Author Topic: For the melee community.  (Read 14263 times)

Offline Devald

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [88th]Kgm_Devald or FFE_Devald
  • Side: Neutral
For the melee community.
« on: December 01, 2012, 05:55:29 pm »
Hi guys,

lately a lot of people are beginning to spam a lot in melee. It started with just a few people spamming. Mainly new players and players that probably are used to M&M... In my opinion this will just be a kind of luck game in multiplayer if this keeps on.
So I would like to tell everybody out there, that know what they do when they charge another player, please try and play the game a bit instead of just spamming that god damn attack button. I know people who are well known in the melee community (Or whatever you want to call it), that like me are really pissed on this game, and seek out new games instead of going through some bullshit where you play against a team full of spammers.

Devald
Private of the 88th "Devils Own" Connaught Rangers - Member of the Friends Federation of Excellence (FFE) - Proud dane

Offline Maroon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Maroon
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: For the melee community.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 05:58:06 pm »
Sorry to say, but I don't really se the problem in spamming in melee. It's quite easy to counter a spammer in fact, just block his attack once, and immediately counterattack, and he's done for.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 06:41:33 pm »
Hi guys,

lately a lot of people are beginning to spam a lot in melee. It started with just a few people spamming. Mainly new players and players that probably are used to M&M... In my opinion this will just be a kind of luck game in multiplayer if this keeps on.
So I would like to tell everybody out there, that know what they do when they charge another player, please try and play the game a bit instead of just spamming that god damn attack button. I know people who are well known in the melee community (Or whatever you want to call it), that like me are really pissed on this game, and seek out new games instead of going through some bullshit where you play against a team full of spammers.

Devald

Chamber=Spammer dies

Offline Bonnyjoy

• Captain
  • Ex-Inmate of the 84e Prison
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bonnyjoy
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 06:49:45 pm »
Hi guys,

Devald

Chamber=Spammer dies

+1

Offline Devald

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [88th]Kgm_Devald or FFE_Devald
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 07:25:41 pm »
Hi guys,

Devald

Chamber=Spammer dies

I do know how to chamber... But that isn't the solution every time...
Private of the 88th "Devils Own" Connaught Rangers - Member of the Friends Federation of Excellence (FFE) - Proud dane

Offline Oposum

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 07:30:16 pm »
Spamming with weapons which are too light to stun never was a problem. Just block his attack and counter attack, if your footing is anything less than godawful you will hit first.
Against groups of spammers, just block and they will usually thin out their own numbers to the point where you can just block and attack.
Anyway, if you're dieing to spammers you're doing something horribly wrong.

Offline Creed

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Nr57_Fus_Creed
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 07:42:22 pm »
these days you have to worry about actually getting into melee when playing on public. alot of people just take the easy way out and shoot instead of testing eachothers skill in combat. i see why they do it but getting shot all the time makes this game no fun in my opinion.

Offline Treble

• Sergeant Major
  • top kek melee player
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Treble
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 08:55:59 pm »
Chamber beats all spammers. feinting beats spammers. Bullets beat spammers.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 09:35:58 pm »
Just do some really basic blocking... Block all his stabs.. And piss him off. Always works with these spammers.

Lovely. However! Watch out.. Apparently for some people this is "round delaying" and on GF an admin could just slay you!  ::).

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 12:09:42 am »
Honestly most people who spam do so because they can't melee at all. Just block his repeated down attacks, sidestep and drop a bayo in his skull. Or chamber his spamming ass.

It's easier to chamber spammers too because they are so predictable. It's harder to chamber people who sweep or hold.

8/10 times this works. Really I don't get the "spammer" rage in NW.

Offline Curtis

• Sergeant
  • You tyrants of England, your race may soon be run
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ludd
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 10:36:16 am »
spam is nothing. its excessive held-stabs that get on my tits

Offline Wolfy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm not crazy. The people in my head told me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wolfy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 10:59:28 am »
People only spam because they cant fight properly.Block one and r**e his ass xD But yeah i see your point

Offline Jay_One

• Donator
  • 84e Retired Prison Guard
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jay_One
  • Side: Union
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 12:03:13 pm »
Honestly most people who spam do so because they can't melee at all. Just block his repeated down attacks, sidestep and drop a bayo in his skull. Or chamber his spamming ass.

It's easier to chamber spammers too because they are so predictable. It's harder to chamber people who sweep or hold.

8/10 times this works. Really I don't get the "spammer" rage in NW.

+1

Offline Akame

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Akame
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 02:57:20 pm »
The real problem is the opposite really, people who just stare at you and hold their attacks piss me off the most.

Offline Gragnok

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEB_Col_Gragnok
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 03:40:09 pm »
Spammers are easy kills the more of them around the better in my view. The thing that bugs me is people who sit in corners aiming at doorways with loaded muskets.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.