater, a town crier if you will.

I hope you too can play YOUR part, because it is a joint effort.. it is about the team coming together as one.

Thank you for reading this.. and no i am not asking that this new rank gets implemented in futher patches (even though it would be nice to see the uniform  and a bell like a traditional town crier) ... but as i am the first person to come up with this i will call it the town crier!

Ps here is example of a town crier

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGlhcVrCmvg[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 02:47:36 pm by sally100 »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
Re: A brand new infantry rank/class of NW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 02:59:39 pm »
Yes, Elliot, your constant spamming of IG orders is both famous and highly annoying.

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 03:02:21 pm »
Yes, Elliot, your constant spamming of IG orders is both famous and highly annoying.

Not even going to repeat that i have changed because 99 per cent of players know this and now have a mutual respect which has taken me a LONG time to get, and still has a LONG way to go.
Unfortunatly there are still people like you who try to derail any thread i make, looking for arguements etc.
Either stick to the thread topic or do not post at all.

Ps do not respond duuring unless you have to say something on topic about the town crier issue. Thats all this thread is about
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:04:10 pm by sally100 »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 03:07:55 pm »
Like I said, your constant shouting of orders is highly annoying, so a class whose sole purpose is to spam orders sounds...Idiotic.

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 03:10:23 pm »
Like I said, your constant shouting of orders is highly annoying, so a class whose sole purpose is to spam orders sounds...Idiotic.

Really? in the towns` i live in, in the UK we have every saturday town criers who go round shouting hear ye hear ye! making announcements! I dont see anyone going up to them and accusing them of `trolling` or being annoying.

I dont like the smell of smoke.. in fact i cant stand the smell of smoke.. do i harass or accuse smokers of trolling? no!

If you dont like me chanting `fire at will`... ` company ... on me`....   `hold this position`...  then simply ignore it and carry on fighting the enemy.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 08:54:42 am »
As long as I can kill it I don't mind if being in game.
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Matthew

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ლ(◕◡◕ლ) oly gaym y u heff 2 b med
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Matthew ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 09:08:12 am »
Did town criers even continue their job in the heat of battle, it is a rather dangerous place. I have heard of the 'gardner' at waterloo but I am sure any sane non-combatent would want to flee or at the very least hide.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." - Mikhail Bakunin
"Dispassionate, fair, equal"
Oh you wanted a serious response, why didn't you just say so.
b2e98ad6f6eb8508dd6a14cfa704bad7f05f6fb

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 08:55:52 pm »
Did town criers even continue their job in the heat of battle, it is a rather dangerous place. I have heard of the 'gardner' at waterloo but I am sure any sane non-combatent would want to flee or at the very least hide.

Town criers in top hats with bells would frequently be present at war, to announce to the other team conditions of surrender

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 12:23:50 am »
Its like there aren't enough troll classes yet. We all know if random people will get to play this, they will run away shouting stuff and making stupid noises. Definetly a NO for me!

-Dekkers
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 04:25:11 am »
Spoiler
Its like there aren't enough troll classes yet. We all know if random people will get to play this, they will run away shouting stuff and making stupid noises. Definetly a NO for me!

-Dekkers
[close]

Exactly   not a good idea

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 04:48:50 am »
Funny because sally's favorite thing to do in 84e siege is to stand at spawn spamming voice commands and taunts. Yeah, nah, I wouldn't want to see this class get into the wrong hands  ;D

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 06:32:55 am »
This would serve literally no purpose.
Pointy stick champion

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 12:14:58 pm »
This would serve literally no purpose.

One word.. motivation

Offline Vanguard

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Kpr_Vanguard
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 09:12:58 pm »
You want motivation ? Just teach your Col to shout at you if you play like shiet.

Offline Van_Hulstein

• Captain
  • Orangist and very proud ex-33rd Lieutenant.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NL_VanHulstein
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 10:24:54 pm »
Go play Runescape, they have town criers
Nunc aut nunquam