Author Topic: Developer Blog 25 - Face Customization  (Read 107819 times)

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 25 - Face Customization
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2015, 12:06:09 am »
Dont worry guys they just need to finish few more things and the alpha will come out, 2 weeks max

who told you that?

no one lol

Oh ok in that case, Banner Lord is coming out this full moon!

Offline Amit

• First Sergeant
  • Never fart on someone balls
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Amit
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2015, 04:10:07 pm »
Dont worry guys they just need to finish few more things and the alpha will come out, 2 weeks max

who told you that?

no one lol

Oh ok in that case, Banner Lord is coming out this full moon!

ITS GONNA BE SUPER ULTRA EPIC!!!!!1111

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2015, 04:14:37 am »
Maybe one day we will get an update...

Offline Col_Eclipse

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nowhere Doge
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2015, 11:59:19 pm »

Don't get your hopes up at this point.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2015, 12:43:42 am »

Don't get your hopes up at this point.
<3

Offline Insurance Salesman

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2015, 06:35:53 am »
Why so shady then? These months and months of silence are very disturbing.
Probz cuz impatient children believe  that the only thing worth exhibiting are shiny new maps and uniforms, and forget about the technical aspects of the game, like, hmm... coding.
Would the devs releasing screenshots displaying hundreds of line of code with the caption "network engine optimisation" please you as much?
They wouldn't have to show any code (unless they really want to, I guess), but just some information about how things are progressing would make things a bit more bearable for the people who put down money on the game already. Optimization information, ideas about gameplay systems, really anything would be enough to get my hopes up at this point.

Offline thc420vato

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2015, 10:39:57 pm »
Why so shady then? These months and months of silence are very disturbing.
Probz cuz impatient children believe  that the only thing worth exhibiting are shiny new maps and uniforms, and forget about the technical aspects of the game, like, hmm... coding.
Would the devs releasing screenshots displaying hundreds of line of code with the caption "network engine optimisation" please you as much?
They wouldn't have to show any code (unless they really want to, I guess), but just some information about how things are progressing would make things a bit more bearable for the people who put down money on the game already. Optimization information, ideas about gameplay systems, really anything would be enough to get my hopes up at this point.
Give this man a cake.
Give us at least some info.

Offline OGNValjean

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gordon Goldstein
« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2015, 07:30:50 am »
I am crai

Offline InUrBase, EatingUrBacon

• First Lieutenant
  • Heil Hillary
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]TheFlood_ChrisPBacon
« Reply #173 on: February 11, 2015, 05:04:41 pm »
What is dead may never die.
Quote from loyal PLG cultist
yeah i'm so glad i joined this respectful, loving christian regiment that in no way makes me feel ashamed of my race.
[close]

Offline Johann

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2015, 03:55:31 pm »
RIP for those who donated
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline zerosius

• Sergeant Major
  • Retired 1stLt of the 2Lhr Artillery
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 22, 2015, 10:43:02 pm »
I am certain that the game will come out at some point, but the community that will be necessary to carry such an ambitous game will not wait forever for it to arrive, and will lose interest quickly with the current approach of FSE in terms of community management and keeping us all updated on whats going on at their HQ.

Posting one-liners every so often in the threads complaining about the lack of updates that come about in a set intervall just wont cut it...

I still have hopes for the game, but FSE certainly misses a lot of potential by srewing up this essential part of pre-release work, that just is an important part of developing a game nowadays. The Market is so fastmoving and shortlived, that gamers have, and will continue to migrate to other games with similar amibitous plans.

I am also sure, they would have long hit their donation goal with just one short developer update a month...

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 22, 2015, 11:16:38 pm »
I am certain that the game will come out at some point, but the community that will be necessary to carry such an ambitous game will not wait forever for it to arrive, and will lose interest quickly with the current approach of FSE in terms of community management and keeping us all updated on whats going on at their HQ.

Posting one-liners every so often in the threads complaining about the lack of updates that come about in a set intervall just wont cut it...

I still have hopes for the game, but FSE certainly misses a lot of potential by srewing up this essential part of pre-release work, that just is an important part of developing a game nowadays. The Market is so fastmoving and shortlived, that gamers have, and will continue to migrate to other games with similar amibitous plans.

I am also sure, they would have long hit their donation goal with just one short developer update a month...

I've preached it to Vince and Olafson, they don't care. Guess they want to play catch up  :'(

Offline Amit

• First Sergeant
  • Never fart on someone balls
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Amit
« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2015, 02:17:54 pm »

[/quote

When I tried to say it people were really mad

Offline zerosius

• Sergeant Major
  • Retired 1stLt of the 2Lhr Artillery
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2015, 04:32:45 pm »

I've preached it to Vince and Olafson, they don't care. Guess they want to play catch up  :'(

The thing that makes me sad/mad the most, is the fact that they in fact dont seem to care...
It is such a minimal investement in time compared to the incredibly positve effect they could have on the community.

I get that they have a lot to do and little time, seeing that creating such an ambitious game with only 4 people behind it, was from the beginning, and is still bound to be very comsuming in every way for the FSE Team.

What i dont get though, and what i wont take as an excuse is that they dont have at least an hour or two a month to write a short article about the state of the developement.

With all the time going into the game they still cant tell us that they work 24/7 on the game.

Heck, If nothing else helps they could just ask a trusted and engaged member of the community to write it for them after they discussed it with him. I am sure there would be no shortage on people willing to help the game being a success and further iunvesting their time.

I would certanly count myself to this group of members...