Author Topic: When do you think the game was at its prime ?  (Read 2973 times)

Offline Benallo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Millionaire IRL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Benallo
  • Side: Neutral
When do you think the game was at its prime ?
« on: February 12, 2020, 05:40:59 pm »
Now, we have a little competitive community. When I started playing competitively in 2015, I remember there were more players, though the level of the people wasn't at its "prime". 2017 has seen some new players start being really good and the skill was at its prime due to a big rivalry between some teams.
That's only my point of view and yours could be way different!

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: When do you think the game was at its prime ?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 05:54:01 pm »
Hard to say I think there were several 'primes or peaks'.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 05:57:20 pm »

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 06:07:21 pm »
13'-15'. After that it was a slow tumble down.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 06:10:24 pm »
Depends what you define as prime, I mean prime in terms of playerbase would definitely be around 2015-16 but in terms of skill of course over time players are going to get better and there will be more 'good' players as the average skill level will go up the longer the game is out and new players stop coming in so realistically in terms of skill the prime would always be the current date.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Bidbig

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 06:14:08 pm »

Agreed 2020 is🔥🔥🔥

A tournament every 3 days, Rikkert’s successful crusade against all French people, the successful condemnation of cheating foreigners, witnessing the rise of Flusha and the downfall of his dog enemies. And It’s only February!

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 06:23:34 pm »

Agreed 2020 is🔥🔥🔥

A tournament every 3 days, Rikkert’s successful crusade against all French people, the successful condemnation of cheating foreigners, witnessing the rise of Flusha and the downfall of his dog enemies. And It’s only February!
blatantly ignoring the return of the nw history podcast

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 06:24:35 pm »
Flusha highest palamared player of 2020 check ur fact books its true

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 06:29:03 pm »
Depends what you define as prime, I mean prime in terms of playerbase would definitely be around 2015-16 but in terms of skill of course over time players are going to get better and there will be more 'good' players as the average skill level will go up the longer the game is out and new players stop coming in so realistically in terms of skill the prime would always be the current date.

false. the average level always goes up over time but the "prime" or "peak" level doesn't; that basically relies entirely on team/player rivalries to motivate people to play more at the top level. no idea when this would be in NW, but 2015 is usually agreed as the peak level in Native (for battle) because of the 3-way rivalry between AE, Freelancers and KURWA which motivated all of the players on those teams to play a lot and innovate with new tactics. presumably u can point to a similar time in NW when there were several teams actively engaged in a rivalry with all of their players tryharding.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline DrunkenSpartan

• Sergeant Major
  • Run towards the sound of thunder :P It's more fun.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Fus_Spartan
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 06:29:26 pm »
CIA World Factbook confirms, Flusha is the best EU
It's the same old thing since 1916
In your head, in your head they're still fighting
With their tanks and their bombs
And air bombs and their guns
In your head, in your head they are dying...

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 06:29:48 pm »

Agreed 2020 is🔥🔥🔥

blatantly ignoring the return of the nw history podcast
Ivan died so Mac could return

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 06:48:47 pm »

false. the average level always goes up over time but the "prime" or "peak" level doesn't; that basically relies entirely on team/player rivalries to motivate people to play more at the top level. no idea when this would be in NW, but 2015 is usually agreed as the peak level in Native (for battle) because of the 3-way rivalry between AE, Freelancers and KURWA which motivated all of the players on those teams to play a lot and innovate with new tactics. presumably u can point to a similar time in NW when there were several teams actively engaged in a rivalry with all of their players tryharding.

Wouldn't agree you can see a clear disparity between the skill of players just by watching youtube through the years. NW is pretty hard to compare to native I think its a pretty complex subject. So I will just leave it at the fact that you can visibly see a difference in the way people played up until now.

Elsse

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2020, 06:51:22 pm »

Agreed 2020 is🔥🔥🔥

Not "all" retard

David_Schrein

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2020, 07:15:34 pm »
Lol nw prime

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2020, 07:24:41 pm »

Wouldn't agree you can see a clear disparity between the skill of players just by watching youtube through the years. NW is pretty hard to compare to native I think its a pretty complex subject. So I will just leave it at the fact that you can visibly see a difference in the way people played up until now.
I mean there are old players I'd argue were very good and if they remained active would still be at the top now in NW but in terms of averages and 'peak' skill there are still players just as ep1c as 2013-2016.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.