Author Topic: What's your next buy?  (Read 106185 times)

Offline Mortem

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [10th] Mortem
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: What's your next buy?
« Reply #780 on: April 09, 2014, 07:05:34 pm »
hmmm im looking for a bugle like this...
Spoiler
[close]
WiWaWølff: unehrenhaft im nahkampf durch ein bajonett gestorben und nicht absolut ehren- und heldenhaft weit weg des Kampfes auf einem artilleriegaul von einer kanonenkugle zerfezt...moment

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #781 on: April 09, 2014, 07:16:00 pm »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=bugle

?

Lots of stuff here.

This one looks almost exactly like the one you are looking for. But closes in one hour:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bugle-Mayers-Harrison-1954-/181372047620?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Brass_RL&hash=item2a3a9dd104

Problem is, it has this stupid engravings. I guess all bugles do. Well. Good luck finding one that fits. I think that will be almost impossible, unless you go with the one from that Beglian store or an ACW one without engravings. But these are not like the one you want.. Hmm.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 07:18:45 pm by Olafson™ »

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #783 on: April 09, 2014, 07:41:38 pm »

This one looks almost exactly like the one you are looking for. But closes in one hour:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bugle-Mayers-Harrison-1954-/181372047620?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Brass_RL&hash=item2a3a9dd104

Problem is, it has this stupid engravings. I guess all bugles do. Well. Good luck finding one that fits. I think that will be almost impossible, unless you go with the one from that Beglian store or an ACW one without engravings. But these are not like the one you want.. Hmm.

With that many dents, I wonder if the sound will be that good.

I found this;

http://www.re-enactmentshop.com/webshop/napoleonic-wars/accessories/bugle?page=0,1

That's not a Napoleonic bugle.

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 09, 2014, 07:52:23 pm »
Yes. I talked to one of your Surgeons in Gettysburg.

I think the 5th and 2nd are both part of this: http://www.napoleonische-gesellschaft.de/ right?

The 2nd and 5th KGL are both based around Osnabrück, I think which makes it rather easy to get there as well. Just the "Schleppenburg " is not that easy to access using Public transport.
I can easily get to Osnabrück though. 

Did you talk to a woman?

well, it's a bit mor complicated with the KGl groups :P There are 3 groups. One is the 2tes leichtes bataillon (Deutsch gut ja?) with Mortem and me. We own the Schleppenburg (awesome shit gut ja?) and this building and a few members (normal memebers and Sergeant, Leutnant and Oberst..gut ja?) are based around Osnabrück. The other members are spread from Trier to Kiel  ;) .Than there are 2 other KGL groups. One is the 5th KGL Grenadiers (Grenadier Kompanie gut ja?). They got members from southern germany (Schwaben gut ja? NEIN Ich don't like Schwaben) to the Uckermark. The KGL Grenadiers are a bunch of nice men. I think they have around 10 active guys - not as much as the green KGL but still pretty well.
But there is also another 5th Line group. They are doing the light company (mostly Scharfschützen of the light Kompanie - so they got baker Gewehre gut ja?). They exist a bit longer then the Grenadiers but only got 3 active guys I think (2 from Hamburg and 1 from Osnabrück gut ja?). Well every unit of those 3 is great and we try to work together alot but of course the green guys are the greatest guys  ::)
I don't know where you live Olafson but if you wanna do a prussian impression and you live in the west I would recommend you the Westfälische Landwehr.
 http://www.5-preussische-brigade.de/

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 09, 2014, 08:29:37 pm »
Yes, I talked to a Women.
To the very left:
Spoiler
[close]

Not that it matters, but she is the only one from your group, I actually talked to and immediately tried to recruit us :P

I researched a bit in your group and the other KGL a week ago. I am rather interested in it because it is in Germany, rather close to me I live in Xanten and Osnabrück is like 2 hours away with the train and your  group is quite active.

Offline Mortem

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 09, 2014, 08:40:55 pm »
Spoiler
She´s very friendly :P

OLAFSON™ COME TO THE GREEN SIDE OF FORCE-WE HAVE BAKERS   ;D
WiWaWølff: unehrenhaft im nahkampf durch ein bajonett gestorben und nicht absolut ehren- und heldenhaft weit weg des Kampfes auf einem artilleriegaul von einer kanonenkugle zerfezt...moment

Offline Vorposten

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Youtube-channel
« Reply #787 on: April 09, 2014, 09:00:07 pm »
OLAFSON™ COME TO THE GREEN SIDE OF FORCE-WE HAVE BAKERS   ;D

Olafson: Do what you think is best for youa nd what you like. If you like line go to line. If you like light, go to light ....  ;)
The best is:Look when you have time, how often you want to drive to Reenactments and what would be most of your interest.

And what should this say: "we have bakers"? Some other groups also have Baker Rifles.

And Mortem: Stop trying to put all peoples to the KGL 2nd light Bat. There are also other groups, who has other aims and are also a good choice.
Gezeichnet,
69thNY_CSgt_Outpost | [DL]III_KBR_Sap_Vorposten | 3tesWaldeck_Fhr_Vorposten

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #788 on: April 09, 2014, 09:13:51 pm »
Join a french regiment so you camp close to mine?  :P

Every time I visit your camp the next reenactment ill be captured for being French...

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 09, 2014, 09:18:23 pm »
Very true, Vorposten. Do what you want ...and we need more line infantry and good prussians :P
yep mortem. We got so many recruits its hard to train and supply them  ::). There are a lot of other great units and some got bakers, too. And we light kgl guys use the brown bess too :P

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 09, 2014, 09:23:39 pm »
I met a couple guys at Gettysburg who reenact prussian Gardes. They assumed I didnt know what they were like but when I motioned above my head a shape of a large plume they understood perfectly.

Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Mortem

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 09, 2014, 09:31:07 pm »
And Mortem: Stop trying to put all peoples to the KGL 2nd light Bat. There are also other groups, who has other aims and are also a good choice.
vorposten i hope you know that im just joking? :P
yep mortem. We got so many recruits its hard to train and supply them  ::).
indeed!  ;D we´ve got a lot of recruits, around 7 or 8 eh?

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 09, 2014, 11:25:06 pm »

We are getting very much offtopic here! RETURN TO REENACTMENT DISCUSSION!

I copied my post to there.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 11:29:51 pm by Olafson™ »

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 10, 2014, 12:43:34 am »
Haha, fse joining reenacting good good ;)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 10, 2014, 12:54:59 am »
Haha, fse joining Napoleonic reenacting good good ;)