Author Topic: Let's discuss: Reenacting!  (Read 232728 times)

Offline Von Alten

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Let's discuss: Reenacting!
« Reply #1125 on: July 21, 2014, 10:09:26 pm »
Danke

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

I'm bullying you, 14e became master on bullies

14e_SoP_Alten | 2pp_Fiz_Alten | 1oCaz_Cpl_Alten

Offline Ililsa

• Major
  • This knife of Sheffield steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Ililsa
« Reply #1126 on: July 21, 2014, 10:38:31 pm »
Back from Kelmarsh, shame there weren't any other FSE people there, I kept an eye out for russkies, rifles and frogs, though.

Saturday night was pretty mental, the battle was pretty cool from an atmosphere point of view, but the lack of practice in other groups really kinda sucks, I took a few spear jabs that were way lower than I'd ever allow, and the guys I jabbed just didn't react - probably because they were on the winning side and didn't want to get deaded by the dirty Scots.
I was watching ^^

Awesome. If you saw it on saturday then I was with the Scots spearmen, one of two guys actually wearing a gambeson there, instead of just a tunic.

Sadly I sprained my ankle a while after that battle so I wasn't in the battle on sunday.
Crawling back to you,
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'cause I always do.
FUCKING MEDIEVAL HIPSTERS

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
  • Heres to the bloody fighting 95th
    • View Profile
  • Nick: its_barnesy_bitches
« Reply #1127 on: July 21, 2014, 11:05:45 pm »
Back from Kelmarsh, shame there weren't any other FSE people there, I kept an eye out for russkies, rifles and frogs, though.

Saturday night was pretty mental, the battle was pretty cool from an atmosphere point of view, but the lack of practice in other groups really kinda sucks, I took a few spear jabs that were way lower than I'd ever allow, and the guys I jabbed just didn't react - probably because they were on the winning side and didn't want to get deaded by the dirty Scots.

We don't do kelmarsh. The organisers are very picky about cross dressers on the battlefield aren't they... which is annoying for us, as our cannon crew is basically all women. So we don't attend out of principle that if some aren't allowed, then we won't go
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"
Aww thanks Cenkris for those kind words
Ex Leader of the 15th Rifle Detachment

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1128 on: July 21, 2014, 11:07:14 pm »
I really hate people that complain about those sorts of things.

Come on, it's the 21st century, we are doing a hobby.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 21, 2014, 11:16:28 pm »
I agree... it's not like our gun crew isn't up to the job, they consistently outshoot every other gun in the british artillery, and can move the piece incredibly well.
Don't know if any of you saw them at hoogstraten, they used it as a mobile piece, and bought it up with the skirmish line. For an all female team they won the praise from the Artillery commander for the aptitude and skill they showed on the field.

It shouldn't matter  if you have boobs or a cock, so long as you do your role justice and look bloody authentic rather than a sack of shite
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #1130 on: July 21, 2014, 11:47:46 pm »
Yep, then men over 40 or fat people should not be allowed either.

the more people doing reenactment the better, fuck the rules about womans.

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 21, 2014, 11:50:58 pm »
Exactly! I'd rather see a well populated battlefield with fatties and women than an empty one

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 21, 2014, 11:55:46 pm »
Id like to see women at least make an effort which most dont. I can understand why some events/units would not allow them in that role.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 22, 2014, 12:00:47 am »
Ours make a bloody good effort. They've even tried to learn to walk like a man

Offline TWking

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1134 on: July 22, 2014, 12:16:59 am »
Went to Kelmarsh for both days, saw some friends from one of the groups, got into a deep discussion with some Prussian Landwehr who subsequently tried to recruit me  :D. Got destroyed by some Brunswick Hussar Officers in the battle of Quatre Bra (war gaming) :(.
Saw the battle of the Standards, probably my favourite battle out of them all.
Didnt see any French..... again, had the same war of 1812 battle as last year.
Also I saw the breaking of the space-time continuum at the end.
Ill try and get some images up soon
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
« Reply #1135 on: July 22, 2014, 12:23:47 am »
21e doesn't go to kelmarsh either because of the organizer's picky and weird rules, 21e went to one in 2010

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZLugOdkzXY&list=UUuZBzGUx3U-HiFohLnF9NrQ[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14uFMFu7eaU[/youtube]

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 22, 2014, 12:25:56 am »
Same as 3/95th
I know that the 2/95th were there cause they love events with picky weird rules as they are picky and weird

Offline Ililsa

• Major
  • This knife of Sheffield steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Ililsa
« Reply #1137 on: July 22, 2014, 04:26:45 am »

We don't do kelmarsh. The organisers are very picky about cross dressers on the battlefield aren't they... which is annoying for us, as our cannon crew is basically all women. So we don't attend out of principle that if some aren't allowed, then we won't go

They're meant to be cool with them on the battlefield but get weird about them being in the living history area, which is daft as hell when you're portraying one specific thing.

Hell, I looked to my left during the battle, and saw a girl who looked like she was 12 and about 4 feet tall, and she was toting an axe. I have to admit I found that pretty crazy.

Standard. Dunno why they kept calling it Standards.

If you have pictures from the saturday battle, definitely get them up and I'll see if I can point myself out.
Crawling back to you,
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'cause I always do.
FUCKING MEDIEVAL HIPSTERS

Offline TWking

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 22, 2014, 12:13:50 pm »

They're meant to be cool with them on the battlefield but get weird about them being in the living history area, which is daft as hell when you're portraying one specific thing.

Hell, I looked to my left during the battle, and saw a girl who looked like she was 12 and about 4 feet tall, and she was toting an axe. I have to admit I found that pretty crazy.

Standard. Dunno why they kept calling it Standards.

If you have pictures from the saturday battle, definitely get them up and I'll see if I can point myself out.

Sorry I missed the Saturday battle. I will get some pictures up anyway.
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 22, 2014, 01:04:19 pm »