Author Topic: CluelessWill's Top North American Leaders  (Read 6394 times)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
CluelessWill's Top North American Leaders
« on: June 04, 2018, 10:10:57 pm »
Hoping on the bandwagon to make my own list. If this offends you then I've done my job.

1. Karth (92)
Spoiler
I believe that Karth fundamentally did the most with the least. The 63e did have good melee characters but ultimately lacked the 'stars' that other regiments such as the 12th and 3eVolt had. This was made up for by the general skill of Karth's leading and excellent shooting ability and positioning of the 63e. There is a large amount of accusations that center on the alleged hillcamping of the 63e but as a member of the 'golden era' of the 63e, I can confidently say that most 'hill camping' was done to get another regiment to move off of their hill. I overall believe that Karth's accolades and leading abilities coupled with an overall less skilled regiment make him the best leader of NA
[close]
2. Tico (91)
Spoiler
There is little doubt that the 12th was and will be the greatest NW regiment of all time. Tico lead this great regiment to many titles and was an amazing leader. I have him ranked as number 2 simply because the high level of the 12th did mean that momentary lapses of leadership could be made up for by their excellent individual skill in melee.
[close]
3. AsianP (90)
Spoiler
AsianP is both a phenomenal player and leader. He lead multiple regiments (but for the sake of this the 3eVolt) to many victories and was easily a top 3 regiment against the likes of the LG (even post 45e merge). He was a great leader who knew how to get in close and use the 3eVolt's excellent melee to his advantage. He also had a great chain of command with people such as Godfried and Risk under him to provide should he not be there.
[close]
4. Cheesypants (89)
Spoiler
With multiple NWL wins and runner-ups under his belt, Cheesy demonstrated excellent leadership of the 71st and even saw the regiment end up on a high note as they destroyed the Weeb known as 'Lawbringer' during the Twitch Napoleonic Wars League Finals before disbanding.
[close]
5. RussianFury/Waste (86)
Spoiler
I have both of these great people together because they were a true split (imo). RussianFury would later take on most of the duties but at the height of the LG it was a truly split system. Russian and Waste were able to maneuver extremely well with their line and made excellent use of the reverse line tactic. Russian ultimately called the shots but Waste was a more then competent leader. I believe that even before the 45e merge into the LG that Russian and Waste were able to accomplish a lot in the scene in a very short amount of time in the wake of the 71st disbandment and exodus of many well known players
[close]
6. Grimsight (83)
Spoiler
Grimsight was an okay leader. I think he did a good job and he still accomplished a large amount over a large amount of time. I don't have him as a top 5 simply because I believe that the 12th and 63e meant he would never truly be able to become a top 1 regiment for an extended period of time but he still did a good job in the most competitive time of NANW. In short, he wasn't the leader that AsianP was. I also docked him as he included unofficial 1v1's on his record and this is a personal vendetta I have against him.
[close]
7. Millander +1 (80)
Spoiler
I never personally played with Millander so I have very little recollection of his abilities, I simply knew him for the passwords that made me want to leave the game such as 'hardeeslightinfantrytactics.' Regardless the 1stFKI lives on in NANW lore and he was able to form an extremely good regiment with a great group of players.
[close]
8. Wardop +1 (76)
Spoiler
The 14th/1a was a very good regiment and is often times forgotten despite the fact that they won a season of NWL. Although it was only one season that is still a worthy accomplishment.
[close]
9. Offizer/Zen -2 (72)
Spoiler
With the wake of the post-Karth exodus, Offizer and Zen were still able to keep Karth's 63e strong utilizing many of the same strategies while having even less skilled players. I believe they are great leaders and deserve a spot for leading a regiment that was mostly for non-competitive events on a scale that no other NA regiment has ever seen. Similar to Grimsight, neither would surpass their previous leader
[close]
10. Stox (70)
Spoiler
The 54th was by no means a GOAT regiment but they were still a force to be reckoned with back in the days of 50 man lines. What Stox lacked in basic English sentence structure he made up for in leading. During my tenure in the 63e every LB we had with the 54th was a long and drawn out affair where the smallest lapse in leading could mean the difference between a win and loss. Stox was an average leader during a competitive stretch of NW.
[close]

11. Mack [New] (69)
Spoiler
Although not a leader in the sense of linebattles, he started a model of a regiment where no one person commanded it. This was revolutionary to NW where there were large systems of power divided among leaders, subordinates and rankers. In the 9y with the system of equality it attracted a unique group of people who went on to be a dominant force in NANW and forever reshape the scene, even challenging the likes of the 12th during their prime.
[close]
12. Drew -1 (65)
Spoiler
Most people probably do not remember Drew but he lead the 18e in 2013. I joined this regiment and the fact that Drew nearly beat the 12th with their being an admin decision that decided the game was something I'll always remember. He's an example of a contender regiment which formed out of humble beginnings and was able to challenge a big name regiment relatively fast. I keep him on this list as he was a good friend of mine and a great person to know. He highlights that you don't need big shot's to be the best, similar to the 63e.
[close]

Reasoning: The majority of my lists are from the 2012-2016 era of NW. I still played throughout 2017-2018 but these times saw a lot of the big named regiments and players leave or experience lots of their core members moving away from NW. It also saw the concentration of skill based players in relatively few regiments which allowed leaders like Lawbringer to have good melee despite poor leadership. I believe 2013-2016 was the best era and highlighted the diversity of skill among North American regiments and the amount of 'contender' regiments that arose such as the 18th and 14th/1a. My lists includes accomplishments from organized linebattle events but I also draw a fair bit out of 1v1's that were done before these. There is also a lot done in terms of the legacy and influence of these leaders. This is exemplified in leaders such as Millander and Karth who are still remembered today despite not being as competitive of a regiment as others.

Disclaimer: I still didn't play against a lot of regiments though so it's hard to formulate opinions on certain leaders such as Alexander, Ody, & KnightofStJohn, etc. These are based mostly on my tenure in the 63e, 71st, and LG.

This list is subject to change
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 08:47:01 pm by William »
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: CluelessWill's Top North American Leaders
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 10:29:52 pm »
Interesting place to put Grim. As much as I get he may have put unofficial matches on his 1v1 list (tbh EU doesn't really have this so I dont really care), he was still the only leader to beat 12th. Not just by camping either. The tenure of 3eVolt while he was the leader was something like 7-8 months more than the 63e spent at the top of competitive NA.

Whether or not you agree with that I'm not really bothered because after all you are biased towards 63e. but the 63e was always a decent regiment, then they had a bunch of people join for like 2 months, winning NWL then all proceeded to bandwagon off elsewhere.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 10:40:12 pm »
Excuse me, but all 12th will be dead by 9y
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 10:40:50 pm »
For the next list please rank all 1k+ members of the 63e throughout its tenure.

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 10:44:12 pm »
Interesting place to put Grim. As much as I get he may have put unofficial matches on his 1v1 list (tbh EU doesn't really have this so I dont really care), he was still the only leader to beat 12th. Not just by camping either.

+1

Two of the 12th's losses were from the 3eVolt. Grimsight is a very underrated leader, in my opinion. You may take that as a bias as I did serve for him for over a year and a half, but he is HIGHLY underrated.

Spoiler
He also P I O N E E R E D  T A C T I C S
[close]

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 10:48:07 pm »
Excuse me, but all 12th will be dead by 9y
Even as a member of the 2te I didn't quite know if Mack deserved a leadership spot simply because he wasn't a defacto leader, especially with lines. However, I did also give Zen and Offizer a spot for organization of a large regiment so I suppose he also deserves a spot for the regiment model he invented.

For the next list please rank all 1k+ members of the 63e throughout its tenure.
Easier said then done  ::)

Interesting place to put Grim. As much as I get he may have put unofficial matches on his 1v1 list (tbh EU doesn't really have this so I dont really care), he was still the only leader to beat 12th. Not just by camping either.

+1

Two of the 12th's losses were from the 3eVolt. Grimsight is a very underrated leader, in my opinion. You may take that as a bias as I did serve for him for over a year and a half, but he is HIGHLY underrated.

Spoiler
He also P I O N E E R E D  T A C T I C S
[close]
I'm not saying he's overrated or underrated, just that in the grand scheme of NW I think others accomplished more.
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
[close]

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 10:53:26 pm »
See now this is a good list. Only person missing that I think should be in is Alexander really.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 11:01:08 pm »
Saying laws regiment had poor leadership is just plain wrong and disrespectful. He led a cav reg with pretty much no knowledge of 1v1s in a season of NWL and actually did pretty well. Law was/is a solid leader. Put some respeck on his name
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 11:08:39 pm »
Saying laws regiment had poor leadership is just plain wrong and disrespectful. He led a cav reg with pretty much no knowledge of 1v1s in a season of NWL and actually did pretty well. Law was/is a solid leader. Put some respeck on his name
I didn't play against him enough but I just went off of what people in my regiments said which was that he wasn't good, and in the premier game of NANW, the TNWL finals, he lost. If you can provide some videos of him shitting on a tier 1 regiment I'm open for a change on my list.
Spoiler
[close]

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 11:23:33 pm »
Yeah the problem with tournaments is there isnt really a "season" like tournament seasons on CSGO for example, so its hard to gauge how good a leader is during the downtime of tournaments. Grim successfully kept 3eVolt in the top 3 of NA, despite AsianP and some of his followers leaving for at least a year. When you had rising stars like 71st, 12th, 63e, 58e etc. all coming and going at the same time. Thats worth giving props to.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Yvrul

• Private
  • Lt. of the 1. Leib Husaren, IV Korps for life
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH_Lt_Lurvy / 4e_Huss_Cvl_Lurvy
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018, 11:26:53 pm »
Are these competitive leaders? Millander always says he doesn't belong on those types of list, because he didn't like 1v1s.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2018, 11:31:50 pm »
Are these competitive leaders? Millander always says he doesn't belong on those types of list, because he didn't like 1v1s.
It's not entirely based on competitive aspects. I have Offizer/Zen/Mack in there for their impact on the game and contributions outside of 1v1's
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Yvrul

• Private
  • Lt. of the 1. Leib Husaren, IV Korps for life
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH_Lt_Lurvy / 4e_Huss_Cvl_Lurvy
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 11:35:19 pm »
I didn't play against him enough but I just went off of what people in my regiments said which was that he wasn't good, and in the premier game of NANW, the TNWL finals, he lost. If you can provide some videos of him shitting on a tier 1 regiment I'm open for a change on my list.

Are you using a 8-9 loss to the favorites of TNWL as a black mark for his leading? He was going up against a really good regiment and leading core.

And as for NANWL S6, it was IB that led the IV not Law. Law led against the 4th, but got outplayed in the first two rounds and said he wasn't up for it and IB took over and we lost 4-6.

It's not entirely based on competitive aspects. I have Offizer/Zen/Mack in there for their impact on the game and contributions outside of 1v1's

I gotcha now.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2018, 11:39:42 pm »

Are you using a 8-9 loss to the favorites of TNWL as a black mark for his leading? He was going up against a really good regiment and leading core.

And as for NANWL S6, it was IB that led the IV not Law. Law led against the 4th, but got outplayed in the first two rounds and said he wasn't up for it and IB took over and we lost 4-6.

I gotcha now.
didnt law lead like an hour long match against the 63e? I mainly just remember Ib leading the back and law the front
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2018, 11:40:54 pm »

He also had a ton of extremely good 'recruits' join last minute before that linebattle. If I had more to base him off of then I would consider giving him a spot but as far as I know he lost the only linebattle I played against him in one that had extreme importance. Like I said, it's based on my time in the 63e, 71st and LG and we did not play Lawbringer very often, or at least enough for me to recollect and form a definitive enough opinion to rank.
Spoiler

I gotcha now.
didnt law lead like an hour long match against the 63e?
[close]
Tbf I can't recall.
Spoiler
[close]