Author Topic: North American Gold 5v5 League [Season 3][Team Redemption - S3 Champions]  (Read 116022 times)

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North American Gold 5v5 League [Season 3][Week 3]
« Reply #750 on: May 29, 2020, 09:38:22 pm »
Also i'm updating the rules down below.

Overtime
Max of 1 Bo6 OT (3-3 tie, 4 round wins to win)
3-3 Tiebreaker will be a ft4 (4 round wins to win, no ties after)
Each team will get 1 30 second timeout each OT period (so one 30 second timeout during the Bo6 and one during the ft4 period)

My logic for this is that I still like the bo6 format, but the matches can last for a bit too long and with the possibility of there being three ties (unlikely, but just incase) a series, it just makes sense to cut it off at a certain point. The minimum amount of rounds the overtime can be is 4 while the max is 13, which I think is a fair amount. It will give teams the chance to rebound if they played a bad round or two without it dragging out too long. For reference, SS vs BM last week was a total of 17 rounds of overtime which is a little excessive considering it could of gone even longer. Let me know what you guys think about this.

General Rules:
Officially putting this in writing, but both teams will have to be ready (R is typed) by 59:30. This'll give time for substitutions to happen and strats to be called without taking too long. Most games have been proceeding like this anyways.
Rosters will be 100% deadlocked by the end of Round 5. Meaning that if you have an inactive player in the playoffs, then you won't be able to swap that person out for a free agent.
Rounds will last a maximum of 5 minutes

Playoff information:
Single elimination format
Seeds 1 - 4
Round 1 will be a simple Bo3
Round 2 (Championship) will be a Bo5 - willing to change this if people think that a Bo5 would be way too much to play for.

Still toying around with the idea of a lower seeded "tournament" as well. Undrafted team vs seed 6 and winner plays seed 5. However there would be no prizepool unless people donated. So i'm not too sure if people would even want to play with that. Or maybe just say fuck it and do seeds 1-6 in the tournament. I'll put a poll up on the thread because I'm actually still really torn about this. I'm torn because it feels like seeds 1-2 don't get anything special for being top seeded but at the same time if seeds 5 and 6 are in the tournament then what was the actual point of having the regular season if everybody was going to be in the playoffs anyways. I mean seeds 3-6 will have to play an extra game in the playoffs but still. pls vote i need help

Lastly - Trading ends this week, so if you want to do a last minute trade then this is your chance.

but ye just let me know what yall think
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 09:44:04 pm by Aurum »
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #751 on: May 29, 2020, 09:44:47 pm »
why not give 1 and 2 seeds a first round bye? 1 plays winner of 3 vs 6 and 2 plays winner of 4 vs 5. then you get every seed involve but reward top two seeds

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 29, 2020, 09:46:10 pm »
why not give 1 and 2 seeds a first round bye? 1 plays winner of 3 vs 6 and 2 plays winner of 4 vs 5. then you get every seed involve but reward top two seeds

If we do all 6 seeds then thats how it would be

nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline Yoshiee

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yoshie
« Reply #753 on: May 29, 2020, 11:12:34 pm »
y regular season if u allow everyteam in playoff also about overtimes just saying if u gys stoped the match cuz it took too long i wouldve felt like i got cheated on there shouldnt be a limit of overtime people should be ready to sweat 1-2 hours everyone knew this going in this tournament

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #754 on: May 29, 2020, 11:26:47 pm »
y regular season if u allow everyteam in playoff also about overtimes just saying if u gys stoped the match cuz it took too long i wouldve felt like i got cheated on there shouldnt be a limit of overtime people should be ready to sweat 1-2 hours everyone knew this going in this tournament
i like it when yoshies screams at me for 2+hours
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #755 on: May 30, 2020, 01:01:03 am »
i like it when yoshies screams at me for 2+hours

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #756 on: May 30, 2020, 01:08:44 am »

The regular season is for getting the best seed possible. A 1-2 seed compared to a 4-6 seed is a huge difference.

I agree with you on the overtime tho. I think everyone goes in knowing you gotta bite down on the mouthpiece and power through. Just a battle of will at a certain point. Who wants it more type shit.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #757 on: May 30, 2020, 01:26:31 am »

The regular season is for getting the best seed possible. A 1-2 seed compared to a 4-6 seed is a huge difference.

I agree with you on the overtime tho. I think everyone goes in knowing you gotta bite down on the mouthpiece and power through. Just a battle of will at a certain point. Who wants it more type shit.
Yeh but nobody wants to play that many fucking rounds in OT. Just do a bo6 if you want to keep it and then a bo5. Playing 47 rounds on 1 map is fucking ridiculous. If you want to sweat 2 hours then you can do that but I'm sure most people don't want to play NW for over 2 hours straight for one match.

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #758 on: May 30, 2020, 01:34:41 am »
Reports are coming in that Team Redemption's star player (or not) RussianFury may be absent from tonights match at 930 versus Team Vindica. Sources are reporting that RussianFury was out late last night attempting to break into a McDonald's.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #759 on: May 30, 2020, 02:23:19 am »
Reports are coming in that Team Redemption's star player (or not) RussianFury may be absent from tonights match at 930 versus Team Vindica. Sources are reporting that RussianFury was out late last night attempting to break into a McDonald's.

Spoiler
[close]

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #760 on: May 30, 2020, 02:31:40 am »

Yeh but nobody wants to play that many fucking rounds in OT. Just do a bo6 if you want to keep it and then a bo5. Playing 47 rounds on 1 map is fucking ridiculous. If you want to sweat 2 hours then you can do that but I'm sure most people don't want to play NW for over 2 hours straight for one match.

Which is why it should've been best of 5 instead of 6 from the start. So that overtime is a one period type of thing but its whatever. You guys playing that much in OT was an outlier tho lol that was nuts. A&M vs LSU 7 overtimes vibes.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 30, 2020, 02:56:10 am »
looks like russian is playing tonight

game about to start if u wanna watch twitch.tv/aestheticaurum

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #762 on: May 30, 2020, 04:55:27 am »
Vindica 2 - 1 TR

Map 1 Vindica 19 - 16 TR

Map 2 Vindica 13 - 16 TR
Map 2
[close]

Map 3 Vindica 16 - 12 TR

Map 3
[close]

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #763 on: May 30, 2020, 04:56:15 am »
mmmmmmmmmmm

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 30, 2020, 05:07:56 am »
Amazing match tonight, unexpected by most with the outcome of it. Vindica came back from the first match at 12-5 and the rest is history. I think that TR is still a strong team, they might have to wrinkle out some kinks but the league is interesting at the moment and up in the air. The real test for this week is to see if blademasters can go 3-0. They face off Corona so anything is up in the air. Thanks for everybody for tuning in!

vod: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/635928004