Author Topic: North American Gold 5v5 League [Season 3][Team Redemption - S3 Champions]  (Read 116040 times)

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: North American Gold 5v5 League [Season 3][Week 4]
« Reply #1185 on: June 08, 2020, 07:16:25 am »
Jaax had 14 first bloods but it was all for nothing

all stats and fantasy stuff updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CLNV57QfVp73_yjSzyRlq1TbQj_pgqFonp9EKsB-TaI/edit#gid=0

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1186 on: June 08, 2020, 07:25:52 am »
its actually possible for Vindica to still make the playoffs. If TR loses and Vindica win, then Vindica gets in over TR.

SS is however already out
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1187 on: June 08, 2020, 07:31:33 am »
its actually possible for Vindica to still make the playoffs. If TR loses and Vindica win, then Vindica gets in over TR.

I am not looking for "compensation" for my own team, I just feel the idea of a 4 team playoff is just "medieval" way of thinking, when you compare it to other leagues. A proper regular season should be implemented as the league goes on. Right now I think the best decision is just to allow everyone to play, since it shows development on a team and makes things interesting. I don't find anything interesting about 4 like wise team facing it off. It gives more opportunities to see how things progress. Which is what a league is.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #1188 on: June 08, 2020, 07:45:58 am »
Regular season is for playoff seeding in every single sport other than soccer. There isn't enough teams to eliminate them from the playoffs. The top two teams should be rewarded with a bye week for their regular season performance and they get to scout the other teams during their matches. 3 seed plays 6 seed, 4 seed plays 5 seed. I don't get what the big deal would be to do this. More twitch viewers for you Aurum because there would be two teams not playing that could watch the matches and it extends the season a little bit. It would benefit everyone (more twitch streams and everyone gets to play NW a bit more).

If you're set on 4 teams then go for it, but at least consider the benefits of doing it this way.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1189 on: June 08, 2020, 07:48:22 am »

I am not looking for "compensation" for my own team, I just feel the idea of a 4 team playoff is just "medieval" way of thinking, when you compare it to other leagues. A proper regular season should be implemented as the league goes on. Right now I think the best decision is just to allow everyone to play, since it shows development on a team and makes things interesting. I don't find anything interesting about 4 like wise team facing it off. It gives more opportunities to see how things progress. Which is what a league is.
wasnt trying to compensate. just thought it was funny
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: June 08, 2020, 07:54:56 am »
Regular season is for playoff seeding in every single sport other than soccer. There isn't enough teams to eliminate them from the playoffs. The top two teams should be rewarded with a bye week for their regular season performance and they get to scout the other teams during their matches. 3 seed plays 6 seed, 4 seed plays 5 seed. I don't get what the big deal would be to do this. More twitch viewers for you Aurum because there would be two teams not playing that could watch the matches and it extends the season a little bit. It would benefit everyone (more twitch streams and everyone gets to play NW a bit more).

If you're set on 4 teams then go for it, but at least consider the benefits of doing it this way.

You bring up some valid points so I'll sleep on it but I think you guys are wrong for comparing this to a regular sports league. This is an extremely simple and small league lasting 5 weeks with 6 teams while most other professional leagues are not only longer but with more teams. Does seeding even really matter with 6 seeds? If anything it'll punish the 3 and 4th seed more than it will reward the 1st and 2nd seed. The 1st and 2nd seed will still have to play the same amount of games to get into the championship the 3rd and 4th seed have to play an extra series. Like I said ill sleep on it but idk

Edit: replaced playoffs with championship
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 08:00:19 am by Aurum »
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 08, 2020, 08:02:01 am »

You bring up some valid points so I'll sleep on it but I think you guys are wrong for comparing this to a regular sports league. This is an extremely simple and small league lasting 5 weeks with 6 teams while most other professional leagues are not only longer but with more teams. Does seeding even really matter with 6 seeds? If anything it'll punish the 3 and 4th seed more than it will reward the 1st and 2nd seed. The 1st and 2nd seed will still have to play the same amount of games to get into the championship while the 3rd and 4th seed have to play an extra series. Like I said ill sleep on it but idk
The point he is making, is that you take away variety from dismantling two other teams, you are right, there is only 6 teams, and we only have 5 weeks, which gives every reason to have 6 team playoff. You just stated for yourself that the league lasted only 5 weeks, so shouldn't every team be given the ability to play, since its such a small league lasting only 5 weeks. To say that because it is a small league is invalid. A 6 team playoff is like the minimum. You will give these lower end teams to redeem themselves, and more chances to make the league interesting. Being generic shouldn't be the goal here, being different should be, and so far the league has been, but I think it is a major mistake to eliminate the last two teams with it being already such a short, and small league to begin with. You might as well make something interesting.

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 08, 2020, 08:10:29 am »
Also "adding" more matches for lower seeds is actually more beneficial since it gives them more time to build teamwork, before they face real strong first seed and second seed teams. To say more reps in this short league is bad, is highly wrong. Repping more as of right now in the current league situation is far better for every team.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #1193 on: June 08, 2020, 08:10:48 am »

I mean, Hockey the regular season determines who gets into the playoffs and who doesn't. In SMITE (idk about other games) not all the teams go to the playoff stage after the regular season.
Having everyone make the playoffs takes away from the importance of the regular season, if everyone's guaranteed to make it, then who cares? You could put in zero effort every match, still make the playoffs and then switch it on for play offs. Sure, you get better seeding on paper, but it makes no practical difference, like if your team has a tendency to play really well against say Corona, but really shit against Redemption, what's to stop people from just half-assing their matches to end up with seeding so they can play Corona first?
Like there's no point to a regular-season if you do that, at that point, it's literally just a bunch of scrims. Teams should have to play to earn their spots, they shouldn't be guaranteed just for participating.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #1194 on: June 08, 2020, 08:14:58 am »

I mean, Hockey the regular season determines who gets into the playoffs and who doesn't. In SMITE (idk about other games) not all the teams go to the playoff stage after the regular season.
Having everyone make the playoffs takes away from the importance of the regular season, if everyone's guaranteed to make it, then who cares? You could put in zero effort every match, still make the playoffs and then switch it on for play offs. Sure, you get better seeding on paper, but it makes no practical difference, like if your team has a tendency to play really well against say Corona, but really shit against Redemption, what's to stop people from just half-assing their matches to end up with seeding so they can play Corona first?
Like there's no point to a regular-season if you do that, at that point, it's literally just a bunch of scrims. Teams should have to play to earn their spots, they shouldn't be guaranteed just for participating.

We've already had this discussion on every draft league. 6 teams is different than 31 like in the NHL... And like I said the regular season is for seeding, so its for the same reason the top teams in the NHL push for the 1 seed to get a better matchup, or like how in the NFL teams push for a wildcard bye.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 08, 2020, 08:17:34 am »

Which is why the decision is being decided on basically at the end of the regular season.... the argument against saying it takes away from a important regular season is dumb in my opinion. Its the same argument from people wanting a 4 seed playoff, while I am not interpreting it is completely stupid. I think its better to point out how short the season already is. The Regular season does nothing for most teams. If you really wanted to have a impactful regular season it should have been extended. It is better to think abroad, and how we can make a playoff interesting. Either way the importance of the regular season at this point shouldn't be about elimination, but about seeding and making the playoff race easier. Scrimming will only make some players or teams so good, the only way some players get the reps they need is through regular season, and we don't have a lot of that as is. Why should a team, have a few bad performances and already be ruled out?

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: June 08, 2020, 08:27:55 am »

We've already had this discussion on every draft league. 6 teams is different than 31 like in the NHL... And like I said the regular season is for seeding, so its for the same reason the top teams in the NHL push for the 1 seed to get a better matchup, or like how in the NFL teams push for a wildcard bye.

The number of teams doesn't make a difference. In fact, if we had a larger community with more potential teams, I would even suggest not only do the bottom 2 teams get eliminated but they have to play relegation matches lol.  If everyone makes the playoffs, then the regular-season matches are literally just scrims, they hold no practical importance.  Who tf cares about seeding?

If you want a spot in the playoffs, play your ass off and earn it. If you don't make it, have some dignity, say your gg's and wait for the next league, that's what I'm gonna do if we don't make it. It feels like a cop-out to be complaining about the playoff setup right before playoffs.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 08, 2020, 08:30:27 am »

Which is why the decision is being decided on basically at the end of the regular season.... the argument against saying it takes away from a important regular season is dumb in my opinion. Its the same argument from people wanting a 4 seed playoff, while I am not interpreting it is completely stupid. I think its better to point out how short the season already is. The Regular season does nothing for most teams. If you really wanted to have a impactful regular season it should have been extended. It is better to think abroad, and how we can make a playoff interesting. Either way the importance of the regular season at this point shouldn't be about elimination, but about seeding and making the playoff race easier. Scrimming will only make some players or teams so good, the only way some players get the reps they need is through regular season, and we don't have a lot of that as is. Why should a team, have a few bad performances and already be ruled out?

The length of the regular season shouldn't make a difference. Like we all knew we had 5 matches to perform our best in and show that we deserve our spot in the playoffs. If a team is having enough bad performances to be eliminated, why should they be given a spot?

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 08, 2020, 08:36:50 am »

The length of the regular season shouldn't make a difference. Like we all knew we had 5 matches to perform our best in and show that we deserve our spot in the playoffs. If a team is having enough bad performances to be eliminated, why should they be given a spot?
No one is perfect, teams need time to adjust. Like I said to say teams who struggle are automatically unworthy of even PARTICIPATING in a chance to win, is judging someone who hasn't walked, on their inability to walk properly. None of these teams have had a proper amount of time to practice, which gives everyone reason to have them all play in a playoff to show off how they have improved. Like I said this is why this "playoff" decision should be determined after, so teams try hard through. We all have 1 match left, so for most teams it is already a "scrim" since some are predetermined to their disposition. Some already know what it takes to either win, or even if they have to try anymore. The season is so short, to argue that perfect performance for 4 weeks of actually playing, some players just coming back in the period, is absolutely insane.

Offline Yoshiee

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yoshie
« Reply #1199 on: June 08, 2020, 08:39:10 am »
when cytius picks a fight a keyboard warrior god