Author Topic: CluelessWill's Top North American Leaders  (Read 6553 times)

Offline Chantakey

• Donator
  • Slayer of Weebs, Destroyer of WoR, Fattest cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hoekage of NW
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: CluelessWill's Top North American Leaders
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2018, 01:56:03 am »
YOU JUST SAID THIS LIST HAS TO DO WITH INFLUENCE BUT DONT NAME THE 5TH

BITCH WE STARTED THE CANCER REGS
WE WERE ONE OF THE FIRST TO DO THE GROUPFIGHTING LINE IN NA
FFS WE WERE THE GOD DAMN YEAR OF UNDERDOGS AND TOOK DOWN MORE HYPE TRAINS THAN ISIS DOES IN SPAIN

Offline Chantakey

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2018, 01:57:15 am »
This list might be more autistic than the entire 5th/75th members combined.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2018, 01:59:42 am »

FFS WE WERE THE GOD DAMN YEAR OF UNDERDOGS AND TOOK DOWN MORE HYPE TRAINS THAN ISIS DOES IN SPAIN
I forgot about that. However, I also wasn't around for a few months when that happened so I didn't want to include something I didn't know much about. I honestly have no recollection of playing against Alexander or Ody that much. This isn't to take away from them, I just don't want to form an opinion of someone I do not know much about.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2018, 02:00:13 am »
Spoiler
Every couple months I have to defend my placement against the various nerds I've rustled over the years. The most annoying tradition.

Karth is NOT #1 by any means. He relied insanely on hill camping and shooting. He would actively try to get as hilly a map allowable in 1v1s so he wouldn't have to melee. This is your 63e bias showing.

The 12th leadership should be #1, set in stone, anyone disagreeing really does not know what they are talking about

Good on Asian at #3

Cheeseypants is a good leader but was not a contender nearly as long. Also was not a contender at all until some of the best meleers to touch the game joined his regiment. And you cite the 71st beating a Lawbringer reg as the big accomplishment? zoinks!

Russianfury I can't comment on. Waste? When my mic was broken, I had to lead through chat and we still had no trouble. The Nr37 was one of the regiments the 3eVolt would consistently defeat. Waste's leadership would not come into consideration until AFTER the hayday of the 71st, 12th, 63e, AND 3eVolt. Likewise with Russian, but I don't know what he was up to during those days.

In my one official LB leading against AsianP, I/we beat him. (3eVolt vs 58e). I think Asian has a couple reasons to be above me but I have earned my spot behind him.

Millander is one of the greatest leaders, but I find it funny you place him 7th when you state yourself you have 0 knowledge of him leading. Sign of this list devolving further into retardation

The only reason the 1a/14th won season 1 of NWL was because the 12th and 3eVolt were placed into league 2 for some reason. The 1a was never a contender. How can you include Wardop but omit someone like Alexander?
I find your inability to read laughable. I have stated multiple times now that this doesn't have 100% to do with leading. It has a lot to do with influence. I don't have to be in Millander's regiment to know how influential it was to so many people, in the same way that I only had to play a few linebattles with the 63e against you to know you act like a whiny girl you are when you get shot to shit. You literally told your guys to spread out 5 man spacing in a 1v1 because us shooting so distressed you that you lost your shit.

I have additionally stated that I have not formed opinions on people who I have not played against. Did I just the gun against Lawbringer? Perhaps. Is he even a top 10 leader to some people? Usually not. Defeating your own argument within the argument.. isn't an argument.

To go to Karth, I have him on number 1 due to his influence in addition to his leading. The 63e is the largest NA regiment to every exist in NW history. The 63e itself is a huge gaming community with hundreds of members and its NW servers were massive, most notably the siege. The 63e wasn't that good, you all are right, but it still stayed competitive regardless. Funny that you all say we hill camped but the reality was that there was usually one hill on the 1v1 maps we chose so obviously someone is going to go for it. Are you trying to say you would give up the tactical advantage of the hill, Mr. Pioneering Tactics? This argument is both flawed and laughable.

At the end of the day I made this list to put together a group of individuals who I considered to be the best tactically and most influential, and I have stated in the thread that it isn't solely on leading. It still makes no sense to say that relying on shooting isn't a big thing. AsianP against the LG was always the LG attacking them and them (the 3e) shooting more then us. Does this mean the entire 3eVolt should be removed from all lists because it's hypocritical of its own leadership? Each regiment has strengths and it's the character of the leader to work around those. How do you think the AEF beat the 3eVolt? By charging them? No. They went Erwin Rommel and played their own game by shooting more.

Attacking other regiments for playing to their own strengths is the hallmark of a failed leader. You have so inflated your own ego that you refuse to realize that other regiments have a better understanding of what to do then yourself and yours. Playing to one's strength is literally the point of the game and boils all the way to duels. Should the Viet Cong have fought in the open because the American's didn't like it? Potentially the worst argument I've heard.

Wardop additionally is a person who I put on there because he still won NWL which isn't exactly an easy feat, even beating us in a super close match.  Perhaps if the 3e hadn't disbanded for the 30th time it could have played in that NWL and won it, but it didn't.
[close]

Leading lists are near impossible to make tbh

For those who have not lead contending regiments, yes
Grim is spot on. Its one thing for the normal plebs to say these things, but the perspective of leaders who actually spend most days of a week, every week for years is much different.

Theres so much that Leaders process when in 1v1's that make or break your 1v1 record. Karth sat on a hill and afk'd for an hour while his guys shot. Thats not really leading. If you were to rank him on his actual abilities which was picking up the 63e from ruins, building a huge community, thats because he was a fantastic administrator who could lead to the ability people expected of him. Tico should go to #1 because not only did Tico have a good regiment in terms of overall skill, he had the leading capability to go with it.

Personally Karth should go 7th, then the rest should move up 1.

Millander is an odd one, I don't think you can really put him high on any list just because like Lurvy said, he doesn't want to be known for that. He was more engrossed by his community which he carried on in the 15e. Not to mention the 1stFKI was dominant in a time where there was nobody to challenge them in NA to the fullest extent.

Cheesey is another strange one, 71st's 1v1 record for the most part was against mostly mid tiered regiments. Then I remember 3eVolt did a 1v1 which I attended, they played really well and then they really stepped into the light and did well for the year or so up until they disbanded.
As stated before, Millander was an NANW icon and his influence to the scene is still remembered by anyone who played the game in 2013-2014.

Cheesey winning that many NWL's is no joke. I never met a leader who was actually charismatic enough to attract such a large crowd of people. Again, perhaps if the 3e hadn't disbanded as always it could have played in those same NWL's, but it didn't.

Karth's influence is massive and I have heard of no other NW regiments to bring in hundreds of recruits every holiday.

/rant
I think you seem to miss understand the point William. The point of a regiment isn't just to monopolize the game and see who can recruit the most. All of that work wasn't done by just Karth. Is this not about the leader specifically?

Once again we are talking about LEADERS and their capabilities, not colonels and their ability to spend money.

Is Millander an Icon or a good leader? You seem to get the two mixed up. Either he is a good leader or he wasn't. If the guy didn't even enjoy 1v1's, then I doubt he was even tested to the best of his abilities therefor you can't really place him on a list for leaders. Put him on a list for influential individuals where someone like Karth deserves to be #1.

Nobody said that Cheesey wasn't deserving of his title. I for one enjoyed every LB played against 71st. What I said was, they had a crazy good year long run where they topped NW.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 02:03:16 am by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Chantakey

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2018, 02:04:11 am »

I forgot about that. However, I also wasn't around for a few months when that happened so I didn't want to include something I didn't know much about. I honestly have no recollection of playing against Alexander or Ody that much. This isn't to take away from them, I just don't want to form an opinion of someone I do not know much about.
Thats why the video is there
and i agree but, winning 2 championships, I mean for having no big names besides me dj and alex and still being the best NA for about a year until the game became boring should be an accomplishment.  We had no body and made them somebodys by training everyone and reinventing the way of leadership and groupfighting in NA.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2018, 02:06:59 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Every couple months I have to defend my placement against the various nerds I've rustled over the years. The most annoying tradition.

Karth is NOT #1 by any means. He relied insanely on hill camping and shooting. He would actively try to get as hilly a map allowable in 1v1s so he wouldn't have to melee. This is your 63e bias showing.

The 12th leadership should be #1, set in stone, anyone disagreeing really does not know what they are talking about

Good on Asian at #3

Cheeseypants is a good leader but was not a contender nearly as long. Also was not a contender at all until some of the best meleers to touch the game joined his regiment. And you cite the 71st beating a Lawbringer reg as the big accomplishment? zoinks!

Russianfury I can't comment on. Waste? When my mic was broken, I had to lead through chat and we still had no trouble. The Nr37 was one of the regiments the 3eVolt would consistently defeat. Waste's leadership would not come into consideration until AFTER the hayday of the 71st, 12th, 63e, AND 3eVolt. Likewise with Russian, but I don't know what he was up to during those days.

In my one official LB leading against AsianP, I/we beat him. (3eVolt vs 58e). I think Asian has a couple reasons to be above me but I have earned my spot behind him.

Millander is one of the greatest leaders, but I find it funny you place him 7th when you state yourself you have 0 knowledge of him leading. Sign of this list devolving further into retardation

The only reason the 1a/14th won season 1 of NWL was because the 12th and 3eVolt were placed into league 2 for some reason. The 1a was never a contender. How can you include Wardop but omit someone like Alexander?
I find your inability to read laughable. I have stated multiple times now that this doesn't have 100% to do with leading. It has a lot to do with influence. I don't have to be in Millander's regiment to know how influential it was to so many people, in the same way that I only had to play a few linebattles with the 63e against you to know you act like a whiny girl you are when you get shot to shit. You literally told your guys to spread out 5 man spacing in a 1v1 because us shooting so distressed you that you lost your shit.

I have additionally stated that I have not formed opinions on people who I have not played against. Did I just the gun against Lawbringer? Perhaps. Is he even a top 10 leader to some people? Usually not. Defeating your own argument within the argument.. isn't an argument.

To go to Karth, I have him on number 1 due to his influence in addition to his leading. The 63e is the largest NA regiment to every exist in NW history. The 63e itself is a huge gaming community with hundreds of members and its NW servers were massive, most notably the siege. The 63e wasn't that good, you all are right, but it still stayed competitive regardless. Funny that you all say we hill camped but the reality was that there was usually one hill on the 1v1 maps we chose so obviously someone is going to go for it. Are you trying to say you would give up the tactical advantage of the hill, Mr. Pioneering Tactics? This argument is both flawed and laughable.

At the end of the day I made this list to put together a group of individuals who I considered to be the best tactically and most influential, and I have stated in the thread that it isn't solely on leading. It still makes no sense to say that relying on shooting isn't a big thing. AsianP against the LG was always the LG attacking them and them (the 3e) shooting more then us. Does this mean the entire 3eVolt should be removed from all lists because it's hypocritical of its own leadership? Each regiment has strengths and it's the character of the leader to work around those. How do you think the AEF beat the 3eVolt? By charging them? No. They went Erwin Rommel and played their own game by shooting more.

Attacking other regiments for playing to their own strengths is the hallmark of a failed leader. You have so inflated your own ego that you refuse to realize that other regiments have a better understanding of what to do then yourself and yours. Playing to one's strength is literally the point of the game and boils all the way to duels. Should the Viet Cong have fought in the open because the American's didn't like it? Potentially the worst argument I've heard.

Wardop additionally is a person who I put on there because he still won NWL which isn't exactly an easy feat, even beating us in a super close match.  Perhaps if the 3e hadn't disbanded for the 30th time it could have played in that NWL and won it, but it didn't.
[close]

Leading lists are near impossible to make tbh

For those who have not lead contending regiments, yes
Grim is spot on. Its one thing for the normal plebs to say these things, but the perspective of leaders who actually spend most days of a week, every week for years is much different.

Theres so much that Leaders process when in 1v1's that make or break your 1v1 record. Karth sat on a hill and afk'd for an hour while his guys shot. Thats not really leading. If you were to rank him on his actual abilities which was picking up the 63e from ruins, building a huge community, thats because he was a fantastic administrator who could lead to the ability people expected of him. Tico should go to #1 because not only did Tico have a good regiment in terms of overall skill, he had the leading capability to go with it.

Personally Karth should go 7th, then the rest should move up 1.

Millander is an odd one, I don't think you can really put him high on any list just because like Lurvy said, he doesn't want to be known for that. He was more engrossed by his community which he carried on in the 15e. Not to mention the 1stFKI was dominant in a time where there was nobody to challenge them in NA to the fullest extent.

Cheesey is another strange one, 71st's 1v1 record for the most part was against mostly mid tiered regiments. Then I remember 3eVolt did a 1v1 which I attended, they played really well and then they really stepped into the light and did well for the year or so up until they disbanded.
As stated before, Millander was an NANW icon and his influence to the scene is still remembered by anyone who played the game in 2013-2014.

Cheesey winning that many NWL's is no joke. I never met a leader who was actually charismatic enough to attract such a large crowd of people. Again, perhaps if the 3e hadn't disbanded as always it could have played in those same NWL's, but it didn't.

Karth's influence is massive and I have heard of no other NW regiments to bring in hundreds of recruits every holiday.

/rant
I think you seem to miss understand the point William. The point of a regiment isn't just to monopolize the game and see who can recruit the most. All of that work wasn't done by just Karth. Is this not about the leader specifically?

Is Millander an Icon or a good leader? You seem to get the two mixed up. Either he is a good leader or he wasn't. If the guy didn't even enjoy 1v1's, then I doubt he was even tested to the best of his abilities therefor you can't really place him on a list for leaders. Put him on a list for influential individuals where someone like Karth deserves to be #1.

Nobody said that Cheesey wasn't deserving of his title. I for one enjoyed every LB played against 71st.
[close]
I think you misunderstand the point. A monopoly forms whenever no one else can form any competition to a particular product or service. The 63e was smart enough to see the future, invest in it by having THEIR players get on it, and recruiting. It's the same with how the popular EU siege servers moved around from 84e to 33rd, etc. It's entirely about the influence of the leader and how much he puts into his members that determines what he will get out of them.

To Millander, I think he was both. However, when I played against him in a 1v1 in the 44th we stomped him. This doesn't mean he is a terrible leader, but he is still very much an important person in the community. There's really not much to misunderstand on that; He was influential to most people who had any idea of who he was. The role of Millander in NW is different to everybody but to me almost any person I ever talked to knew him and had a funny story to tell about him and his crazy afro.

at the end of the day it is all opinion. These are my opinions based on my experiences. Obviously other people are going to be different, in the same way that 3eVolt want more 3eVolt or 5th want more 5th or 63e want more 63e. These are all just massive conflations of egos into one thread.
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
[close]

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2018, 02:08:23 am »
You completely miss understood the point of what I said. Thats okay though. You do you.

P.S 63e had to recruit so many people during holidays because they all left just as quick OMEGALUL
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 02:14:46 am by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2018, 02:31:15 am »
No popcorn posts
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 04:30:18 am by Xethos »

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2018, 02:34:35 am »
Popcorn no
That's against forum rules i'm reporting you.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 04:30:56 am by Xethos »

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2018, 02:48:26 am »
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2018, 09:37:36 pm »
Smh when people can't admit that Karth was the best leader of a regiment.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Yvrul

• Private
  • Lt. of the 1. Leib Husaren, IV Korps for life
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH_Lt_Lurvy / 4e_Huss_Cvl_Lurvy
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2018, 10:02:55 pm »

He wasn't though. 63e was at its best when he left. Offizer turned the 63e into a respected regiment. I mean, look at the cavalry company at that time. They were able to compete with tier 2 cavalry regiments, because he allowed them growth. Karth comes back and disbands it right when the 63e cavalry was about to push themselves into the tier 1 category.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2018, 10:12:46 pm »

He wasn't though. 63e was at its best when he left. Offizer turned the 63e into a respected regiment. I mean, look at the cavalry company at that time. They were able to compete with tier 2 cavalry regiments, because he allowed them growth. Karth comes back and disbands it right when the 63e cavalry was about to push themselves into the tier 1 category.
That is a critique I have of Karth; That he didn't foster much growth outside of his guard company in addition to the line companies. I think it was disappointing that very little growth happened but Ray and I both did good jobs with our respective specialist companies, mine being skirms and his being cavalry when he did allow us to branch off. I think Ray just just cared less and that's why the 63e got bigger and expanded more outside of line infantry
Spoiler
[close]

Offline AsianP

• Major
  • Retired
    • View Profile
  • Nick: AsianP
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2018, 05:07:47 am »
We lost to the AEF? What?
1st Place Vetro's Old Fashion 2v2 (Team Bird: AsianP, Armada), 1st Place Dan's Ultimate Dueling Tournament VIII, 1st Place 5v5 Groupfighting Tournament (TeamGG), 1st Place 8v8 Groupfighting Tournament (Tier 1), 2nd Place 2v2 Tournament (Old School), 3rd Place 1v1 Duel Tournament, 1st Place Undefeated NANWL S5 (NA 91st), 1st Place Undefeated NANWL S6 (3eVolt), 2nd Place TNWL S2 Pro League (58eme), 2nd Place NAPL S2 (3eVolt),  1st Place NA Regimental Groupfighting League(3eVolt), 1st Place Napoleonic War's Golden League (42nd), 2nd Place OG Mudbone 1v1 Duel Tournament

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2018, 07:08:07 am »
We lost to the AEF? What?
First quote in my signature. It was quite the spectacle in the LG when we heard that one
Spoiler
[close]