Poll

Which of these event ideas sound promising/enjoyable to you?

Public Linebattle/NA_1 Event
Casual 1v1's Organization
Newbie/Pub Training (melee and other basics + practice 1v1 linebattles [skirmishes])
All of the above
None of the above

Author Topic: NA Competitive Community State of Affairs - *New Poll*  (Read 23055 times)

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: NA Competitive Community State of Affairs - *New Poll*
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2016, 10:34:50 pm »
Just...for the love of gawd....don't do it on Friday night.

As a Friday Event Organizer for over four years, I'm here to tell you that there are too many Events on Friday with too few participating regiments to do a Friday "Official FSE Event".

It would siphon away enough people from each Event and essentially kill them all.

I think it's going to be held after the normal 8:00 PM EST Event times, at least judging from the event thread Siwi made for the time being.

This is the listing as it currently is.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 10:36:58 pm by GeneralSquirts »

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2016, 10:40:01 pm »
Hardcore Friday Linebattle is @ 8pmEst. on Fridays  :-[

Also, a Friday 8pm Est. battle would cut into the events, because a typical Linebattle lasts one hour and 15-20 minutes, and the bulk of the other Friday Events are @ 7pmEst.

So...if you started a new Friday Event at say, 8:20pm Est., that's pretty late, but wouldn't cut into the three other Friday linebattles. 

It would probably kill the Hardcore Linebattle, the most established Event in NW history.

So if you were feeling benevolent, and factored the other Friday Events into account, the FSE event would be starting around 8:30pm Est. after everything is handed out and good to go, meaning that it will end around 9:45-10pm Est.  Which is pretty late for the bulk of the NW population to stick around on a consistent basis.  Ideally you WANT the the 7pmEst. time slot, which is has around 3 other Events in its slot.

Which is why I think Friday would be a bad night to host this.

This is the reason I stopped hosting my "Super Top Secret Thundersnow Friday Linebattle Extravaganza".  There's already way too many Friday Events, and they all siphon off each other the few remaining regiments that still exists.  So what you wind up with is 4-5 Events with 70-100ish players each Friday.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 10:55:11 pm by Thundersnow »

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2016, 10:47:16 pm »
To be honest, it might almost be better on a Friday. It would prevent too many regiments from joining and leave a large amount of space open for public players. The smaller regiments who are less likely to have regular events would probably be more likely to show up, so it might actually balance out the community nicely.

So far only a couple of admins have responded but they seem (cautiously) positive and willing to give it a go.

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2016, 10:50:34 pm »
Well before you pull the trigger, please let me direct some other Friday Linebattle organizers here to voice their opinions.

Offline LES IS MOREx

• Second Lieutenant
  • Leader of 2eDLG & Owner of Bush Wookie Gaming
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [2eDLG]Mjr_LES_IS_MOREx
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2016, 12:50:36 am »
DO IT ON SATURDAY plox me army woo come
Cant win if you dont play.

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2016, 01:55:49 am »
I think it's going to be held after the normal 8:00 PM EST Event times, at least judging from the event thread Siwi made for the time being.

This is the listing as it currently is.

I think the Overlord made a calculation error trying to convert event times from the future.

The Hardcore linebattle and the Old Guard linebattle start at 9PM eastern, which I think was his point. It'd be unfortunate if everybody put all their effort into building a linebattle for pubs and then made it impossible for the NA Public Regiment to attend it.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2016, 02:09:03 am »
Not sure why that thread for it was made. Considering if it is to be officially done by Thunderstormer and other NA admins, I'm sure they would make their own thread & advertisement for it.
Obviously in co-operation with anyone who wants to help out.

But that could be just me, thinking of it that way. :P

Offline Offizer

• Second Lieutenant
  • what is this game?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2016, 02:12:24 am »
Think less of 63e monopolies/conspiracies, and more of 63e officer staff dedication (among other regular members as well).

Also let's just all chip in to get that EU/NA North-Atlantic server going, EXPAND our community for even more regimental diversity and banter.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2016, 07:45:19 am »
Not sure why that thread for it was made. Considering if it is to be officially done by Thunderstormer and other NA admins, I'm sure they would make their own thread & advertisement for it.

if and when the time comes, ill make a thread for it and any necessary discussion. 

I also will not "officially" endorse any other event due to all the drama that will ensue from it.   Anyone/group as always can advertise their event in NA1 as long as they follow the rules.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 07:58:58 am by Thunderstormer »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2016, 08:34:30 am »

I made the thread for a conquest event. What the official server staff are talking about is doing a Linebattle (note the gamemode: battle) on NA1. There is no reason for me to get involved there, as they are not accepting new admins, which in turn means I would not be able to help organize. There is no reason an officially run pub event and community run pub event couldn't coexist. If they were on different nights (Friday, Saturday) that would allow for a lot of pub player exposure and would bring good attendance because of the weekend.
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2016, 10:39:54 am »

I made the thread for a conquest event. What the official server staff are talking about is doing a Linebattle (note the gamemode: battle) on NA1. There is no reason for me to get involved there, as they are not accepting new admins, which in turn means I would not be able to help organize. There is no reason an officially run pub event and community run pub event couldn't coexist. If they were on different nights (Friday, Saturday) that would allow for a lot of pub player exposure and would bring good attendance because of the weekend.

if it happens, it would probably be on a Thursday.(not set in stone)   If it happens, then we will need the help of the players.(both pub and regimental)  One doesn't need to be an admin to help organize or help ensure things run smoothly.(especially the later)

as for adding new admins, they are added when we need new admins.  I haven't really heard much of a need of any new admins from pubs or admins alike.  Adding new admins also takes a lot of work on my end, and after everything is finished Vince has to add them.(Idk how to do it and don't feel like playing around on the server to figure it out.  last i heard LG doesn't know how to do it either.   afaik it is not as simple as opening note pad and adding/removing ids.  if it was, then the way we add admins would be different.)
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2016, 01:46:43 pm »

Not trying to be rude or out of line, because you did make that event for the good of the community and I appreciate that. But maybe you should have waited for a decision to be finalized here? I mean taking action like that kind of takes away from the whole point of this whole thing. What if the community wanted it on a Friday night, or what if that public event sucks away from the actual one we're discussing on this thread. Not saying you have no right to create one, but to create one because you didn't have any admining powers on this one just seems meh.

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2016, 02:17:53 pm »

Not trying to be rude or out of line, because you did make that event for the good of the community and I appreciate that. But maybe you should have waited for a decision to be finalized here? I mean taking action like that kind of takes away from the whole point of this whole thing. What if the community wanted it on a Friday night, or what if that public event sucks away from the actual one we're discussing on this thread. Not saying you have no right to create one, but to create one because you didn't have any admining powers on this one just seems meh.

I think what Siwi is trying to do is similar to the NW Pugs. Just a weekly "event" to play some gamemode with whatever rule set and not relying on just regiments.

xD

Offline Becker-

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • "The Gang joins the Army"
  • Nick: Bring back the 54th.
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2016, 02:33:49 pm »
Hey June I finally described my committee idea in terms that make sense.
Given this is for a NANWL type tournament but it's the same effect.
You hold positions,
President, Vice, Minutes, Treasury(?), Chief Justice.
Chairs underneath them if needed. Each holds their own responsibility for weekly/bi-weekly meetings about the state of affairs for the NA community.

That's why I said majority vote. When regiments sign up they are agreeing to comply with the decisions of the committee not the other way around.
Everybody would simply need to act in a professional manner for once. Wouldn't be too hard.

I'm talking about rules like the 3 match ban, pretty sure we could agree to either bring that down to one game or get rid of it all together.
Not so much for in-game rules. Those are pretty much figured out.

This would require a proper voting and minutes system. A vote brought to motion would need a fraction of backers in order to be voted on, a simple system of ayes and nays. If anybody is in a fraternity or has seen how an executive council works understands what I'm explaining.
I'll even pull out my EC script to get it right.
If it can get 190 half drunk college students to get to pay $500 in dues a person every semester it can get us to work out a solid rule set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2016, 05:36:13 pm »
So if this event were to happen, would the pubs join the FSE teamspeak for communication? (22nd.eu)