Author Topic: Developer Blog 5 - Napoleonic Wars Upcoming Patch & IndieDB  (Read 128120 times)

Offline Cherry

• Corporal
  • One pioneer. To rule all pioneer's.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cherry
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Developer Blog 5 - Napoleonic Wars Upcoming Patch & IndieDB
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2012, 07:18:18 pm »
Wait, this isn't a indie game. it published by paradox... does that not makes it independent.

Other than that, the new stuff looks good.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:48:08 pm by Cherry »
Cherry
- Napoleonic Wars Official Pioneer - Napoleonic Wars Beta Follower - The Veiled Stars Supporter - Benelux Language Board Viewer -  Regimental Leaders Steamgroup Visitor - Possible Donator -Pilot spectator+1st European [Groupfighting] Cup runner ups

Offline Schrutes

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2012, 07:34:14 pm »
Is there multiple types of body models for the sailor? I love a big muscular man as much as the next guy but sometimes its nice to snuggle up with a more curvy man.

I'll send some examples of what I'm talking about if you want? But I feel that some of the pictures from my personal folder are not suitable for this forum.

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
  • Side: Union
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2012, 07:34:53 pm »
I have no idea why they can't adds the components of a regular ship (lifeboat) and just larger to pull this off. It doesn't have to have cannons..

Cannons are not the actualy problem. They just increase it even more. The problem, is the size of the frigate. It is too large to move it without crashing the server or the game... :(

I would like to do it differently, but it does not work, due to Warbands Engine. :(

I really like you Olaf, but this time you disappoint me.. Adding ships and making me hyped for naval battles, but you come with this?! ಠ_ಠ

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2012, 07:41:21 pm »
Wait, this isn't a indie game. it published by paradox... does that not makes it independent.

Other than that, the new stuff looks good. will there be sailors with shirts on, its might get abit gay if there isnt.

Really dude? really?

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2012, 09:13:18 pm »
I have no idea why they can't adds the components of a regular ship (lifeboat) and just larger to pull this off. It doesn't have to have cannons..

Cannons are not the actualy problem. They just increase it even more. The problem, is the size of the frigate. It is too large to move it without crashing the server or the game... :(

I would like to do it differently, but it does not work, due to Warbands Engine. :(
Then why not just use the scene prop and plop some cannons on it, players then go on the lifeboats to travel around?

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2012, 09:40:50 pm »
Out of extreme curiosity, if someone makes a black character, will their body be black? How about a woman? Will they have breasts with some sort of chest wrap or shirt, or something?

Offline Peter

• Sergeant
  • Otherwise known as: Biteme, Retep and Mr awesome
    • View Profile
    • Casual Scribbling
  • Nick: Biteme
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2012, 09:46:27 pm »
Then why not just use the scene prop and plop some cannons on it, players then go on the lifeboats to travel around?

Em, that is exactly what we are planning? :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:01:53 am by Peter »
Cogito Ergo Sum

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2012, 09:58:52 pm »

Em, that is exactly what we are planning?
Well I couldn't tell where the lifeboats or cannons went, thanks for confirming.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2012, 10:26:32 pm »

So, then we ned more info about this naval battle stuff. Seems like a wasted idea now.

Wasted? Oh no, it is not a wasted idea. It is still going to be great, believe me. We will do something you will enjoy.

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2012, 11:15:21 pm »
We are happy with what we get honey

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2012, 11:28:23 pm »
Double post because I'm too lazy to edit my previous one :P

Could you have something that says who has joined the game and when, so  when they see "Jacob has entered the game" THEY SHALL RUN IN FEAR!

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skipper
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2012, 12:17:24 am »
Double post because I'm too lazy to edit my previous one :P

Could you have something that says who has joined the game and when, so  when they see "Jacob has entered the game" THEY SHALL RUN IN FEAR!

It might clog up the server thing alongside all the kills, deaths, and messages
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline Diplex

• Vital Supporter
  • Colonel Edward B. Fowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2012, 12:53:01 am »

I really like you Olaf, but this time you disappoint me.. Adding ships and making me hyped for naval battles, but you come with this?! ಠ_ಠ

Well, he didnt exactly create the Warband engine, right? Nothing they can do about it.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2012, 01:09:37 am »
 If you want a Warband-naval system, one with cannons and crews, just wait for Caribbean!, when it comes out whenever it does. Whether or not it has multiplayer, though... :-\

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2012, 01:20:36 am »
Can you guys please answer this question?!?!?

Out of extreme curiosity, if someone makes a black character, will their body be black? How about a woman? Will they have breasts with some sort of chest wrap or shirt, or something?