Author Topic: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!  (Read 312541 times)

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!
« Reply #1080 on: July 10, 2015, 01:32:39 am »
If all the Russian troops use the same pants mesh then it can only be done as a separate modification. Darn pants sharing.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Pushok

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pushok
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1081 on: July 10, 2015, 10:10:50 am »
If all the Russian troops use the same pants mesh then it can only be done as a separate modification. Darn pants sharing.
Damnation. Thanks for help.

Offline Mercuri

• Second Lieutenant
  • Spanish King's Walloon Guard
    • View Profile
    • Comunidad Gamer Hispana
  • Nick: 2aBH_Mercuri / 5thFL_JacksonTeller
« Reply #1082 on: July 10, 2015, 01:08:09 pm »
mmm not really, you can delete in the brf the pants shared by some units and place an invisible object, then add the pants that you want to the coat as a part of the object (.1 .2 .3 ...) for each troop that was using the pants of the begining. Its a hard work but it works xD

An example: The russian dragon pants was used by rusian cavalry and few officers from other nations, so I pasted the invisible object with the pants name (rus_dragoon_pants) but then I need to add the pants as a part of the russian dragoon coat (rus_dragoon_ranker.3)
Spoiler
[close]
You can find the invisible object in mmweapons.brf
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:18:07 pm by Mercuri »

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 10, 2015, 05:46:37 pm »
Marks, I have made a video of my problem in OpenBRF. And yes, these changes happen in-game.

It should be here when it's processed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAX-RDS_9gQ&feature=youtu.be

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: July 10, 2015, 06:38:07 pm »
no idea  :-\

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 10, 2015, 07:49:57 pm »
Damnation. Thanks for help.
Well the method below may work, sometimes the pants may clip through each other being an attached mesh and assigned pants itm
mmm not really, you can delete in the brf the pants shared by some units and place an invisible object, then add the pants that you want to the coat as a part of the object (.1 .2 .3 ...) for each troop that was using the pants of the begining. Its a hard work but it works xD

An example: The russian dragon pants was used by rusian cavalry and few officers from other nations, so I pasted the invisible object with the pants name (rus_dragoon_pants) but then I need to add the pants as a part of the russian dragoon coat (rus_dragoon_ranker.3)
Spoiler
[close]
You can find the invisible object in mmweapons.brf

Marks, I have made a video of my problem in OpenBRF. And yes, these changes happen in-game.

It should be here when it's processed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAX-RDS_9gQ&feature=youtu.be
Damn OpenBRF. Looks like your main hat model, the actual hat is missing. Unless that somehow turned invisible.
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: July 10, 2015, 08:15:38 pm »
Just fixed it by messing around in OpenBRF.

I selected both of the meshes, and clicked Backfacing faces > add (x2 faces) and it worked.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 10, 2015, 08:42:21 pm »
Just fixed it by messing around in OpenBRF.

I selected both of the meshes, and clicked Backfacing faces > add (x2 faces) and it worked.
Well good to hear you got it fixed, and that will be useful reference should anyone be looking for a solution to the same problem.

Offline Miller786

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 12, 2015, 09:43:37 pm »
So, i'm trying to replace the musket particles so i  added them into particle_systems, deleted the musket fire and smoke effects in scripts.txt and added them under each gun in item_kinds1.txt however they are not showing up in multiplayer, what code should i put for them to show up?
Spoiler
Code
["british_brown_bess", "Infantry Musket", [("brown_bess_musket",0)], itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_type_crossbow |itp_merchandise|itp_primary|itp_two_handed|itp_cant_reload_on_horseback|itp_cant_reload_while_moving|itp_next_item_as_melee ,itcf_shoot_musket|itcf_carry_crossbow_back, 
683 , weight(3.5)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(23) | shoot_speed(250) | thrust_damage(100 ,pierce)|max_ammo(1)|accuracy(75),imodbits_none, [
    (ti_on_weapon_attack, [
      (multiplayer_is_server),
      (play_sound, "snd_pistol_shot"),
      (position_move_x, 1, -10),
      (position_move_y, pos1, 150),
      (copy_position, 2, 1),
      (position_move_x, 2, -4),
      (position_move_y, pos2, -140),
      (particle_system_burst, "psys_musket_smoke", pos1, 6),
      (particle_system_burst, "psys_musket_longsmoke", pos1, 3),
      (particle_system_burst, "psys_musket_flash", pos1, 1),
      (particle_system_burst, "psys_musket_pansmoke", pos2, 5),
      (particle_system_burst, "psys_pistol_panflash", pos2, 1),
    ]),
   ]],
[close]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:54:19 pm by Miller786 »

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 12, 2015, 10:24:48 pm »
Why exactly would you remove the musket fire and smoke effects from scripts? And then move the module_particle_systems snippet to the item code? That seems to be why you do not get them in-game yet. Keep the code from scripts in scripts and keep the code from module_particle_systems in the module_particles_system file. You should only need to modify the code in module_particle_systems instead to change the musket particles. Adding the particles code to an item in module_items may not work the same way.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1090 on: July 12, 2015, 11:38:16 pm »
Im just wondering how to put old NW grass again to use. I have new grass, but it causes problems, so i want to make that old work  :D

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 12, 2015, 11:41:49 pm »
Im just wondering how to put old NW grass again to use. I have new grass, but it causes problems, so i want to make that old work  :D
To answer your question whatever the new grass is, if it is a texture file should be easily replaced with NW's old texture file if you know the name of the Texture. Probably terrain_grassy.dds?

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1092 on: July 12, 2015, 11:45:07 pm »
terrain_grassy is not grass. I just want to bring back old grass, not changing textures.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 11:46:48 pm by Lubak97 aka ProDazzer_ »

Offline Miller786

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 12, 2015, 11:48:26 pm »
Why exactly would you remove the musket fire and smoke effects from scripts? And then move the module_particle_systems snippet to the item code? That seems to be why you do not get them in-game yet. Keep the code from scripts in scripts and keep the code from module_particle_systems in the module_particles_system file. You should only need to modify the code in module_particle_systems instead to change the musket particles. Adding the particles code to an item in module_items may not work the same way.
they do not show up correctly ingame if i only modify the particle system, i removed the code about fire and smoke musket effects in scripts.txt and added the code under the guns in item kinds because i dont understand how to implement that code in scripts.txt, aside that my main problem is that the particles show up in custom battles only and not in multiplayer
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 11:52:37 pm by Miller786 »

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 12, 2015, 11:59:21 pm »
terrain_grassy is not grass. I just want to bring back old grass, not changing textures.
What do you mean by bring back old grass? Re-adding old grass meshes in BRF files?
they do not show up correctly ingame if i only modify the particle system, i removed the code about fire and smoke musket effects in scripts.txt and added the code under the guns in item kinds because i dont understand how to implement that code in scripts.txt, aside that my main problem is that the particles show up in custom battles only and not in multiplayer
Wait, so if I read that right.. you removed the code in scripts.txt but did not say why you had to remove it. To implement what code? The musket particles? If it's some open source code it should tell you what file it goes under and where. Most likely if you are editing or replacing the musket particles it would go under particle_systems.txt or module_particle_systems.

Have you seen Step 8 in this tutorial? https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=11836.0 This lists how to edit the musket particles. I am puzzled why one would put additional code on an item.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 12:08:41 am by usnavy30 »