Author Topic: North American Gold 5v5 League [Season 3][Team Redemption - S3 Champions]  (Read 116032 times)

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North American Gold 5v5 League [Season 3][Week 3]
« Reply #795 on: May 31, 2020, 06:08:09 am »
jorge is allowed to stream, I can't tell him that he can't but I'm going to be streaming tomorrow no matter what so it doesn't make sense to split up the viewerbase. I was under the impression that jorge wanted to do what Dan and glenn have been doing on my stream but he had a different idea in mind. It doesn't really matter it was just a misunderstanding. am i being a little jewish about it? probably, but i've already been streaming it for the past couple weeks and it's my league so I feel like it just makes sense if my stream takes priority. plus I didn't stream the match tonight, and only played two rounds so i'm kinda itching to stream since it is super fun and rewarding for me.
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #796 on: May 31, 2020, 06:37:42 am »
Jorge needs the subs so he can finally pay off WPC

click here to join the 84th

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #797 on: May 31, 2020, 06:40:11 am »
Jorge needs the subs so he can finally pay off WPC
Sources say on June 1st Wastee and Havoc will receive their final payments

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 31, 2020, 06:41:57 am »
Also i'm updating the rules down below.

Overtime
Max of 1 Bo6 OT (3-3 tie, 4 round wins to win)
3-3 Tiebreaker will be a ft4 (4 round wins to win, no ties after)
Each team will get 1 30 second timeout each OT period (so one 30 second timeout during the Bo6 and one during the ft4 period)

My logic for this is that I still like the bo6 format, but the matches can last for a bit too long and with the possibility of there being three ties (unlikely, but just incase) a series, it just makes sense to cut it off at a certain point. The minimum amount of rounds the overtime can be is 4 while the max is 13, which I think is a fair amount. It will give teams the chance to rebound if they played a bad round or two without it dragging out too long. For reference, SS vs BM last week was a total of 17 rounds of overtime which is a little excessive considering it could of gone even longer. Let me know what you guys think about this.

General Rules:
Officially putting this in writing, but both teams will have to be ready (R is typed) by 59:30. This'll give time for substitutions to happen and strats to be called without taking too long. Most games have been proceeding like this anyways.
Rosters will be 100% deadlocked by the end of Round 5. Meaning that if you have an inactive player in the playoffs, then you won't be able to swap that person out for a free agent.
Rounds will last a maximum of 5 minutes

Playoff information:
Single elimination format
Seeds 1 - 4
Round 1 will be a simple Bo3
Round 2 (Championship) will be a Bo5 - willing to change this if people think that a Bo5 would be way too much to play for.

Still toying around with the idea of a lower seeded "tournament" as well. Undrafted team vs seed 6 and winner plays seed 5. However there would be no prizepool unless people donated. So i'm not too sure if people would even want to play with that. Or maybe just say fuck it and do seeds 1-6 in the tournament. I'll put a poll up on the thread because I'm actually still really torn about this. I'm torn because it feels like seeds 1-2 don't get anything special for being top seeded but at the same time if seeds 5 and 6 are in the tournament then what was the actual point of having the regular season if everybody was going to be in the playoffs anyways. I mean seeds 3-6 will have to play an extra game in the playoffs but still. pls vote i need help

Lastly - Trading ends this week, so if you want to do a last minute trade then this is your chance.

but ye just let me know what yall think

I think bo5 is too much, even if it's the championship.

And playoffs should be seeds 1-4. whole point of a regular season imo

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 31, 2020, 06:46:04 am »

Overtime
Each team will get 1 30 second timeout each OT period (so one 30 second timeout during the Bo6 and one during the ft4 period)

My logic for this is that I still like the bo6 format, but the matches can last for a bit too long and with the possibility of there being three ties (unlikely, but just incase) a series, it just makes sense to cut it off at a certain point. The minimum amount of rounds the overtime can be is 4 while the max is 13, which I think is a fair amount. It will give teams the chance to rebound if they played a bad round or two without it dragging out too long. For reference, SS vs BM last week was a total of 17 rounds of overtime which is a little excessive considering it could of gone even longer. Let me know what you guys think about this.

General Rules:
Officially putting this in writing, but both teams will have to be ready (R is typed) by 59:30. This'll give time for substitutions to happen and strats to be called without taking too long. Most games have been proceeding like this anyways.
Rosters will be 100% deadlocked by the end of Round 5. Meaning that if you have an inactive player in the playoffs, then you won't be able to swap that person out for a free agent.

Playoff information:
Seeds 1 - 4
Round 2 (Championship) will be a Bo5 - willing to change this if people think that a Bo5 would be way too much to play for.

Still toying around with the idea of a lower seeded "tournament" as well. Undrafted team vs seed 6 and winner plays seed 5. However there would be no prizepool unless people donated. So i'm not too sure if people would even want to play with that. Or maybe just say fuck it and do seeds 1-6 in the tournament. I'll put a poll up on the thread because I'm actually still really torn about this. I'm torn because it feels like seeds 1-2 don't get anything special for being top seeded but at the same time if seeds 5 and 6 are in the tournament then what was the actual point of having the regular season if everybody was going to be in the playoffs anyways. I mean seeds 3-6 will have to play an extra game in the playoffs but still. pls vote i need help

Lastly - Trading ends this week, so if you want to do a last minute trade then this is your chance.

I don't disagree with you
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #800 on: May 31, 2020, 07:00:40 am »

Overtime

General Rules:

Playoff information:
Seeds 1 - 4

imagine a quintuple overtime in game 5 it would literally take 4 hours if the teams are close, some of these matches are already 2 or almost 3 hours with just bo3, adding in warmup and setup it could take 6 hours just for 1 match

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 31, 2020, 07:04:47 am »
Very true. Good feedback btw, keep it coming if you think of stuff

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 31, 2020, 10:36:17 pm »
gg antisemitic scumbags

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #803 on: May 31, 2020, 10:45:47 pm »

Overtime

General Rules:

Playoff information:
Seeds 1 - 4

imagine a quintuple overtime in game 5 it would literally take 4 hours if the teams are close, some of these matches are already 2 or almost 3 hours with just bo3, adding in warmup and setup it could take 6 hours just for 1 match
the longest match (bm vs ss) was about 2 hours. Probably a little less. You are grossly over exaggerating

Bo5 would probably take like 4 hours max which I would say is not only too long but also unnecessary
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:50:49 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 01, 2020, 01:38:22 am »

Overtime

General Rules:

Playoff information:
Seeds 1 - 4

the longest match (bm vs ss) was about 2 hours. Probably a little less. You are grossly over exaggerating

Bo5 would probably take like 4 hours max which I would say is not only too long but also unnecessary

The total match was actually just over 2 hours, in terms of just gameplay time, but the amount of time spent on the game including setting up the server and the map had the stream at a total of 2 and a half hours including the post game. With just minimum warm up from either team it's very possible that a match could run 5 or 6 hours, I didn't say it would but teams would probably take a lot less risk in the championship match and it's very easy to see a match take that long. Def not a over exaggeration.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/631142037

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #805 on: June 01, 2020, 01:59:03 am »

Overtime

General Rules:

Playoff information:
Seeds 1 - 4

The total match was actually just over 2 hours, in terms of just gameplay time, but the amount of time spent on the game including setting up the server and the map had the stream at a total of 2 and a half hours including the post game. With just minimum warm up from either team it's very possible that a match could run 5 or 6 hours, I didn't say it would but teams would probably take a lot less risk in the championship match and it's very easy to see a match take that long. Def not a over exaggeration.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/631142037
post game  is  irrelevant . warm up is for noobs
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • perpetually injected with Imipolex G since 2013
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Meximemer
« Reply #806 on: June 01, 2020, 02:58:24 am »
Why should only 2 teams not make playoffs, it seems arbitrary to have 4

Should be everyone is in playoffs but top 2 teams get a bye because as it stands there isn't as much a point to win after a team is guaranteed a playoff spot...
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #807 on: June 01, 2020, 02:59:51 am »
only the top 2 teams should make the playoffs
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 01, 2020, 03:12:14 am »
match about to go live if you guys want to go watch on the server or stream twitch.tv/aestheticaurum

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 01, 2020, 03:46:59 am »
no teams should make the playoffs, best regular season record given the money