Author Topic: ~Corrupt Admins in NW~  (Read 18500 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: ~Corrupt Admins in NW~
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2020, 06:17:18 am »
thanks kapow, very cool!

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2020, 06:38:25 am »
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2020, 07:04:44 am »
- Get rid of the laggy ass servers (I know 150-200 man events can be laggy but the servers now a days are a lot worse imo)

The server that we use for every day but Tuesday (except the N&S events) is a $120/month NFO box. It's a fairly robust server. It runs a TS and weekly Arma 3 sessions, and has been used for a variety of other games, all with no problems. It's a dedicated box, which means no slot system and no overbooking the server. You're not going to get much better than that.

The problem is that NW is a resource hog, moreso than it used to be, and the Warband engine was never made more efficient to handle it. The extra faction and the new scripts, while nice, didn't help performance at all. It still all uses one CPU core. The graphics engine is so wonky that new cards and drivers tend to produce worse performance. I can pretty much guarantee that, at least for the dedicated NFO box, most of the extra lag you get is because your client can no longer handle drawing 200 players.

Recently, we had an event where we discovered the hard cap on server capacity is 250. Some people lagged extremely hard, some didn't. My old laptop with its 650M didn't really lag much at all, but people with $1000 computers thought it was unplayable. Everybody blamed the server, but I'm more inclined to think people view their computers like people used to view their hot rods: totally infallible, evidence to the contrary be damned.

It is, more than ever, insanely easy to put pressure on any server because of how bad the networking engine is. Reviving and/or slaying everybody on a full server, for example, tends to massacre performance. Naturally, the first thing every single new admin does when they get the password is log on and revive everybody twenty times.

I have not had good experiences on Warlance or QIG servers since the last couple of updates. The lag on them, especially at or right after peak hours, is basically unplayable for me. Some people notice the difference, some don't.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2020, 07:21:41 am »
- Get rid of the laggy ass servers (I know 150-200 man events can be laggy but the servers now a days are a lot worse imo)

The server that we use for every day but Tuesday (except the N&S events) is a $120/month NFO box. It's a fairly robust server. It runs a TS and weekly Arma 3 sessions, and has been used for a variety of other games, all with no problems. It's a dedicated box, which means no slot system and no overbooking the server. You're not going to get much better than that.

The problem is that NW is a resource hog, moreso than it used to be, and the Warband engine was never made more efficient to handle it. The extra faction and the new scripts, while nice, didn't help performance at all. It still all uses one CPU core. The graphics engine is so wonky that new cards and drivers tend to produce worse performance. I can pretty much guarantee that, at least for the dedicated NFO box, most of the extra lag you get is because your client can no longer handle drawing 200 players.

Recently, we had an event where we discovered the hard cap on server capacity is 250. Some people lagged extremely hard, some didn't. My old laptop with its 650M didn't really lag much at all, but people with $1000 computers thought it was unplayable. Everybody blamed the server, but I'm more inclined to think people view their computers like people used to view their hot rods: totally infallible, evidence to the contrary be damned.

It is, more than ever, insanely easy to put pressure on any server because of how bad the networking engine is. Reviving and/or slaying everybody on a full server, for example, tends to massacre performance. Naturally, the first thing every single new admin does when they get the password is log on and revive everybody twenty times.

I have not had good experiences on Warlance or QIG servers since the last couple of updates. The lag on them, especially at or right after peak hours, is basically unplayable for me. Some people notice the difference, some don't.
I mean then its the host? spending more doesn't always mean the quality is better. See if someone like Oasis is willing to do a higher quality server if payed down for more. I feel a quality server would really help, because it feels like in the recent years events have been way more laggy then usual. Who knows. I don't really blame the hoster of events for quality of servers, I just think we need to find a compromise with fixing the quality, cause it feels REAL janky.

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2020, 07:38:48 am »
I mean then its the host? spending more doesn't always mean the quality is better. See if someone like Oasis is willing to do a higher quality server if payed down for more. I feel a quality server would really help, because it feels like in the recent years events have been way more laggy then usual. Who knows. I don't really blame the hoster of events for quality of servers, I just think we need to find a compromise with fixing the quality, cause it feels REAL janky.

Those recent years happened after the patch that added Rheinbund and a whole lot of assets that there was never memory space for. There's a post by either Vincenzo or Olafson floating around something either here or on the Discord (I couldn't immediately find it) that basically said they could add a faction because of hardware improvement. The problem is that those hardware improvements were either irrelevant (things like better multicore processing, which doesn't affect single core Warband) or didn't happen.

Sharing a box from a new provider is not going to solve that problem. Even a miracle box wouldn't solve the clientside performance issues from a full server.

EDIT - I should also not neglect to mention that two patches ago, Taleworlds implemented a longer delay between when a person selecting their attack direction and when the packet was sent to the server. I have no doubt this also contributes to feeling lag. It's a hardcoded change, so there's nothing we can do about it and, again, present no matter what server you play on.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 12:31:29 pm by Xethos »
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2020, 08:00:33 am »
I've personally been really happy with Warlance and QIG. Granted I have a lot of servers from them now it is due to the quality.

I think the server that's used now for the events is great over all. Matter of opinion I guess
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline ibsocal

• Major General
  • Leader of horses, winner of things
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH/1erCG Major IB
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2020, 02:49:36 pm »
Im just saying is this game is like a week or two of no events removed from being left in the past until the clingers move on.. not that id ever suggest pulling the plug by boycotting hosting your events or anything.. that would be just so terrible, why would anyone want to stop volunteering their time for this grateful community? what would everyone even do with all their free time? just terrible really, couldnt even imagine it.

..anyway good luck, hope you guys figure it all out!

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2020, 03:59:36 pm »
What a bunch of wasted time.

Offline Kapow

• Sergeant
  • New York Frog Catchers Inc.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RonnieFlex
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2020, 07:27:15 pm »
How does an NA know of fucking Ronnieflex of all Dutch things

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2020, 02:49:30 am »
yikes

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr8[LG]S-Gefr_Kristine
« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2020, 02:51:05 am »
disregard

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2020, 03:26:06 am »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2020, 04:00:54 am »
Lets try and keep the community together and not break it apart! They spend their time hosting event and they do well. Just because you think they don't doesn't mean they don't.
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2020, 04:15:11 am »
Lets try and keep the community together and not break it apart! They spend their time hosting event and they do well. Just because you think they don't doesn't mean they don't.
I don't think anyone genuinely cares about this post anymore lets not post so we can pretend it never existed because thats how relevant it was.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2020, 04:29:30 am »
Nice to see how retarded events are run nowadays when they are doing 3 specialties per team with 120 people on the server....